• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

2014 NHL Awards Winners and Losers

Rate this topic

:evil::evil::evil::evil: Dislike Duncan Keith,you took shea weber's norris

Don't worry Webers time will come, the guy is too god to not win a Norris but sadly Keith had a great season too, plus he is playing for the Pens West so that has to be expected. Personally I'm a big believer in two seperate Norris awards: one for the best DEFENSEMAN and one for a two way defender. To me it's a shame that neither _Suter nor Weber are having a Norris trophy so far. In terms of Chara it's a lifetime nomination same as Lids last one was, sure he still played great but that year Weber was better and it's not easy to admit it, but true.

Can't believe I picked every winner right but at the end of the day most of these guys are very deserving. Far from a Crosby fan but the guy got voited by all NHLers as the best one in the game, so he certainly deserves it. If I were him I'd be giving more about that voting than the reporters one.

Rask versus Bishop? Well Rask had an unbelievable season so he certainly deserves it.

_Couldn't be happier for Moore nobody should experience what he went through.

as for NBC they just don't and will never know what hockey is all about so hardly surprising...

Edited by frankgrimes

Although you are right and Weber is the better defenseman, they don't give the award to the leagues best defenseman but the leagues best scoring defenseman. If they gave it to the truly best defenseman each year then Lidstrom would have won the award like 20 times.

Well he did win it 7 times which is almost impossible. He was widely regarded as one of the best dmen to ever play the game, has 4 Stanley cup rings, I don't think he cares if he had a couple extra meaningless trophies to put on his shelf, it's probably already collapsing under all that weight anyway

Guest Playmaker

For those bashing NBC, this show is actually an improvement over the CBC production that has been on for years. The only difference is it's held in Vegas now, instead of Toronto, and they try and infuse some American D List celebs instead of Canadian ones.

I find it ironic when the Wings win awards, they're totally deserved and meaningful. When other players win them, well of course, they play for a Bettman endorsed city or who cares, the award is stupid anyway.

Awards are subjective, outside of a few stat based ones, and it really doesn't matter to me who wins them.