• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

I always find the reactions to draft picks amusing because, come on, none of us knows anything at this point. In 2-3 years we'll start seeing who made good selections or not this draft. 

That said this seems like a solid pick, filling our need for a good center prospect. Sounds like he is a "safe" pick and I'm fine with that, in our development program he should have a very good opportunity to reach his potential. 

#22 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

All scouting reports about Larkin remind me of another phenom we got in the first round - Cory Emmerton.

Edited by RusDRW, 28 June 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#23 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

All scouting reports about Larkin remind me of another phenom we got in the first round - Cory Emmerton.

Emmerton was a 2nd round pick…..

temp 1

#24 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Welcome to the Wings Dylan.

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Actually no, quite different. There's no need to criticize everything. It's like when you hate a kid in grade 7 and he's eating a sandwich and even that pisses you off. "Look at that ******* eating that sandwich. Who does he think he is the president?"

#26 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

If Larkin is anything like Helm with better hands then I'm all for it. Red Wings need to add more speed to be a threat.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#27 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

I love people pretending they know what this kid will become. I put my trust in Holland and the scouts rather then a couple posters who think he is Ferraro or Emmerton :lol:

Reading the scouting reports this kid could be exactly what we need, also a comparison to Kesler / Bergeron from TSN Bob McKenzie is good enough for me.

Edited by darkmanx, 28 June 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#28 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Welcome to the Red Wings organization, Dylan!  I cannot even imagine how thrilled this young man must be right now. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#29 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

I love people pretending they know what this kid will become. I put my trust in Holland and the scouts rather then a couple posters who think he is Ferraro or Emmerton :lol:

Reading the scouting reports this kid could be exactly what we need, also a comparison to Kesler / Bergeron from TSN Bob McKenzie is good enough for me.

Except that I trusted Holland and the scouts that Ferraro and Emmerton wouldn't be Ferraro and Emmerton!

#30 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Except that I trusted Holland and the scouts that Ferraro and Emmerton wouldn't be Ferraro and Emmerton!

But not every prospect turns out to be what people say there are going to be. Potential and the ability to fully realise it are two completely different things. It is frustrating when it doesn't happen though.

temp 1

#31 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

But not every prospect turns out to be what people say there are going to be. Potential and the ability to fully realise it are two completely different things. It is frustrating when it doesn't happen though.

Even the top of the top organisations and GMs  can't predict how a pick turns out, you can just hope for the best and from everything I've read about him this is great pick he is also from Michigan. I was so hoping for a forward version of Dekeyser and we got it that's just great.I'm sure he will get enough development time and once he comes up be an absolute 220+ beast. With Mantha, McKee, Sproul, Dekeyser (will bulk up more for sure) and now Larkin size will soon to be there and hopefully a more heavy game too.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#32 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

From the way fans were talking him up on HFboards, makes me pretty psyched for this pick.  Fans whose teams were picking around 8-10 seemed to really like him.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#33 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Yeah it was a joke. I actually think the Emmerton pick was a good one at the time.

#34 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Yah!! This kid has all sorts of scouts and professionals saying he's going to be an excellent player, and if history has taught me anything, it's that good scouting repots equal bad players! We should have taken the kid who all the scouts say suck. That's gonna be the next Stamkos.

#35 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Not every pick works out. Suck it up. Did you believe in nyquist, Tatar, jurco, sheahan or any other prospect?

#36 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Not every pick works out. Suck it up. Did you believe in nyquist, Tatar, jurco, sheahan or any other prospect?

I guess my joke got completely lost. I think we're one of the best drafting teams in the league. But it is a crapshoot sometimes.

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

It's always a crapshoot lop

#38 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I guess my joke got completely lost. I think we're one of the best drafting teams in the league. But it is a crapshoot sometimes.

My bad. Didn't realise you were joking. Pretty hard to tell these days with the amount of negative comments being floated about by the Holland bashers and the Franzen haters. 

temp 1

#39 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

My bad. Didn't realise you were joking. Pretty hard to tell these days with the amount of negative comments being floated about by the Holland bashers and the Franzen haters. 

No worries, I'm not particularly well versed in internet communication anyway.

#40 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Getting the death stare from Babcock.

tumblr_n7uwnjbHxv1qzx8cgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n7uwnjbHxv1qzx8cgo2_500.jpg