• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StayClassy

Hartnell to Columbus for Umberger + 4th in 2015

Rate this topic

per tsn...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455502

Hartnell carries about the same cap hit for slightly longer term( $4.75m for 5 more years, compared to Umberger 4.6 with 3 more years). His game has dropped off a little, but he was still productive last season. Looks like Columbus may have found someone to be captain.

Pretty good return for Columbus for someone they were ready to buy out.

nice little trade. Two different types of players...glad to see some teams are looking to change in attempt to get better.... Kenny, you watching? Not saying I wanted either of them, but you have to adapt in this NHL. We need to tweak....getter tougher on D.

Don't know if I'd want Hartnell on the books for another 5 seasons. He's already slow as molasses and with his style of game, he's going to continue to decline at a decent rate.

I think it's more fair than people are making it out to be.

Yeah I actually think Philly won here. Maybe not this next year, but after that...

It probably suck at the moment from a Flyers fan's POV, but it'll help in the long run when guys like Simmonds, Read, etc need new deals. It seems like it's probably a part of something else, though. I don't imagine Hextall is done just yet.

Hartnell - 32, 4.75 cap hit, 5 years remaining, 52 pts last season
Umberger - 32, 4.6 cap hit, 3 years remaining, 34 pts last season (4 less games played)

Philly also got a 4th round pick

CBJ got the immediate upgrade and moved a guy who wanted out. Philly shed a contract that will begin to lose its value in 3 years.

This is hilarious. These GMs suck eggs these days. Everybody knows this is a win for CBJ.

The article basially summarized that:

1) Hartnell went to staff and said he wanted "to win"

2) Staff thought about it and asked themselves if they could be a winning team in the future

3) Team decided they are not a winning team and decided to tell Hartnell to leave

Edited by themcityblues

I would have taken either of these guys for Franzen in a heartbeat! Holland you asleep again? These are the type of guys that we need more off. Big rugged players that will score 20 goals or so per year while being tough to play against.

I would have taken either of these guys for Franzen in a heartbeat! Holland you asleep again? These are the type of guys that we need more off. Big rugged players that will score 20 goals or so per year while being tough to play against.

If we trade Franzen now and he retires 1 year before his contract is up we'd get hit with a $6 million cap penalty. That's probably why we'll keep our 25 goal scorer instead of trading for one.

If we trade Franzen now and he retires 1 year before his contract is up we'd get hit with a $6 million cap penalty. That's probably why we'll keep our 25 goal scorer instead of trading for one.

Same is true the other way. if Hartnell or Umburger retire those teams get hit with the cap penalty. Just that hartenll and umburger bring things to the table that franzen doesn't things like heart, effort, toughness and btw scoring. Franzen brings............................ Both of these guys are younger, healthier, and have shorter contracts. Both would have been good moves for us straight up.

Same is true the other way. if Hartnell or Umburger retire those teams get hit with the cap penalty. Just that hartenll and umburger bring things to the table that franzen doesn't things like heart, effort, toughness and btw scoring. Franzen brings............................ Both of these guys are younger, healthier, and have shorter contracts. Both would have been good moves for us straight up.

Younger, healthier, and have shorter contracts. Meaning they won't retire with term left on these deals. Meaning the recapture penalties aren't there. With Franzen we could be looking at 6 million in cap penalties if he retires early. Which is why he won't be moved. Kenny's not sleeping he just understands the weird concept of the future better than you do.

Most lgw members morning routine.

Wake up, have coffee

Complain about franzen (honourable mention of hossa)

Take a shower

Complain about babs/Holland/being too soft

Complain about franzen

Complain more about franzen

Complain even more about franzen....

This is the song that never ends...

Most lgw members morning routine.

Wake up, have coffee

Complain about franzen (honourable mention of hossa)

Take a shower

Complain about babs/Holland/being too soft

Complain about franzen

Complain more about franzen

Complain even more about franzen....

This is the song that never ends...

Na that's the routine of about 3 LGWers who apparently know better than professional hockey minds

Scott Hartnell is the kind of a player I would have liked to see come here. He's the kind of guy who can score you a goal when you really need one.

I know he's older and not super fast but he is clutch, and clutch is everything in life.

Scott Hartnell is the kind of a player I would have liked to see come here. He's the kind of guy who can score you a goal when you really need one.

I know he's older and not super fast but he is clutch, and clutch is everything in life.

Yeah but the guy did try to stop a guy on a breakaway by throwing his glove at him

meh. I'm happier having my lasting memory of Hartnell having his ass kicked by Jiri Fischer in Nashville.

Recapture penalty wouldn't be in effect if they used the compliance buyout... but way to be jerks about it?

Sorry, didn't mean to come off that way. I was just trying to explain that if we trade Franzen away now we could be looking at a 6 million cap penalty when he retires and that's why a trade wouldn't happen.