• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowhistle86

Kane and Toews both asking for $12M per year

Rate this topic

Seriously? I know the cap is increasing, but is this crazy to anyone else?

report-toews-kane-make-initial-asks-contract-extension

sorry, link doesn't appear to be working, but it was reported on CSNChicago.com and by McKenzie on Twitter.

wtf 12 mil? i thought the thread title meant 12 mil between the BOTH of them. the leagues top scorer makes less than 10 mil. wtf?!

9 mil seems right for kane, 8 or less for toews. how is chicago going to put a good team out if they resign both of them?

this is typical nhl these days... have a big playoffs and then everybody gets euphoric and pays 30% more than what the player is worth only to have that player decline when they get into the 5th+ year of the contract and then buy out time. rofl

Edited by themcityblues

I get that if you can make more money, then you should try and make more money, but they are complete morons if they are honestly asking for 12 million a season each. No matter the cap, this will handcuff their team and, in the end, make them less competitive than they can be. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I hope Chicago is foolish enough to give them what they're asking for.

I get that if you can make more money, then you should try and make more money, but they are complete morons if they are honestly asking for 12 million a season each. No matter the cap, this will handcuff their team and, in the end, make them less competitive than they can be. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I hope Chicago is foolish enough to give them what they're asking for.

Whats the alternative letting them walk and go back to penny pinching? The truth is both will get their money it's either from the Hawks or someone else. Save for Crosby, Stamkos there is not one player I would taker over Toews guy just has the intangibles. Kane on the other hand to me is not worth that much but the market dictates the prices.

Like I said both would get maximum terms from their hometown teams so their asking offer is already 2 million underpaid I don't think they are going to go even more down maybe 11 but even that might be pushing it

Whats the alternative letting them walk and go back to penny pinching? The truth is both will get their money it's either from the Hawks or someone else. Save for Crosby, Stamkos there is not one player I would taker over Toews guy just has the intangibles. Kane on the other hand to me is not worth that much but the market dictates the prices.Like I said both would get maximum terms from their hometown teams so their asking offer is already 2 million underpaid I don't think they are going to go even more down maybe 11 but even that might be pushing it

You think they would get $14 million... That's a bit high, don't Ya think

Whats the alternative letting them walk and go back to penny pinching? The truth is both will get their money it's either from the Hawks or someone else. Save for Crosby, Stamkos there is not one player I would taker over Toews guy just has the intangibles. Kane on the other hand to me is not worth that much but the market dictates the prices. Like I said both would get maximum terms from their hometown teams so their asking offer is already 2 million underpaid I don't think they are going to go even more down maybe 11 but even that might be pushing it

The alternative is them, as "team" players, not handcuffing their team and not asking for a ludicrous amount of money. It's not about the Hawks, of course they won't let them walk, but the onus lies with the player and agent.

Whats the alternative letting them walk and go back to penny pinching? The truth is both will get their money it's either from the Hawks or someone else. Save for Crosby, Stamkos there is not one player I would taker over Toews guy just has the intangibles. Kane on the other hand to me is not worth that much but the market dictates the prices.Like I said both would get maximum terms from their hometown teams so their asking offer is already 2 million underpaid I don't think they are going to go even more down maybe 11 but even that might be pushing it

You think they would get $14 million... That's a bit high, don't Ya think

Yep I really think so the Sabres aren't going to be even close to the cap so paying Kane 14 per is almost nothing for them especially since Pegula completed another 1 billion sale.

Winnipeg could trade the cancer that is Kane and replace him with hometown hero Toews and their jersey sales explode.

Got I wish I were as talented as these guys so much money so young

Mind you, this is the starting point made by their agents, not anything close to what will be agreed upon. Teams low ball, agents high ball. I'm guessing the teams first offer was something like 7 per, knowing it was was way low, just like the agents knew 12 was way high. they'll likely meet in the middle between 8 and 10.