• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Wings to have face to face with Matt Niskanen

Rate this topic

Once again, here's the actual source.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/06/red_wings_will_have_face-to-fa.html

Am I going to have to start locking and deleting threads to get people to actually provide a link to a source? It's not that difficult to copy and paste people.

And knock off the personal attacks and insults please. Good lord, it's the offseason people. Can we take it down a notch?

Guest DeGraa55

Agreed. That's what I was trying to express. Kenny offered Suter big money and term. It wasn't his fault that he signed in Minnesota.

It's really unfortunate that people here get the impression somehow that Holland doesn't actually give a s*** about this team.

Well his recent moves he had made and hasn't made support that....

Even if it you were just stating this as opinion you'd be way off base.

To state it as some sort of proven fact is just insane.

My friend, the onus is on you to be clear with your original statement. It isn't on us to ask you to clarify.

I would realy applaud Kenny if he gets this done...hell, I applaud him for going after him...

As long as he doesn't offer him one of those under paid "because we're Detroit" contracts. Holland needs to outbid the other GM's on this. Show us and his team that he means business and business is winning a Stanley Cup, not just making the playoffs. Give him 7 years $50M and a NTC.

I think perhaps what the issue with there being a biased opinion against KH is that we will probably never truly know what offers he makes, what trades he actually tries to make, and how close he has been in the past to signing guys (like Suter) to actually keep this team rolling along.

If Weiss was all KH could end up with last offseason, then he had to take him right? Because we'd just lost our 2C in Fil so that hole needed plugging.

Would I like KH to make 1 or 2 moves to bring in some better players to help compliment our lineup? Sure. But I think we're all a little too quick to judge when we don't see what we like, because at the end of the day there's 29 other teams out there who are trying to do the same thing.

Guest DeGraa55

Even if it you were just stating this as opinion you'd be way off base.

To state it as some sort of proven fact is just insane.

My friend, the onus is on you to be clear with your original statement. It isn't on us to ask you to clarify.

I'm pulling a Franzen.... Giving half effort at work and in my phone...

And it's an opinion not fact lol.... I feel the moves he has made were terrible from day one.... Look up thread. "Is anyone happy". Or something like that I started last year. I was against Alfie and Weiss from day one. And felt we would finish exactly where we did. Because Hollands decisions hurt us....before them we had Quincey colo tootoo Sammy etc etc

How bout this instead

Kh: Hey Matt haven't you wondered what playing on an original 6 dynasty would be like?

Mn: actually yes I have. You have a very storied and respected franchise.

Kh: yup and we have a lot of very young and very promising players coming up, you could be a part of something big here.

Mn: sign me up!

Uh, yeah, unfortunately just about every other original six team is light years better than us and at least a few would throw offers his way.

That sell won't work. Holland should just do what he does best and preach about our retirement package of promising to keep him in the lineup well into his 40's.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I would realy applaud Kenny if he gets this done...hell, I applaud him for going after him...

As long as he doesn't offer him one of those under paid "because we're Detroit" contracts. Holland needs to outbid the other GM's on this. Show us and his team that he means business and business is winning a Stanley Cup, not just making the playoffs. Give him 7 years $50M and a NTC.

7M per year for Niskanen as token gesture that one of the best GMs in the NHL means business. As in, he cares about winning?

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

Where do Backman, Ouellet, Sproul, and Marchenko fit in two years?

I'd much rather sign Gilbert - 2 year deal

Mark my words, if Gilbert signs in Detroit, he'll outscore Niskanen for the duration of his two year deal.

Guest DeGraa55

Uh, yeah, unfortunately just about every other original six team is light years better than us and at least a few would throw offers his way.

That sell won't work. Holland should just do what he does best and preach about our retirement package of promising to keep him in the lineup well into his 40's.

Who? Rangers Canadians bruins and maple leafs have cap issues and Chicago doesn't need him....so I ask who will?

Boston and Chicago can't afford him. Toronto isn't better than us, maybe Montreal would offer him something but who would want to play in that city, and nyr have to sign 4 forwards and one dman, they're first priority will probably be a forward.

Guest DeGraa55

7M per year for Niskanen as token gesture that one of the best GMs in the NHL means business. As in, he cares about winning?

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

Mark my words, if Gilbert signs in Detroit, he'll outscore Niskanen for the duration of his two year deal.

First if niskanen is signed I hope to god they break up the kronwall Ericsson pair. Ericsson would be our 5th defenseman IMO.

I'd like to see

Kronwall dekeyser/niskanen

Smith dekeyser/niskanen

Ericsson sproul/marchenko

Lashoff

Kindl dumped in a trade

IMO this is ideal because the rookie on third pairing has an awesome player to work with and Ericsson is good enough defensively that the rookie wouldnt flustered....so I hope.

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

I'd be quite happy if Gilbert signs and that's all we do on the back end. By all accounts he had an excellent season on Florida's top pairing that has largely gone unnoticed it seems, because everyone is too focused on Niskanen and Boyle.

