Photo
- - - - -

Hartnell to Columbus for Umberger + 4th in 2015

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Scott Hartnell is the kind of a player I would have liked to see come here. He's the kind of guy who can score you a goal when you really need one.

I know he's older and not super fast but he is clutch, and clutch is everything in life.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#22 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Scott Hartnell is the kind of a player I would have liked to see come here. He's the kind of guy who can score you a goal when you really need one.
I know he's older and not super fast but he is clutch, and clutch is everything in life.

Yeah but the guy did try to stop a guy on a breakaway by throwing his glove at him

#23 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Recapture penalty wouldn't be in effect if they used the compliance buyout... but way to be jerks about it? 

#24 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

meh. I'm happier having my lasting memory of Hartnell having his ass kicked by Jiri Fischer in Nashville. 

temp 1

#25 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Recapture penalty wouldn't be in effect if they used the compliance buyout... but way to be jerks about it? 

Sorry, didn't mean to come off that way. I was just trying to explain that if we trade Franzen away now we could be looking at a 6 million cap penalty when he retires and that's why a trade wouldn't happen.

#26 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to come off that way. I was just trying to explain that if we trade Franzen away now we could be looking at a 6 million cap penalty when he retires and that's why a trade wouldn't happen.

That wasn't directed at you.  ET and #9 were piggy-backing off that to complain (oh the irony) about people that complain about Franzen...

#27 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Hartnell seems like he will fit well in Columbus.  They are really putting a good/exciting team together.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#28 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

That wasn't directed at you.  ET and #9 were piggy-backing off that to complain (oh the irony) about people that complain about Franzen...

Not to create waves, but That's because in almost every thread there is recent and recurring talk about him.
There's a saying about a dead horse that applies, but I'm horrible at metaphors.
And I just looked up the video of jiri Fischer and Hartnell.
I forgot how physical jiri was.
It sucks the way his career ended.
I also had forgotten Hartnell played for Nashville for some reason.

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

I wasn't piggy backing anything. I didn't even quote anyone. I am annoyed by seeing every thread overtaken by people complaining about franzen.

#30 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I said I liked Hartnell and I got MEH'ed roundly...didn't mention #93 at all.

I was thinking of things like this...

http://sports.yahoo....-035023403.html

Not throwing a glove or winning or losing a fight he had 10 years ago.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012