• Please log in to reply
1740 replies to this topic

#961 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

At what point does Babs call Kenny reminding him what he said at the end of the season? If this is how it's gonna be I don't blame Babcock, or anyone else (including core players) for wanting to leave.

#962 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Small, right handed borderline NHLer originally from Detroit. 

Are the Red Wings now the Make a Wish Foundation? 

Who was Dan Cleary before 2007?
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#963 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

I am being punked.  I knew it.  Ok Ashton, come on out.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#964 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Porter is gonna block jurco/mantha/pulk when we get injuries lmao

Nope. He'll outcompete Cleary. 

Good signing for Grand Rapids?

That was precisely my first thought.

temp 1

#965 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Hey guys remember when we signed guys like Rafalski and Hossa. Now we go for Porter and Quincey

#966 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Well look at who just said the same thing I did:

That lady is crazy.  Never listen to her.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#967 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Kevin Porter
current status: Unrestricted Free Agent (Group III)
#12 W | 5'11", 194 lbs. |
Birth Date:March 12, 1986 (28 years old)
Place of Birth:Detroit, MI
Shoots:L
Experience:6 years
Drafted:Drafted by Phoenix in 2004 (4/119).
Season Stats
  GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG TOI S PtsPG YTD 12 0 1 1 -5 2 0 0 0 11:37 3 0.08
Scouting Report
Assets: Is an industrious player with good instincts and versatility. Also boasts some scoring ability, especially at lower levels. Can play all three forward positions, which adds to his overall value. Flaws: Is a little undersized for a forward position, and he has trouble producing points on a consistent basis at the NHL level. Can also take bad penalties from time to time. Needs to find his niche. Career Potential: Versatile depth forward.

Seems like the only players we can sign are old, Europeans or players that have ties here. Unreal. 

#968 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,584 posts

Holland:  Our need is a right handed defenseman....but we'll take Kevin Porter and left handed forward...we like our team...

Guess what Kenny, no one else in the NHL likes your team...nobody will come play here...not even Swede's anymore...You are out of your league buddy. 1st round pick for Quincey, your top prospect for Legwand.  It's pretty sad when you get so desperate, that you need to overpay via a trade just to try to make it look like you are doing something... I like Legwand, but it was still overpayment compared to what else happened last march...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#969 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Maybe Porter for GR cause they're readying Mantha to come up instead of going to GR... Ha

#970 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Today is my birthday. Hockey has ruined my birthday. Thank you hockey, just please GOD don't resign Quincey Kenny!!

Mine is tomorrow.  FA just doesn't seem to bring the gifts the last few years eh?

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#971 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Who was Dan Cleary before 2007?

A first round draft pick...at least. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#972 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Kevin Porter
current status: Unrestricted Free Agent (Group III)
#12 W | 5'11", 194 lbs. |
Birth Date:March 12, 1986 (28 years old)
Place of Birth:Detroit, MI
Shoots:L
Experience:6 years
Drafted:Drafted by Phoenix in 2004 (4/119).

Season Stats   GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG TOI S PtsPG YTD 12 0 1 1 -5 2 0 0 0 11:37 3 0.08
Scouting Report Assets: Is an industrious player with good instincts and versatility. Also boasts some scoring ability, especially at lower levels. Can play all three forward positions, which adds to his overall value. Flaws: Is a little undersized for a forward position, and he has trouble producing points on a consistent basis at the NHL level. Can also take bad penalties from time to time. Needs to find his niche. Career Potential: Versatile depth forward.

"Also boasts some scoring ability, especially at LOWER LEVELS" ahahahahAha

#973 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

What would be really classic at this point is if even Cleary signs somewhere else. The writing is pretty much on the wall for how next season will go.

Edited by gcom007, 01 July 2014 - 02:50 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#974 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

According to bleacher report Washington or Minnesota for niskanen.

How the hell can Minnesota afford Suter, Parise, Vanek and Niskanen?  That would be over half their cap on 4 players.

Edited by rrasco, 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#975 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

How the hell can Minnesota afford Suter, Parise, Vanek and Niskanen?  That would be over half their cap on 4 players.

And koivu and pommonville

#976 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I don't even like soccer in the least bit and now I'm more excited for the game than anything Holland has delivered today. 

I hope Babs just death stares Holland every time he passes him for the next year. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#977 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

We could do a lot worse.  We could trade Tatar for potential and have Myers turn out to be a taller version of Brendan Smith.  Forever a bonehead. 

If I'm going to take a gamble on talent, I'll bet on Sproul.  He doesn't cost me anything to acquire. 

Myers has had his issues, but he's not the first player to have issues. (And playing for the team and organization he plays for does matter in trying to establish how good he really is and how good he really could be.) You're talking up Tatar when he's had one good season in which he faced relatively easy competition and got tons of o-zone starts and pretty much had zero real expectations weighing on his shoulders. He and Jurco are still largely unproven, and their trade value may be at all-time highs.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily pull the trigger. Myers' contract scares me. But I'd consider it. I love Sproul and genuinely believe he's a future #3 or #2 or maybe even #1, but, realistically, he's at least a couple years from being a guy who can make a difference.

Edited by Dabura, 01 July 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#978 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,584 posts

"Not everyone signs on July 1st guys...c'mon...Kenny Has A Plan!"

Well, at least you slappies cannot say "its not even July yet..." anymore...whats the next one in order? It's only training camp? It's only Decemeber? Wait til the deadline?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#979 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

I smell a Commie plot!  This has got to be Soviet payback for stealing Fedorov in '89.  Putin's replaced the real Ken Holland with a look alike, cloned in a jungle laboratory a la "Boys From Brazil". 

#980 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

As far as I'm concerned Holland has done the best job he could unless he trades away a young player for garbage. Free agebts don't want to come here? Fine build a winner from within then. Draft well. Develop even better. All things he has oversaught durring his tenure.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!