• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

NHL Draft 2014: First Round

Rate this topic

I think the first round of the 2014 draft will be one of the most exciting in years. Will the first overall pick be traded? Will Detroit keep their 15th overall pick or use it to get a top 4 defenseman or top 6 forward? There is a lot of lead up to this years draft and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

I hope the Wings use this pick to lure a player from another team. It's a weak enough draft that I'm not as torn as usual for trading it way.

Can't wait till 7pm ET!

Yeah, I see him trading down. Someone they like is going to slide down the chart given how bunched together everyone is after the top five or six picks. I called Kempe a few months ago, and I'm sticking with it. They'll trade back two or three spots, still get their man, and get a 2nd to replace the one lost in the Legwand clusterf***.

Edit: Larkin wouldn't be a bad pick either, and he's a center (Tyler Wright seemed to indicate this would matter). But I'm sticking with Kempe.

Edited by kipwinger

Yeah, I see him trading down. Someone they like is going to slide down the chart given how bunched together everyone is after the top five or six picks. I called Kempe a few months ago, and I'm sticking with it. They'll trade back two or three spots, still get their man, and get a 2nd to replace the one lost in the Legwand clusterf***.

Edit: Larkin wouldn't be a bad pick either, and he's a center (Tyler Wright seemed to indicate this would matter). But I'm sticking with Kempe.

Agreed. Holland is going to do what he can to get that 2nd rounder back.

Ritchie, Tuch, Perlini, Larkin one of those 4 pls stay the hell away from guys like Ehlers, Barbashev. If they pick him might as well throw the pick away because he will go to the khl if things arent going his way Also enough with the small soft euros need some hometown boys and size and grit

The last two first rounders were Sheahan and Mantha. Combine that with the fact that Nastasiuk and Bertuzzi were taken in round 2 and it seems less likely that you'll have anything to complain about on the "small soft euro" front.

Just look at what Wright has to say:

"We're confident we're going to get a good player at 15," Wright said. "Whether it's a forward or defenseman, we'll take the best player available."

"I think the center position is a major piece of a building block in a lot of organizations," Wright said. "You can never have enough centers."

"We'd like maybe a right-handed shot on the back end – size, speed through the middle of the ice," Wright said. "You can never have enough puck-moving D and scoring wingers.

"Passports are really irrelevant," Wright said. "We have to be visionaries. We have to start projecting who's going to be the best player 4-5 years down the road. The Red Wings have done a tremendous job developing players once you get them in the system. We just got to get good players. We want passionate, hard-working players who won't stop at anything to get into the National Hockey League. Passion and character are big to me."

All signs point to a big, mobile, hard working center.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-afternoon-news-khan-speaks-with-tyler-wright-on-niskanen-iginla-a

Agreed. Holland is going to do what he can to get that 2nd rounder back.

The last two first rounders were Sheahan and Mantha. Combine that with the fact that Nastasiuk and Bertuzzi were taken in round 2 and it seems less likely that you'll have anything to complain about on the "small soft euro" front.

Just look at what Wright has to say:

All signs point to a big, mobile, hard working center.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-afternoon-news-khan-speaks-with-tyler-wright-on-niskanen-iginla-a

Wow music to my ears man let us all hope Ritchie falls out of the top 10 so we can get this guy.

As for you have to be Canadian, just google for Canadian proxies and you should be good to go.

Whos the second best defender after Ebklad ? Looks like the draft is very forward heavy

I think Haydn Fleury is the number two D-Man in the draft, with DeAngelo, and Honka close behind. Fleury is 6'3" and 205 pounds, the latter two are under 6'. Edited by RedFlag85

I think Haydn Fleury is the number two D-Man in the draft, with DeAngelo, and Honka close behind. Fleury is 6'3" and 205 pounds, the latter two are under 6'.

DeAngelo is the guy that was suspended a couple of times for making racist comments to his own teammate. I think he'll fall pretty far in the draft because of that.

so anyone have a live stream?

nhl.com