• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#21 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Holland sucks and he's lazy and he only likes to play golf and he hates the Red Wings, loves Dan Cleary and never offers fair market value to guys like Weiss, Suter, and Alfredsson.

In related news: I've enjoyed coming here since 2003 and it would be nice to get back to a place

where

every

single

thread

didn't

degenerate

within 3 seconds

into a Holland bash.

Edited by rick zombo, 26 June 2014 - 02:21 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'd be shocked if he signed with Detroit.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

KH:  "Hey Ryan, you should sign with us".
RS:  "Why would I do that?  My boyfried's girlfrien is from Minnesota."
KH:  "We're prepared to offer you 13 years/90 M and check it out, our 88 year old owner got he ass on a plane to personallycome see you at you farm".
RS:  "boyfriend!!!!"
KH: "s***. I better overpay for Mattf****** Niskanen now so the fan-boy wack jobs at LGWs think I'm a good GM"

I've said several times I only want him if he is cheap less then $5m. But I wouldn't mind having him on the team.

And the suter thing. Really? Holland did everything possible to get him here, he'll suter even promised him he was coming, not Holland's fault

#24 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Also look like he is sitting down with Boyle and a top 6 forward according to this.

http://mynhltraderumors.com

At least Kenny is getting off his ass and doing something

#25 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Also look like he is sitting down with Boyle and a top 6 forward according to this.

http://mynhltraderumors.com

At least Kenny is getting off his ass and doing something

Not that I'm trying to defend Kenny here, but this seems like the first year where we're really hearing which teams are talking with which players, specifically. You would always hear about how GM's had discussions with players, sometime after the free agency period. This new window before July 1st is pretty cool - must suck for GM's trying to retain UFA's, but great for every one else.

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

I've said several times I only want him if he is cheap less then $5m. But I wouldn't mind having him on the team.

And the suter thing. Really? Holland did everything possible to get him here, he'll suter even promised him he was coming, not Holland's fault

Agreed. That's what I was trying to express. Kenny offered Suter big money and term. It wasn't his fault that he signed in Minnesota.

It's really unfortunate that people here get the impression somehow that Holland doesn't actually give a s*** about this team.

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Once again, here's the actual source.

http://www.mlive.com...face-to-fa.html

Am I going to have to start locking and deleting threads to get people to actually provide a link to a source?  It's not that difficult to copy and paste people. 

And knock off the personal attacks and insults please.  Good lord, it's the offseason people.  Can we take it down a notch?

#28 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Agreed. That's what I was trying to express. Kenny offered Suter big money and term. It wasn't his fault that he signed in Minnesota.

It's really unfortunate that people here get the impression somehow that Holland doesn't actually give a s*** about this team.

Well his recent moves he had made and hasn't made support that.... 

#29 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

He did sign 2 of the biggest Free Agents available last off season.

#30 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Even if it you were just stating this as opinion you'd be way off base.

To state it as some sort of proven fact is just insane.

My friend, the onus is on you to be clear with your original statement. It isn't on us to ask you to clarify.

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

I would realy applaud Kenny if he gets this done...hell, I applaud him for going after him...

As long as he doesn't offer him one of those under paid "because we're Detroit" contracts.  Holland needs to outbid the other GM's on this. Show us and his team that he means business and business is winning a Stanley Cup, not just making the playoffs.  Give him 7 years $50M and a NTC.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#32 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

I think perhaps what the issue with there being a biased opinion against KH is that we will probably never truly know what offers he makes, what trades he actually tries to make, and how close he has been in the past to signing guys (like Suter) to actually keep this team rolling along. 

If Weiss was all KH could end up with last offseason, then he had to take him right? Because we'd just lost our 2C in Fil so that hole needed plugging. 

Would I like KH to make 1 or 2 moves to bring in some better players to help compliment our lineup? Sure. But I think we're all a little too quick to judge when we don't see what we like, because at the end of the day there's 29 other teams out there who are trying to do the same thing. 

temp 1

#33 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Even if it you were just stating this as opinion you'd be way off base.

To state it as some sort of proven fact is just insane.

My friend, the onus is on you to be clear with your original statement. It isn't on us to ask you to clarify.

I'm pulling a Franzen.... Giving half effort at work and in my phone...

And it's an opinion not fact lol.... I feel the moves he has made were terrible from day one.... Look up thread. "Is anyone happy". Or something like that I started last year. I was against Alfie and Weiss from day one. And felt we would finish exactly where we did. Because Hollands decisions hurt us....before them we had Quincey colo tootoo Sammy etc etc

#34 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

How bout this instead

Kh: Hey Matt haven't you wondered what playing on an original 6 dynasty would be like?

Mn: actually yes I have. You have a very storied and respected franchise.

Kh: yup and we have a lot of very young and very promising players coming up, you could be a part of something big here.

Mn: sign me up!

Uh, yeah, unfortunately just about every other original six team is light years better than us and at least a few would throw offers his way.

That sell won't work. Holland should just do what he does best and preach about our retirement package of promising to keep him in the lineup well into his 40's.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 26 June 2014 - 01:11 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#35 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

I would realy applaud Kenny if he gets this done...hell, I applaud him for going after him...

As long as he doesn't offer him one of those under paid "because we're Detroit" contracts.  Holland needs to outbid the other GM's on this. Show us and his team that he means business and business is winning a Stanley Cup, not just making the playoffs.  Give him 7 years $50M and a NTC.

7M per year for Niskanen as token gesture that one of the best GMs in the NHL means business. As in, he cares about winning?

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

Where do Backman, Ouellet, Sproul, and Marchenko fit in two years?

I'd much rather sign Gilbert - 2 year deal

Mark my words, if Gilbert signs in Detroit, he'll outscore Niskanen for the duration of his two year deal.

#36 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Uh, yeah, unfortunately just about every other original six team is light years better than us and at least a few would throw offers his way.

That sell won't work. Holland should just do what he does best and preach about our retirement package of promising to keep him in the lineup well into his 40's.

Who? Rangers Canadians bruins and maple leafs have cap issues and Chicago doesn't need him....so I ask who will?

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Boston and Chicago can't afford him. Toronto isn't better than us, maybe Montreal would offer him something but who would want to play in that city, and nyr have to sign 4 forwards and one dman, they're first priority will probably be a forward.

#38 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

Who? Rangers Canadians bruins and maple leafs have cap issues and Chicago doesn't need him....so I ask who will?

What???  Rangers, Canadiens and Maple Leafs have more cap space then we do...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#39 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

7M per year for Niskanen as token gesture that one of the best GMs in the NHL means business. As in, he cares about winning?

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Niskanen
Smith - Kindl
Lashoff

Mark my words, if Gilbert signs in Detroit, he'll outscore Niskanen for the duration of his two year deal.

First if niskanen is signed I hope to god they break up the kronwall Ericsson pair. Ericsson would be our 5th defenseman IMO.

I'd like to see

Kronwall dekeyser/niskanen
Smith dekeyser/niskanen
Ericsson sproul/marchenko
Lashoff

Kindl dumped in a trade

IMO this is ideal because the rookie on third pairing has an awesome player to work with and Ericsson is good enough defensively that the rookie wouldnt flustered....so I hope.

#40 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Let's say this happens:

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff

I'd be quite happy if Gilbert signs and that's all we do on the back end. By all accounts he had an excellent season on Florida's top pairing that has largely gone unnoticed it seems, because everyone is too focused on Niskanen and Boyle. 

temp 1