• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alextricity

Joe Thornton to the Wings?

Rate this topic

Paul Statsny - -the man with the difficult name -- would be available for nothing but cash, he is also younger so I would prefer him. Giving Jurco for Thornton would be a huge mistake.

Also keep in mind the guy has a no movement clause and I highly doubt he would waive it for another team entering the twilight and soon rebuildtime.

I feel like Stastny would make more sense, but still don't feel like we have the need for another center right now. He is younger, he is skilled, and comes with a better price tag over Thornton which I approve of also.

I feel like Stastny would make more sense, but still don't feel like we have the need for another center right now. He is younger, he is skilled, and comes with a better price tag over Thornton which I approve of also.

Neither do I but I would really prefer him over someone like Spezza, Thornton or Kesler for the simple fact that all three of these great players would cost a ton of assets. That aside Kesler for sure would be my favourite if they all would hgave been ufas come July the First.

I feel like Detroit is linked to every pending UFA or available trade candidate in the league right now. I like Thornton and the rumor I read is that SJ wants Franzen, our #1 pick this year and a top prospect. I don't know. Having Thornton as our second line center would mean we could put Z and D on the same line, but then who would be on Thornton's line? Do we go out and get another player? Iginla? Alfredsson? Heatley? Gaborik? How does acquiring Thornton help us on defense? We have plenty of good young talented forwards that get better each year. Plus, when their contracts expire and Thornton's older and not deserving of his $6.7 mil cap hit contract, what do we do then? Joe's a good pickup if we're trying to win a championship now, but I'm under the impression we're playing for the future.

I feel like Detroit is linked to every pending UFA or available trade candidate in the league right now. I like Thornton and the rumor I read is that SJ wants Franzen, our #1 pick this year and a top prospect. I don't know. Having Thornton as our second line center would mean we could put Z and D on the same line, but then who would be on Thornton's line? Do we go out and get another player? Iginla? Alfredsson? Heatley? Gaborik? How does acquiring Thornton help us on defense? We have plenty of good young talented forwards that get better each year. Plus, when their contracts expire and Thornton's older and not deserving of his $6.7 mil cap hit contract, what do we do then? Joe's a good pickup if we're trying to win a championship now, but I'm under the impression we're playing for the future.

Nonsense . No one wants franzen . His cap hit is way to high and he is too lazy . Every gm can see that

Nonsense . No one wants franzen . His cap hit is way to high and he is too lazy . Every gm can see that

I bet Sharks fans say the same thing about Thornton. And Thornton's cap hit is way too high for his lack of production and success in the postseason. At least Franzen has had some strong post season performances.

Just for the record, I'm all for keeping franzen. Yes a bargain at his cap hit no matter what the armchair gms around here think. Thornton would be a great addition though. I would think part of the post season trouble with him has to be the coaching

I bet Sharks fans say the same thing about Thornton. And Thornton's cap hit is way too high for his lack of production and success in the postseason. At least Franzen has had some strong post season performances.

Thornton's got better playoff numbers than Datsyuk. 100 pts. in 132 games to Datsyuk's 108 pts. in 145 games.

The "Thornton's a choker" in the playoffs narrative is overblown.

Still don't want him, but not for that reason.