• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Brad Richards bought out by Rangers

Rate this topic

If you are a follower of advanced stats-which I admit I am not the biggest fan of, Richards 7.9 had a BETTER (HarD ranking) in 5 on 5 play, this year than franzen. So once again, sorry Richards is the better player. But again, neither are very good. So to review, Richards is younger, healthier, scores more goals, gets more assists, plays better defense (considering he was a 1C playing on a top line vs other teams best), and isn't a flake.

While Richards has a slightly better defensive rating by that advanced stat, Franzen has a far better offensive rating by the same stat and is ranked as the better player overall.

Here are their ratings last season in those stats.

HarD (Defensive rating) -

Richards 7.9

Franzen 5.3

HarO (Offensive Rating) -

Richards -0.6

Franzen 4.0

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 3.7

Franzen 4.7

Overall Quality of Teammates

Richards 9.7

Franzen 2.7

Overall Quality of Competition

Richards -2.1

Franzen -1.6

Over the past 2 years the gap widens.

Richards 14.5

Franzen 27.3

Richards 5.8

Franzen 8.7

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 10.1

Franzen 18.0

Richards 13.9

Franzen 6.7

Richards -2.6

Franzen -0.7

Here is the comparison over the past 3 seasons.

Richards 5.8

Franzen 32.9

Richards 6.6

Franzen 19.7

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 6.2

Franzen 26.3

Richards 5.3

Franzen 11.9

Richards -2.2

Franzen 0.3

I don't think advanced stats are going to help you in making a case that Richards is the better player, especially when he was making twice as much money as Johan.

While Richards has a slightly better defensive rating by that advanced stat, Franzen has a far better offensive rating by the same stat and is ranked as the better player overall.

Here are their ratings last season in those stats.

Richards 7.9

Franzen 5.3

Richards -0.6

Franzen 4.0

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 3.7

Franzen 4.7

Richards 9.7

Franzen 2.7

Richards -2.1

Franzen -1.6

Over the past 2 years the gap widens.

Richards 14.5

Franzen 27.3

Richards 5.8

Franzen 8.7

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 10.1

Franzen 18.0

Richards 13.9

Franzen 6.7

Richards -2.6

Franzen -0.7

Here is the comparison over the past 3 seasons.

Richards 5.8

Franzen 32.9

Richards 6.6

Franzen 19.7

HarT (Total Ranking) -

Richards 6.2

Franzen 26.3

Richards 5.3

Franzen 11.9

Richards -2.2

Franzen 0.3

I don't think advanced stats are going to help you in making a case that Richards is the better player, especially when he was making twice as much money as Johan.

Its called picking one specific states to prove a point and ignoring all other stats. Something a few people around here like to do. If we got Richards he would be on more than mule.

So-and this is why I don't put much weight in the advanced stats, franzen is better, then why does Richards have more points? They are = in regular season goals, Richards is much better in PO goals, and I don't care how you slice it, Richards doesn't play with guys as good as Datsyuk and Z, which those stats claim.

Again, I think both of these guys suck. The difference is the Rangers realized their mistake and corrected it. We did not. Can't wait for the next season to prove the point once again that franzen sucks. I will put the +/- at 60 for games played, 16 for goals scored, 1 for concussions.

Edited by Richdg

So-and this is why I don't put much weight in the advanced stats, franzen is better, then why does Richards have more points? They are = in regular season goals, Richards is much better in PO goals, and I don't care how you slice it, Richards doesn't play with guys as good as Datsyuk and Z, which those stats claim.

Again, I think both of these guys suck. The difference is the Rangers realized their mistake and corrected it. We did not. Can't wait for the next season to prove the point once again that franzen sucks. I will put the +/- at 0 for games played, 16 for goals scored, 1 for concussions.

Umm franzen played in 28 games less and had 10 points less. That seems to me like franzen was the better ppg player no matter what way you slice it.

Again, I think both of these guys suck. The difference is the Rangers realized their mistake and corrected it. We did not. Can't wait for the next season to prove the point once again that franzen sucks. I will put the +/- at 0 for games played, 16 for goals scored, 1 for concussions.

Wrong again...Neither guy sucks...Both are above average players, the difference between them is one gets paid twice as much as the other and was very recently the highest paid player in the league.

Also Franzen didn't play much with Datsyuk or Zetterberg this past season...his most common linemates were Nyquist and Legwand

Again, I think both of these guys suck. The difference is the Rangers realized their mistake and corrected it. We did not. Can't wait for the next season to prove the point once again that franzen sucks. I will put the +/- at 60 for games played, 16 for goals scored, 1 for concussions.

If you don't put much weight into them, why pick and choose the only one that proved your point?

And if he again scores 20+goals, will you let it die?