• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

NHL Draft 2014: First Round

Rate this topic

Neal for Hornqvist and Smalling. We could have done Tatar and Abdelkader and beat that in my opinion.

I'm guessing the Pens want a better net front presence in their top six. Hornqvist is a lot like Holmstrom in that regard, and he could probably be a consistent 25+ goal scorer with the talent he'll be playing with. Their power play remains lethal.

Edited by Dabura

I really wonder how come other teams seem to get away with the cheapest trades ever and we can't do anything without giving up half our team :P

I assume you're talking about the Legwand trade, since we haven't been trade raped recently other than that one. The reason we got hammered is because we were negotiating from a position of weakness and Poile knew it.

I assume you're talking about the Legwand trade, since we haven't been trade raped recently other than that one. The reason we got hammered is because we were negotiating from a position of weakness and Poile knew it.

Well that and every time we make an offer the other team asks for way more than we want to part with.

I have never seen us be offered something like this which is actually reasonable.

But then again the wings make less trades by a wide margin than any other team in the league.

I really wonder how come other teams seem to get away with the cheapest trades ever and we can't do anything without giving up half our team :P

To be honest, we don't have a Neal or a Hornqvist, i.e. proven top-six goal-scorers in their prime years and on agreeable contracts. We've got our aging core (all untouchables) and some promising young talent.

Well that and every time we make an offer the other team asks for way more than we want to part with.

I have never seen us be offered something like this which is actually reasonable.

But then again the wings make less trades by a wide margin than any other team in the league.

Not a single person reported accurately either the Kesler trade or the Neal trade until it was announced officially. I have no faith that any of the reported asking prices that we've supposedly been dealing with over the years was accurate as well.

Not that you're saying so, but there is not league wide conspiracy to ask more from the Red Wings. Likely the reason we don't trade much is because everyone knows that Holland hangs on to people he drafted AND our prospects are never highly thought of because they're always later round guys.

If we had a spare Patrick Hornqvist lying around, I'm sure we could have had Neal too. We just never do. And if we did, Holland wouldn't EVER consider trading him.