• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsPlug

Dylan Larkin - Highest draft pick since 1991

Rate this topic

I love people pretending they know what this kid will become. I put my trust in Holland and the scouts rather then a couple posters who think he is Ferraro or Emmerton :lol:

Reading the scouting reports this kid could be exactly what we need, also a comparison to Kesler / Bergeron from TSN Bob McKenzie is good enough for me.

Edited by darkmanx

I love people pretending they know what this kid will become. I put my trust in Holland and the scouts rather then a couple posters who think he is Ferraro or Emmerton :lol:

Reading the scouting reports this kid could be exactly what we need, also a comparison to Kesler / Bergeron from TSN Bob McKenzie is good enough for me.

Except that I trusted Holland and the scouts that Ferraro and Emmerton wouldn't be Ferraro and Emmerton!

Except that I trusted Holland and the scouts that Ferraro and Emmerton wouldn't be Ferraro and Emmerton!

But not every prospect turns out to be what people say there are going to be. Potential and the ability to fully realise it are two completely different things. It is frustrating when it doesn't happen though.

But not every prospect turns out to be what people say there are going to be. Potential and the ability to fully realise it are two completely different things. It is frustrating when it doesn't happen though.

Even the top of the top organisations and GMs can't predict how a pick turns out, you can just hope for the best and from everything I've read about him this is great pick he is also from Michigan. I was so hoping for a forward version of Dekeyser and we got it that's just great.I'm sure he will get enough development time and once he comes up be an absolute 220+ beast. With Mantha, McKee, Sproul, Dekeyser (will bulk up more for sure) and now Larkin size will soon to be there and hopefully a more heavy game too.

Yeah it was a joke. I actually think the Emmerton pick was a good one at the time.

All scouting reports about Larkin remind me of another phenom we got in the first round - Cory Emmerton.

Yah!! This kid has all sorts of scouts and professionals saying he's going to be an excellent player, and if history has taught me anything, it's that good scouting repots equal bad players! We should have taken the kid who all the scouts say suck. That's gonna be the next Stamkos.

Not every pick works out. Suck it up. Did you believe in nyquist, Tatar, jurco, sheahan or any other prospect?

I guess my joke got completely lost. I think we're one of the best drafting teams in the league. But it is a crapshoot sometimes.

I guess my joke got completely lost. I think we're one of the best drafting teams in the league. But it is a crapshoot sometimes.

My bad. Didn't realise you were joking. Pretty hard to tell these days with the amount of negative comments being floated about by the Holland bashers and the Franzen haters.

My bad. Didn't realise you were joking. Pretty hard to tell these days with the amount of negative comments being floated about by the Holland bashers and the Franzen haters.

No worries, I'm not particularly well versed in internet communication anyway.

Boy, I start to feel like an old man when I see the faces of some of these players getting drafted. I remember when I used to watch hockey and be younger than all the players I was watching. :unhappy:

Same here but that Ekblad kid already looks like an 30 old and is built like it. Man the guy will be a monster soon

Larkin needs to bulk up and grow up more.

This will happen in the AHL and our system is proving to work out. We just need to keep drafting smart because us being a heavy contender starts in the draft.

I'm extremely excited to see how he performs in the development camp coming up.

Our prospects are looking dangerous. We need to monitor them closely. I'm also suggesting a trade of one of our young guns.

Where is Weiss???????? So frustrated at his season with the new contract. Grrrrrd

Go Wings Go!

This will happen in the AHL and our system is proving to work out. We just need to keep drafting smart because us being a heavy contender starts in the draft.

Our prospects are looking dangerous. We need to monitor them closely. I'm also suggesting a trade of one of our young guns.

Where is Weiss???????? So frustrated at his season with the new contract. Grrrrrd

Go Wings Go!

Don't worry. Weiss will turn it around. And if he doesn't, well I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

Go Wings Go!

Larkin is going to play college hockey at Michigan. And unless he's the next Kariya or Toews, expect him to play at least a couple of years there before turning pro.

Larkin is going to play college hockey at Michigan. And unless he's the next Kariya or Toews, expect him to play at least a couple of years there before turning pro.

Yea we're probably looking at 2 years at least under Red's wing (no pun intended). BUt that will only be a good thing for him and for us

Yea we're probably looking at 2 years at least under Red's wing (no pun intended). BUt that will only be a good thing for him and for us

You should check out Dean Lombardi's thoughts on Red Berensen in his interview about Jack Johnson. I've got a lot of respect for Lombardi (obviously), and I'm not at all sure that "learning" under Red really does give these kids a leg up.