• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#1321 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

It sucks to see that other players don't want to play here. That says a lot about what the nhl community thinks about the direction that the Wings are headed. I hate trades as a way to acquire a player, because it's by far the least efficient way to add to the roster, and it helps the opposition, but I think a solid groundbreaking trade or two is going to be necessary to change the perceptions about where we are as an organization. That or put all the money into the kids and hope we have a franchise player or two in the pipeline to build around (unlikely).
I can't blame Holland for not getting much done today if players genuinely were going elsewhere for less lucrative contracts, but IMO this summer, up through the trade deadline are crucial in determining whether he's really the GM that the apologists believe him to be, or whether he's the GM that the critics see. How is he going to respond to today? What is his plan to make Detroit a place that valuable free agents will actually be willing to play for, and is he willing to pull the trigger on any plan to change the image of the Wings? Whatever needs to be done is going to be costly. Is he willing to part with Mantha? Is he willing to part with Nyqvist?

#1322 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

And there it is. 

Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

#1323 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

If Holland trades Helm to the Coyotes after this offseason bust again, I will officially give up on the Wings.  I'm ok with Abby going the other way, but I'd rather send Franzen and Pulkkinen than Helm.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1324 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Was just to post about Quincey. Admit it, you all know he's coming back. f*** YOU KENNY

#NOMOREKINDL

#1325 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Why are some here so surprised?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1326 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I'd take Del Zotto over Kindl or Quincey any day of the week.  As far as Heatley or Setoguchi, I want nothing to do with either of those guys.  Vrbata is ok, but I'd also rather see Alfie back for 1 year and then Mantha up instead of getting him.  If I actually had things my way, I'd keep Mitch Callahan, promote Mantha if he shows he belongs, promote Ouellet and Sproul and then find a way to dump Kindl, whether it be a regular buyout or trade to a desperate team who cares, and then tell Cleary and Alfie to retire.

that's all tempting but we still don't know if any of those guys are going to be as good as are forward kids where and even they dispeared when we needed them most in the po truth is id want 1 big d signed weather that ment a trade of course that depends on who we traded and than a proven goal scorer id rather have someone who can produce at least 20-30 goals but im still concerned about d 1st if at all we aren't going to get someone form of a top 4 dman than we need to think of a experienced forward who can score otherwise it could be a very long and hard year

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1327 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

And there it is. 

Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

China syndrome coming in 3...2...1...

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#1328 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

And there it is. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#1329 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

KFQ?  I guess we shouldn't be surprised....we all called that and Cleary signing 60f****** PAGES AGO!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1330 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Not surprised.  Just truly disappointed.  Truly, truly, truly

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#1331 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of  helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

Probably not, but that gets rid of whatever little grit or speed we have left.

Holland needs to  give his head a shake about Quincey. Instead of reiterating what I said in the Rumors thread, ill just copy it here:

I think the best bet is to just go forward with what we have next season, allowing younger players to get used to the NHL. Worst case Ontario, we get a high pick in a stacked draft. Even if we were to trade for Myers right now, its not like were winning the cup with this roster. 

The worst thing we could possibly do is sign Quincey again. He hinders the production of younger players without actually making our team better. Stay far far away kyle, please.

Edited by WingsallTheway, 01 July 2014 - 06:13 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#1332 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Please don't mistake my FFFFFFUUUUUUU as surprise instead of the fiery, unbridled rage it was intended to be.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1333 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

well he cant be that desperate yet he needs to think about the other options out there before he throws in the towel and signs that moron I swear Kenny think before you overact on this if your going to stick with a lefty go for del zotto please all Q is going to do is exactly what he did last year NOTHING! we needed to improve not sink lower no wonder no one wants to sign here they see the desperation

Edited by sjr2012, 01 July 2014 - 06:14 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1334 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

sjr2012 - I'd like to see Smith on the PP personally.  He's got the best 1-T on our team on D anyways.  If we had him on 1 pair unloading and Sproul on the other, I think we'd improve our PP considerably this season.  I didn't care too much about whether we got "top UFA's" or not, I just didn't want Q or Cleary back and want Kindl gone.  Those were the only moves that actually mattered to me this offseason.

#1335 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Not surprised.  Just truly disappointed.  Truly, truly, truly

Yup.

Unfortunately his inability of signing 'desirable' players, and re-signing guys we would rather not have has been the norm these past several years.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1336 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

Dear Holland:

2560343-matrix+-+not+like+this.gif

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#1337 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

And there it is. 

And somewhere in Sweden Adam Almquist's having a good laugh at the moment.

FML

#1338 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

******* DONE, CHECK YOUR TWITTERS, IT'S OFFICIAL. GOD DAMNIT

#NOMOREKINDL

#1339 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,661 posts

I could have lived with Holland doing nothing. I get that he swung and missed. Detroit isn't the destination that it once was... but Kyle Quincey is a void. He actively makes his defensive partner(s) worse. I quit.

I'm just going to sit in a corner for awhile.

#1340 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Quincey signed 4.25 2yrs