• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Kesler traded to Anaheim

Rate this topic

Why does it always seem like teams get steals when it comes to trades and we're always getting f***ed? I don't care for Kesler anyway and glad he stayed in the Western Conference.

Why does it always seem like teams get steals when it comes to trades and we're always getting f***ed? I don't care for Kesler anyway and glad he stayed in the Western Conference.

Well, for starters, Kesler only wanted to go to Anaheim or Chicago.

Vancouver took what they could get for him under the circumstances.

So part of it is that none of these guys ultimately want to play in Detroit. As painful as i may sound, would you rather live in Detroit playing for a bubble team or live in Anaheim, playing for a contender?

So part of it is that none of these guys ultimately want to play in Detroit. As painful as i may sound, would you rather live in Detroit playing for a bubble team or live in Anaheim, playing for a contender?

I completely agree. Living in California myself, Anaheim is really a top notch place to live. Still interesting they opted to trade him within their division.

None of the players do actually live downtown do they? Most of them live out in the suburbs, as far as I could tell. Still, we'll never know I guess unless Kesler comes out and says he didn't want to go to Detroit.

Guest Playmaker

I wonder if the fans in Boston, LA, St. Louis, San Jose, New York, Pittsburgh, etc. are lamenting the fact that they were shunned by the legendary Ryan Kesler?

Since Kesler is from the Detroit area, I'm relatively sure he knows what the city and suburbs are all about.

Sheesh, some Wings fans sure have a massive inferiority complex.

None of the players do actually live downtown do they? Most of them live out in the suburbs, as far as I could tell. Still, we'll never know I guess unless Kesler comes out and says he didn't want to go to Detroit

He told the Canuucks that he'd only accept a trade to Anaheim and Chicago. Or at least that's what reliable media sources like MacKenzie and Dreger believed to be the case.

So that's basically the same thing no?

I wonder if the fans in Boston, LA, St. Louis, San Jose, New York, Pittsburgh, etc. are lamenting the fact that they were shunned by the legendary Ryan Kesler?

Since Kesler is from the Detroit area, I'm relatively sure he knows what the city and suburbs are all about.

Sheesh, some Wings fans sure have a massive inferiority complex.

Meh. Who cares anyway, it's not like we were going to get him and just because he shunned us doesn't make a difference. He can go and join the *****bag Perry and they can be bum chums together.

He told the Canuucks that he'd only accept a trade to Anaheim and Chicago. Or at least that's what reliable media sources like MacKenzie and Dreger believed to be the case.

So that's basically the same thing no?

Probably, but at the end of the day its still a rumour. Might have been leaked by someone from Canucks management to generate a bidding war between the Hawks and Ducks?

Guest Playmaker

Meh. Who cares anyway, it's not like we were going to get him and just because he shunned us doesn't make a difference. He can go and join the *****bag Perry and they can be bum chums together.

I agree, didn't want him anyway. I don't know why so many fans are so offended every time a player doesn't include Detroit on a list of teams to go to. I wondered if it was exclusively a Detroit thing or if other fans of other teams get offended by it.

I agree, didn't want him anyway. I don't know why so many fans are so offended every time a player doesn't include Detroit on a list of teams to go to. I wondered if it was exclusively a Detroit thing or if other fans of other teams get offended by it.

For fans that grew up watching a team like the one in 2002 assemble itself, it's safe to say that we're just spoiled.

It used to be fun being a Wings fan on July 1st and at the trade deadline, until the southern team's owners and their little bald gremlin minion got together and ruined it :lol:

Edited by rick zombo

I completely agree. Living in California myself, Anaheim is really a top notch place to live. Still interesting they opted to trade him within their division.

Oddly enough I read an article not too long ago that stated Anaheim is one of the worst places to live. I don't remember why though, probably because all they have going for them is Disney. This is, of course, me talking about a place I don't live based on an article I read so take that for what you will. I have been there though, to Disney.

Guest Playmaker

For fans that grew up watching a team like the one in 2002 assemble itself, it's safe to say that we're just spoiled.

It used to be fun being a Wings fan on July 1st and at the trade deadline, until the southern team's owners and their little bald gremlin minion got together and ruined it :lol:

Okay, one year we signed two decent free agents at the end of their careers in Hull and Robitaille when there was no salary cap. Hossa was an abberation because he signed for one year trying to win a Cup and kind of stick it to the Pens. Outside of them, who were all these big name free agents we signed year after year every July 1?

Oddly enough I read an article not too long ago that stated Anaheim is one of the worst places to live. I don't remember why though, probably because all they have going for them is Disney. This is, of course, me talking about a place I don't live based on an article I read so take that for what you will. I have been there though, to Disney.

No matter how nice parts of the state may be, California is going broke and businesses are fleeing. It's an interesting experiment in our republic.

I guess if you hate really nice neighborhoods, schools, awesome beaches, and yearly 70 degree temperatures then yea it would suck to live in Anaheim.

I saw plenty of coverage that reported the list Kesler originally gave Gillis during the season had 6 teams on it: Anaheim, Chicago, Colorado, Detroit, Pittsburgh, & Tampa Bay. From everything I've seen, the "only Anaheim or Chicago" scenarios came into play because those were the only two teams still in discussions with Benning.