Guest DeGraa55

What??? Rangers, Canadiens and Maple Leafs have more cap space then we do...

Huh?!??! Factor in players all ready signed...I think were ahead.

Us: 16.8m we have 11 forwards 5 defenseman after Tatar, Sheahan and dekeyser resigned we have a full roster with most likely 12m to spare is my guess. We should have more money left than these teams....

Rangers:23.7m. After buying out Richards and have several expensive players to resign and need a 2c also only have 6 forwards and 4 defenseman. 3forward rfas should get big money to. Also forward is bigger need than defense.

Canadiens: 19.6m. Have to resign subban. So maybe but I think they need scoring more?

Maple leafs: 22.3m have 7 forwards and 4 defenseman signed....so umm they need to sign lots of guys.

Edited by DeGraa55

Huh?!??! LOL

Us: 16.8m

Rangers:23.7m. After buying out Richards and have several expensive players to resign and need a 2c also only have 6 forwards and 4 defenseman. 3forward rfas should get big money to. Also forward is bigger need than defense.

Canadiens: 19.6m. Have to resign subban. So maybe but I think they need scoring more?

Maple leafs: 22.3m have 7 forwards and 4 defenseman signed....so umm they need to sign lots of guys.

Right...so none of those teams have "cap issues". Lots of space and bodies to work with.

The point is they all have the flexibility to sign a big FA or make a move or two.

Guest DeGraa55

Right...so none of those teams have "cap issues". Lots of space and bodies to work with.

The point is they all have the flexibility to sign a big FA or make a move or two.

But the rangers and Canadiens need scoring their D is fine. I think we be only original six team after him....if we are.

According to this we are so in favor of Niskanen that we are prepared to offer him a 7 year deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/red-wings-target-defenseman-matt-niskanen-062614

Two things can happen. We sign him to a long term deal and get stuck with him if he doesn't pan out

Or

He reaches his true potential and we get him for a good cap hit and don't have to worry about giving him a raise for 7 years.

According to this we are so in favor of Niskanen that we are prepared to offer him a 7 year deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/red-wings-target-defenseman-matt-niskanen-062614

Two things can happen. We sign him to a long term deal and get stuck with him if he doesn't pan out

Or

He reaches his true potential and we get him for a good cap hit and don't have to worry about giving him a raise for 7 years.

Yeah, 7 years @ 4M per. :lol: (I kid)

KH: "Hey Ryan, you should sign with us".

RS: "Why would I do that? My boyfried's girlfrien is from Minnesota."

KH: "We're prepared to offer you 13 years/90 M and check it out, our 88 year old owner got he ass on a plane to personallycome see you at you farm".

RS: "boyfriend!!!!"

KH: "s***. I better overpay for Mattf****** Niskanen now so the fan-boy wack jobs at LGWs think I'm a good GM"

You're trying to make it look like I said something I didn't. I never mentioned Ryan Suter. Or overpayment. Or any of the other things you've added to my post. I said I don't think Niskanen will leave his current team, for a worse team, for less money. If you want to talk about that, fine. If you want to make things up, I'm not sure what to do with you.

It would be cool if you could take it down since you're LITERALLY putting words in my mouth. I'd be more than happy to discuss the topic with you. But I'm not going to defend some imaginary thing you've LITERALLY invented and placed in a quote box with my name on it.

You're trying to make it look like I said something I didn't. I never mentioned Ryan Suter. Or overpayment. Or any of the other things you've added to my post. I said I don't think Niskanen will leave his current team, for a worse team, for less money. If you want to talk about that, fine. If you want to make things up, I'm not sure what to do with you.

It would be cool if you could take it down since you're LITERALLY putting words in my mouth. I'd be more than happy to discuss the topic with you. But I'm not going to defend some imaginary thing you've LITERALLY invented and placed in a quote box with my name on it.

Yeah, I'll remove it. My apologies.

I was merely pointing out that Holland doesn't always offer less than market value for UFAs. I thought that was pretty obvious.

While I do love most of our kid Dmen I think signing Niskanen would give us a lot of options when it comes to trading some of them to better our team.

Personally I would keep the righties (Marchenko and Sproul) and attempt to trade Bäckman and/or Ouellet in a package for someone like Kesler or E.Kane. OR to move up to the top of the draft and get ourselves a future #1C.

Tats+Helm+Ouellet for Kane/Kesler

Kronner-Dekeyser

Niskanen-Smith

Big E-Marchenko/Bäckman

That D is a TON better than last year. No Kindl, Lashoff or Quincey in the top 6.

I wouldn't want Niskanen for more than 5 million, 4.5 would be ideal. He'd be getting a 2 million dollar a year raise with a max 7 year contract. At 27 he could only get better. I really don't see this guy being a bust. Signing him would really improve the blue line. You have to do what you have to do at the moment to make your team better and he'd be a great fit.