• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alextricity

Joe Thornton to the Wings?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone. First post, but I have been a lurker browsing this forums for the last few years. Wings fan since 1995. Many times I have been tempted to post and join but finally committed. One thing is I have issues all the time with this site and its ads on multiple computers at multiple places like work and home, etc. Really torques me off. I am a CS grad and A+ certified and been in comps since the 80s, don't like the format here, just my 2 cents.

Back on topic, NO to thornton. We all know what we need, it's been said many times here. A top six forward that can score and fight (esp now that Bert is gone), and a top 4 D man with a RH shot that can play on the PP. That should be our top 2 priorities. I don't know who the forward is, I would hope we make a trade. I don't see Mantha being that guy so we need a trade. As for the RH D man, I think P. K. Subban would be an interesting choice. He's wanting a lot of money but he is young, a 5-6 year deal that is setup the right way (pref front loaded with annual amount decreasing over time) might work. He would grow with the kids so I think that part is a fit. Certainly a good PC choice, keyword diversity. May be good for marketing. (Even though I detest PC)

Last year when Alfie came, I was hoping for Holland to make an impact trade that would get us near the cup. A guy gives that all up to come to you and you reward him with what, Cleary? To Holland's credit, he hasn't been awful, but TIME IS RUNNING OUT for dats and z, we can't afford to be a it's-business-as-usual team with a so-so mix of players just to be average, we need to win now, youth movement or not. If not, commit to the youth movement and trade them and rebuild. My opinion is we get those 2 priorities I mention, even if it isn't Subban, we compete for the cup. A bunch of declining veterans, UFA, RFA, or what, is not the answer. And the UFA market doesn't impress me this year anyway.

Ok flame away lol. Just kiss me before you shaft me lol. Seriously though, I think the majority of you guys do a good job of breaking down the issues facing the team and look forward to talking with you here.

One of our future big top six wingers?

With the silkiest mitts weve seen since datsyuk got here....

You would give up For someone who's got maybe one or two decent years left?

yup.......we need some size and grit. Let Helm, Abby, Tatar or Nyquist be a top six winger for the future. Like him or not, Thornton's size and veteran presence get noticed on the ice. I bet many teams would be focused on shutting him, Dats, or Z down and it gives the other youngsters a chance to make a play. Heck, put him on the third line and watch him light up everyone's lower roster players.

Paul Statsny - -the man with the difficult name -- would be available for nothing but cash, he is also younger so I would prefer him. Giving Jurco for Thornton would be a huge mistake.

Also keep in mind the guy has a no movement clause and I highly doubt he would waive it for another team entering the twilight and soon rebuildtime.

Edited by frankgrimes

Hello everyone. First post, but I have been a lurker browsing this forums for the last few years. Wings fan since 1995. Many times I have been tempted to post and join but finally committed. One thing is I have issues all the time with this site and its ads on multiple computers at multiple places like work and home, etc. Really torques me off. I am a CS grad and A+ certified and been in comps since the 80s, don't like the format here, just my 2 cents.

Ok flame away lol. and look forward to talking with you here.

Your username should be Dale Carnegie: (How to win friends and influence people). That's meant to be sarcastic, but actually, all that s*** with the site bugs me, too.

"CLICKS" for the new guy.

Edited by T.Low

Jurco, Andersson, and a pick would be fine with me

Excuse me, but I've already got Andersson packaged up (with Sedin friend Franzen) for Kesler, (to be on Datsyuk's wing). :-)

It's going to have to be Tatar and Weiss and a pick.

Kesler Datsyuk Nyquist

Zetterberg Thornton Jurco

Alfie Sheahan Pulkinen

Miller Glenny Advilkader

Helm/Callahan

Kesler is a perfect fit. A complete player, awesome two way game, scores bucket loads of goals when he played on Sedin's wing. Not only will he damn near match any scoring forward out there for goals, he'll also provide a second Selkie force to our top line.

Thornton is always voted top 5 Most Difficult to Play Against by his peers. Unbelievable how he can create time and space, and get the puck to wingers ready to score. He turns people into goal scorers. Hank will score 35 and Jurco would have more highlights than Hrtl.

Add a top 2 Dman, and thats a Cup favorite roster. Anything less is a waste of Z and D's season.

Edited by T.Low

Quote : " That's meant to be sarcastic, but actually, all that s*** with the site bugs me, too."

Yeah I know kind of crappy way to introduce oneself slammin on basically a gift service actually meant that to be soft reproach of course Im grateful for the providers and opportunity to comingle here. I guess the frustration of seeing the opposite of what I was taught in coding (user friendliness) flung all over the web every day slipped out. My apologies.

Also I wanted to add I was a partial ticket season holder for a couple of years with the "Trash" (Thrashers) as well as tv viewer. I bring this up because occasionally I see talk of Jets players. I am good with Kane, Jokinen, and Trouba. Slater was a heart and soul guy for the thrash and Thorburn did the enforcing. Wheeler has some flashes. On D Bogo seemed so so, Enstrom struggled at times. Lehtonen was a stud. And of course Heatley and Kovalchuk had their moments, scoring and getting them in the playoffs. Just what I remember.

Edited by yztheman