• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Wings to have face to face with Matt Niskanen

Rate this topic

I said between $6-7 and I was right. Everyone was saying no more than $5

Btw it was stated Holland was willing to give 7 years 42 million but they wouldn't give him the chance. The exact offer my "so called source" told me.

Actually I was wrong. The original report I saw said he signed a 7 year 42.5 million contract. But it was actually 40.25 do a little less than 6 per. But I was close.

Soooo, what you're saying is that Matt Niskanen didn't sign for 6 million dollars or more lol?

Soooo, what you're saying is that Matt Niskanen didn't sign for 6 million dollars or more lol?

That's exactly what I said. I was close but wrong. Although Holland was willing to pay him $6m but he wasn't interested.

That's exactly what I said. I was close but wrong. Although Holland was willing to pay him $6m but he wasn't interested.

Supposedly. Given how wrong each and every reporter was about each and every free agent I'm going to take reports about offers that were never made with a grain of salt. Keep in mind these are the same reporters that went on and on about the Wings being "in on" Boyle, Niskanen, Ehrhoff, etc. when not only were we not "in on" them, they were actively avoiding us.

But I don't want to single you out. Lots of people who get paid to report on hockey were saying Niskanen would make over 6 million too. Granted, these are the same people who said Christian Ehrhoff wanted 5 years, Dan Boyle wanted 5.5 million, and Thomas Vanek would easily make 7 million dollars a year.

Edited by kipwinger

Supposedly. Given how wrong each and every reporter was about each and every free agent I'm going to take reports about offers that were never made with a grain of salt. Keep in mind these are the same reporters that went on and on about the Wings being "in on" Boyle, Niskanen, Ehrhoff, etc. when not only were we not "in on" them, they were actively avoiding us.

But I don't want to single you out. Lots of people who get paid to report on hockey were saying Niskanen would make over 6 million too. Granted, these are the same people who said Christian Ehrhoff wanted 5 years, Dan Boyle wanted 5.5 million, and Thomas Vanek would easily make 7 million dollars a year.

Ya you're right. A lot of people got a lot wrong.

According to reporters the Wings are always in on someone, their offer is always "competitive" (although no details are shared), so like you I take it with a grain of salt.

As for Vanek I firmly believe the guy played himself out of a bigger and better contract with his playoff performance and the olympics.

btw. Niskanen at 5,75 will turn out to be a bargain very soon, the cap keeps rising and the guy had an unreal season.

Edited by frankgrimes

According to reporters the Wings are always in on someone, their offer is always "competitive" (although no details are shared), so like you I take it with a grain of salt.

As for Vanek I firmly believe the guy played himself out of a bigger and better contract with his playoff performance and the olympics.

btw. Niskanen at 5,75 will turn out to be a bargain very soon, the cap keeps rising and the guy had an unreal season.

Maybe unreal for him, but not when compared to other Dmen league wide

Details were shared. On all deals that the Wings were in on. They offered Boyle more money and more term than the Rangers. Just slightly less money, but same term for Niskanen. Were not given the opportunity to make a pitch to Ehrhoff. Did not want to give Stralman five years. It was all made pretty clear.