• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

HHOF Class of 2014

Rate this topic

@AnsarKhanMLive: Hockey Hall of Fame announces Dominik Hasek, Mike Modano, Peter Forsberg, Rob Blake, late Pat Burns, ex-referee Bill McCreary in 2014 class.

Edit: there's some talk about why Lindros didn't make it. Thoughts?

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

@THNKenCampbell: Hall of Fame inducts best American (Modano) and first-ever Czech player (Hasek) today. Well done.

Bold statement.

Wow, I didn't even think of that, BoS. Dom was a first in several other categories and records in the NHL, too... so why not HHOF too!

This is a great class. Even though there's two former Avs they were both great players. Never grew tired of watching Blake's slapper and throwing his weight around (unless it was against the Wings of course), I really miss the hip check from the game today and he was one of the best.

Congrats to Dom. I still remember how excited i was when we acquired him.

I'm happy for all of them, I think they're all very deserving of this honor, but I'm especially happy for Dom. One of my happiest moments as a Wings fan was when he was traded to Detroit. It was like we won the Cup in July. We all knew that it was only a matter of time. This guy on the Red Wings could only produce a Stanley Cup.

Guest DeGraa55

No Ozzie on his first year eligible. Although having Hasek as a choice pretty much didn't give him a chance. Maybe next year?

You think he makes it?

Guest DeGraa55

Interesting article. I personally bounce back and forth. BAsed on regular season I don't think he is... But ultimately when it matters...,in the playoffs he was awesome.

So I think he should but idk if he will.

Interesting article. I personally bounce back and forth. BAsed on regular season I don't think he is... But ultimately when it matters...,in the playoffs he was awesome.

So I think he should but idk if he will.

865 regular season points in 760 games played? Plus the dude was a monster when it came to the intangibles? I'd be very sad if he didn't make it, there are more than a few worse players from the early years and high scoring 80s that made it. I think it would be shameful to deny a guy who had a stellar career and gave everything to the game, and even shortened his on-ice career because he played so hard. Lindros had legendary size and skill for a forward and deserves to be honored as a legend IMO.