• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Wings to have face to face with Matt Niskanen

Rate this topic

I've heard from a non quotable source, which is (very) close to Holland, apparently niskanen really wants to come here and we are very high on his list.

Also we won't get yandle, price is all of nyquist, Tatar, jurco and mantha + first.

Holland is probably going to give him 7 years $42 million. Just a heads up.

Niskanen that is

Jesus Christ. Wouldn't give that up for Weber, let alone yandle. Also, 7 years 42 million would be a fantastic contract for Niskanen.

Yep, he is apparently aggressively trying for 2 puck moving dmen (Myers or Boyle being the second), and a top six forward which he's currently really trying for iginla.

That would be huge to land those 3 pieces. Does make ya wonder who would be shipped off for Myers. I'd imagine Kindl would be moved as a salary dump.

Edit: Iginla could be paid mostly on bonuses, so he can be had for cheap. Maybe Holland will trade Mule and make soooo many haters eat crow? lol

Edited by marcaractac

Why would the 'Franzen haters' eat crow?

If Iggy were 5 years younger I'd take him, but now I'd rather see Tartar, and Nyquist get top 6 ice time to see what they can do...IMHO it's now, or never.

As for the Mule - given his inconsistencies - I'd just assume see him sent packing, but I doubt that'll happen.

The Holland haters would eat crow. The one guy people *wrongfully* whine about more than Franzen

To be brutally honest - the only thing Iggy could show any of the Red Wings is how to drop the gloves...Dats/Hank/Kronner all have more than their fair share of experience, and they got a Cup (2 for Dats).

He's not needed IMHO.

'Holland haters' would eat crow if we got Iggy?

Hmm - I can only speak for myself, but I'd be a bit pissed if he did...Some here such as Kipwinger rightfully pointed out that many of these older UFA's haven't done much for us.

Again - I'd much rather see the top 6 forwards include Tartar, and Nyquist, and any other youngster in our system.

I think he meant Holland haters would eat crow if he traded franzen

To be brutally honest - the only thing Iggy could show any of the Red Wings is how to drop the gloves...Dats/Hank/Kronner all have more than their fair share of experience, and they got a Cup (2 for Dats).

He's not needed IMHO.

'Holland haters' would eat crow if we got Iggy?

Hmm - I can only speak for myself, but I'd be a bit pissed if he did...Some here such as Kipwinger rightfully pointed out that many of these older UFA's haven't done much for us.

Again - I'd much rather see the top 6 forwards include Tartar, and Nyquist, and any other youngster in our system.

Dude, read my post. The eat crow thing was said once I mentioned the idea of Holland trading Mule.

But hey, if you wanna play all the kids and see first round exists for a few more seasons, be my guest.

I think he meant Holland haters would eat crow if he traded franzen

Exactly. Still not sure how that post could have been mistaken for signing Iggy or franzen haters having anything to do with the consumption of crow :lol:

I made a number of responses pertaining how we do not need Iginla (can throw Boyle into that mix), and we should play the kids instead of signing older UFA's, and Franzen will most likely stay a Red Wing.

Sorry - long night at work, and I didn't get much sleep yesterday.

I think yourself and kip discount players like Iginla and Boyle for all the wrong reasons (AGE, IT'S JUST A NUMBER) but I'm honestly warming up to the idea of not signing Niskanen or Boyle if the price isn't right. We have Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko, and Backman lurking in our prospect pool, literally all 4 just behind Mantha and Mrazek in rank. Would love to see a few of them come in and earn spots, which I think at least 2 of them are ready for.

You have to admit though, Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla would be a sick top line. Iginla puts up dang good numbers and plays dang hard without a lot of injuries for a vet.

Just wanted to wiggle in here again and say:

Niskanen to Minnesota

Boyle to St Louis/NYR

Gilbert to Detroit

I like Niskanen and Boyle, and I’d be thrilled if we got either one, but this is what I see actually happening.

You're probably right, but I'd need some more convincing on Gilbert. Short term would be fine with me as I see our young D-men stepping up soon.

Please let's cap the Kenny Holland retirement home program to one, being either Alfie or Iginila. I don't want to log jam the youngsters out any further. Especially with people also contemplating Cleary.

Really wishing we had somehow retained Hossa at this point.

Iginla would be a great add IMO, plays physical, hard and puts the puck in the net. Age isn't' a concern for him I don't think and he's still got good speed.

If you think about it this way, putting Iginla on the top line with D/Z and having a second unit of Gus/Weiss/Franzen, by keeping the kids together on the third line they grow as a unit, still get a decent amount of ice time, but it'll be ice time against non-top lines, meaning they might be able to dominate a bit more as they grow.

Personally, I don't see such an issue - Sheahan/Jurco/Tatar pretty much has everything you could want in a forward unit, so let's let them grow at the right pace?

@Euro_Twins, I usually agree with a lot you have to say on here, and I know you're a well respected member and all but I don't know if I really buy into your "non quotable source". And for the record, I'm not saying you're making it up, I just think the truth may have been stretched somewhere along the way, whether it was you or your source...

Anyway, as much as I want us to sign Niskanen, I just don't believe that we are all that close to getting him. I definitely don't believe we are in the mix for ALL of Niskanen and Boyle or Myers and Iginla and Alfredsson...

And I do believe that Yandle would cost us a lot but there is no way the Coyotes are asking for that package. Maybe a package of Nyquist, Tatar OR Jurco and Mantha and our 2015 first. I would still say no to that, but to say they're asking for ALL of those pieces is just ridiculous. Like marcaractac said, Weber isn't worth that package, let alone Yandle...

Believe me or not, care I do not. I just shared with you guys the info I have. And since I 've heard the same price for the last couple years, I'll assume that is their asking price and my source is right. And yes we are close to getting niskanen but there is also another team really close too, so it will come down to him. I don't know what team though

I've heard from a non quotable source, which is (very) close to Holland, apparently niskanen really wants to come here and we are very high on his list.

Also we won't get yandle, price is all of nyquist, Tatar, jurco and mantha + first.

Holland is probably going to give him 7 years $42 million. Just a heads up.

Niskanen that is

That is a HFboard proposal, not true at all. That package gets you way more then Yandle.

Let's break it down of how much we would be losing. Also note Yandle is not the best defensive player either.

Yandle - 53 points in 81GP

Tatar - 39 points in 72GP

Nyquist - 48 points in 57GP

Jurco - 15 points in 35GP

Mantha - good to elite potential (good a minimum)

1st rounder lol

uhh.. yea, no. I will take an entire line under 25 years old + 2 great prospects over Yandle anyday.

Edited by darkmanx

Yes, to me it would be very shocking. No player is worth that package in my opinion. The reason he hasn't been moved is because Phoenix (Arizona) do not necessarily want to trade him. Why would they? But like I said, a package of Mantha and one of Nyquist, Tatar OR Jurco along with our first round pick would be too steep for me and I think would be for Kenny as well. THAT is why he hasn't been traded... in my opinion.

if we get niskanen I believe already that would be a massive improvement on D I agree with a lot of ppl that I wouldn't want us to continue to shove most of our d prospects down especially marchenko id rather see him up as 7th than lashoff but in a perfect world we would drop lashoff and kindl and bring up march and Sproul

Kronwall Niskanen

Big E DD

Smith Marchenko

Sproul