• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

NHL Draft 2014: Rounds 2-7 **MOD WARNING POST 51**

Rate this topic

Most teams don't get better by trading in the draft. That's what free agency is for. I don't know anything about these kids Holland drafted but they replenish our center prospects. Holland can't magically make this a better draft, and everyone seems pretty high on Larkin. Draft day is the worst day to complain, because no one has any idea how these kids will pan out in 5 years. But drafting three centers helps increase the chances that one of them turns out to be good.

The only other thing I'd like to see this draft is for Kindl and Andersson to be traded so we can draft 4 guys in the 7th round :w00t:

I'd like to see that too, but I imagine most teams have players internally they want to evaluate and they know the Wings (and other teams) will have to put players through waivers. There doesn't seem to be a big market for non-veteran players, especially those that aren't 'gritty'.

Overall I'm happy with this years draft, just by the initial scouting reports and bios of these guys. I do wish we had taken a couple right handed shooters, but it is what it is.. I hope a few of them turn out to be steals in the later rounds.