• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Wings to have face to face with Matt Niskanen

Rate this topic

Yes, to me it would be very shocking. No player is worth that package in my opinion. The reason he hasn't been moved is because Phoenix (Arizona) do not necessarily want to trade him. Why would they? But like I said, a package of Mantha and one of Nyquist, Tatar OR Jurco along with our first round pick would be too steep for me and I think would be for Kenny as well. THAT is why he hasn't been traded... in my opinion.

That was my point.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The problem, I think, is if we do end up signing Niskanen, or now possibly Ehrhoff, what the **** do we do with Kindl? Stick him on the 3rd pairing? I doubt many GMs are going to want to eat his salary after the season he just had, but I maybe wrong. Could we trade him to Florida for a bag of pucks so they can get to the floor?

I think what might happen if he does stick around is that our 3rd D pairing will likely be a rotation of Kindl/Lashoff and whichever kid makes it from GR - most likely to be Ouellet. I think I'd rather have Ouellet and Sproul with Lashoff rotating in tbh

Guest Playmaker

I don't think an extra d-man is ever a problem. One of them is almost always injured.

The problem, I think, is if we do end up signing Niskanen, or now possibly Ehrhoff, what the **** do we do with Kindl? Stick him on the 3rd pairing? I doubt many GMs are going to want to eat his salary after the season he just had, but I maybe wrong. Could we trade him to Florida for a bag of pucks so they can get to the floor?

I think what might happen if he does stick around is that our 3rd D pairing will likely be a rotation of Kindl/Lashoff and whichever kid makes it from GR - most likely to be Ouellet. I think I'd rather have Ouellet and Sproul with Lashoff rotating in tbh

give him to buffalo for a bag of pucks. they are going to need some salary to get to the cap floor. Plus, kindl sucks so buffalo's plan of tanking for mcdavid should go on as planned. win win for both sides

give him to buffalo for a bag of pucks. they are going to need some salary to get to the cap floor. Plus, kindl sucks so buffalo's plan of tanking for mcdavid should go on as planned. win win for both sides

on the same page as me with the buffalo thing i think kindl needs to go to a team where he COULD be utilized in some degree instead of wasting his time here we don't need or want him

Just wanted to wiggle in here again and say:

Niskanen to Minnesota

Boyle to St Louis/NYR

Gilbert to Detroit

I like Niskanen and Boyle, and I’d be thrilled if we got either one, but this is what I see actually happening.

I see Gilbert coming here too. He's a guy who can play on the second pairing, move the puck, and is a right handed shot, and his contract should be reasonable and not be so high that if Smith passes him and pushing him to the third pairing people won't be panicky about how much we're paying a third pair D.

Ideally I'd like to see Kindl moved in a package for a better player and use Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Dekeyser, the new guy and Marchenko or Ouellet as the top 6 with Lashoff as a cheap young #7.

Edited by DickieDunn

Clearly some people don't want the info I have. So in the future I won't share it

I don't think it's that people don't want it, it's just that you knowing your source is legit only benefits you--the rest of us don't know this cat from Adam, and this is the internet. I'd expect the same reaction if it were me, or 55fan, or haroldsnepts, etc. it's fun to hear the rumors, so don't be offended if to the rest of us that's all they are.

I don't think it's that people don't want it, it's just that you knowing your source is legit only benefits you--the rest of us don't know this cat from Adam, and this is the internet. I'd expect the same reaction if it were me, or 55fan, or haroldsnepts, etc. it's fun to hear the rumors, so don't be offended if to the rest of us that's all they are.

for the record i believe everything that 55fan has and will ever say. On a separate note, did you know that Kronwall is the descendant of a god and his favorite animal is the guinea pig?

Kindl is as good as gone. There will be some team needing to reach the cap floor. The pairing of him and Lashoff has been brutal. No way both those 2 return. Lashoff sticking around as 6/7 is the most we will see from those two.

I agree with all that. Which is fine. Just some people are accusing me of lying, and others mocking me. All I've done is share information that was given to me with people who I thought would appreciate it. For those of you that do, thanks. For those that don't, you can use the ignore function if you like

Clearly some people don't want the info I have. So in the future I won't share it

I mostly lurk in the offseason, but I do enjoy hearing what you have to share. Don't let others get you down. BoS said it well. I understand you can't divulge your source, so I'm not going to take a shot at you and instead be grateful to hear it during a slow summer.

You are nowhere near the same camp as Eklund or hockeyinsiderr in terms of throwing mass quantities of BS, so I don't get the hostility from some. You have more than proved your worth as a contributor to this board.

I agree with all that. Which is fine. Just some people are accusing me of lying, and others mocking me. All I've done is share information that was given to me with people who I thought would appreciate it. For those of you that do, thanks. For those that don't, you can use the ignore function if you like

All things being equal, I really hope your source is correct. I wish I knew which teams he was most interested in at this point.

I mostly lurk in the offseason, but I do enjoy hearing what you have to share. Don't let others get you down. BoS said it well. I understand you can't divulge your source, so I'm not going to take a shot at you and instead be grateful to hear it during a slow summer.

You are nowhere near the same camp as Eklund or hockeyinsiderr in terms of throwing mass quantities of BS, so I don't get the hostility from some. You have more than proved your worth as a contributor to this board.

I agree with this. I happen to like hearing what he has to say, and I don't expect him to reveal his source. True or not, it makes me come read the forums in the off season because it makes me hopeful that we're picking someone up, so I appreciate that he posts it on here. I find it funny though that there are so many people on here that get butt hurt over it. For crying out loud people, you don't like it? don't trust it? then just skip over the post, he's not hurting anyone.

Edited by Jasper84

While I sympathize with Euro Twins, let's keep this on topic.

It would be amazing if we secured both Ehrhoff and Niskanen. I know we'll likely see Ericsson and Kronwall together, but I like the idea of Kronwall and Smith. They looked good together and I think it helps Smith develop better.

Kronwall-Smith

Ericsson-Niskanen/Ehrhoff

Dekeyser-Sproul/Oullett/Marchenko

That would be a very good defense.

It would be amazing if we secured both Ehrhoff and Niskanen. I know we'll likely see Ericsson and Kronwall together, but I like the idea of Kronwall and Smith. They looked good together and I think it helps Smith develop better.

Kronwall-Smith

I like the idea of

kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - niskanen

Ericsson - anyone but Quincey, kindl, lashoff

Kronwall-Smith

ya and take a lot of pressure off the forwards and help them focus on offense more

I think Niskanen should be the higher priority, and agree with your pairings. Ehrhoff would be an acceptable fallback. Keeping Smith with Kronwall will help him. DeKeyser just seems like a great fit to pair with Niskanen. Ericsson would be a good mentor on the third pair with a young guy like Oulette or Sproul. Lashoff I'm OK with as a number 7 for now as the other young D we have up and coming would benefit more with top pairing minutes in GR rather than riding the pine.