1816 replies to this topic

#1301 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Holland's quote on the free agent bust:

"We don't know why they're not coming here".

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#1302 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

@StapeNewsday: According to sources, #Isles were more than competitive with offers to targeted FAs: Offered 3 years to Dan Boyle, 4 years to Jarome Iginla.

:lol:

Good lord, we are becoming the Islanders.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1303 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Really????  Well you better damn well figure it out bucko!

#1304 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Is this an actual statement or just a joke?

#1305 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of  helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1306 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I really hope this spurs KH to offer sheet Subban. Make the deal as rich and unmatchable as you can.

It's not like their are any negatives to doing so, nobody will sign with us and nobody will trade fairly with us now anyway.

And Montreal would call him and say thanks for doing the negotiating for us.  Offer sheets don't work.

Del Zotto would be a reasonable signing, if it was short term (preferable one year, no more than two) for around $2.5 mil per.  He's struggled recently, but that was under Tortorella and then trying to catch on under Trotz.  He might be worth a flier on a reclamation project.  But only if they move Kindl.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#1307 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Is this an actual statement or just a joke?

No joke.

http://www.freep.com...ngs-free-agency

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#1308 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Del Zotto's only 24 years old and could fit to our young group of d men well.Still a lot of room for improvement for him unlike Kindl and especially for Quincey.

#1309 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

You offer a guy an extra year and 3.5 million to play for you and he says "no thanks"....I'm not sure what the GM can do.  We have two immediate RH D options in GR (Marchenko and Jensen) and another that's close in Sproul.  

Maybe we can use some of our cap space to pay the people's water bills...that might keep the UN out of town and that might raise the city's profile as a destination for FA's

#1310 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

With the best remaining options being Derek Morris, Ed Jovanovski, Michael Del Zotto, and Joni Pitkaenen, I'd much rather just give Sproul/Ouellet/Marchenko a chance with the big club, than waste our money on any of the players I just mentioned (I do sort of like Del Zotto, but he's yet another lefty). Or acquire a top D-man through trade. As long as we don't have to give up Tatar, Nyquist, or Mantha (I could live with giving up Jurco and picks for the right d-man).

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#1311 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

im glad I wasn't the only one eye balling del zotto I think if we tried for morris too that could possibly cover the woes we would have with kindl and Q

#1312 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Del Zotto's only 24 years old and could fit to our young group of d men well.Still a lot of room for improvement for him unlike Kindl and especially for Quincey.

I just really don't see how after striking out we can't be all over del zotto he's young, great puck mover and could be a home run if his potential pans out. I'll be mad if holland doesn't sign him enough is enough

#1313 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Ever been? Ever wonder why there are many multimillionaires in the suburbs of Detroit? It's because no one lives in the damned city, the live in the suburbs which are considered some of the best places to live in the whole country.

Yes, but you're not being offered a contract to play for the Bloomfield Hills Red Wings.  They also want to live in places with thriving downtowns, and for the more business minded players, areas that have a lot of potential endorsement deals.  Warmer weather helps too.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#1314 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of  helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

-edit- Didnt see Helm there. They might accept that trade. But giving up Helm and his deadly speed would be really tough to do.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 01 July 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#1315 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

-edit- Didnt see Helm there. They might accept that trade. But giving up Helm and his deadly speed would be really tough to do.

yeah I agree but I mean if we added someone with alittle more scoring umph and than yandle? it be tempting

#1316 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

I'd take Del Zotto over Kindl or Quincey any day of the week.  As far as Heatley or Setoguchi, I want nothing to do with either of those guys.  Vrbata is ok, but I'd also rather see Alfie back for 1 year and then Mantha up instead of getting him.  If I actually had things my way, I'd keep Mitch Callahan, promote Mantha if he shows he belongs, promote Ouellet and Sproul and then find a way to dump Kindl, whether it be a regular buyout or trade to a desperate team who cares, and then tell Cleary and Alfie to retire.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1317 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

yeah I agree but I mean if we added someone with alittle more scoring umph and than yandle? it be tempting

Indeed.

#1318 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

It's pretty simple.  The Red Wings don't seem like one of the top competitive teams or a team with a lot of potential headed in the right direction. 

This team continues to have no identity post-Lidstrom.

#1319 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,566 posts

Guess I'd be alright with Del Zotto - he's young, and said to have considerable potential.

Pair him with DD.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1320 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg