• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

those 3 haver career highs of 19, 23, and 15 points.

but yeah, who needs a defensman who has put up 50 points, can run an effective PP and log lots of tough minutes, right?

are you for real?

i mean really?

Smith and Dekeyser are still improving.  Give Ehrhoff Smith's 18:23 TOI a game and no PP time instead of almost 24 minutes and 3:27 of PP time how many points does he score?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#82 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Funny how some fans  are worried about Buffalos capfloor now, two words: Patrick-Kane Maximum...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#83 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Funny how some fans  are worried about Buffalos capfloor now, two words: Patrick-Kane Maximum...

I was thinking the same
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#84 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

except Kane isn't a free agent until after next season. Doesn't really help buffalo's floor for the upcoming season

#85 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Helene st James saying the wings don't need erhoff. Sorry but she is dead wrong on that one

http://www.freep.com...RTS05/306290125

She seems to feel Ehrhoff isn't very good in his own end of the ice - something I myself have no clue since I don't pay attention to the Sabres...Personally I feel we need someone decent in our own end.

Surprised to see she didn't mention Tom Gilbert - another righty - although she did bring up both Boyle, and Jovo (which scares me).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#86 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Not sure how the cab drivers in Buffalo would feel about that..............considering it happened there.   :lol:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#87 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Not sure how the cab drivers in Buffalo would feel about that..............considering it happened there.   :lol:

With almost 100 mill cash he can buy a limo and sleep in there while they are driving him home -gg-

kftx.jpg

#88 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

I don't really know... Ehrhoff might be a great player... just saying that when I've seen him he seemed pretty mediocre. He never stood out to me like the other good defensemen in the league. Maybe he really isn't great in his zone. Just haven't watched him enough. Plus he's a lefty. Overall I'm not feeling too hot about him.

Edited by themcityblues, 29 June 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#89 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

playing in front of family...I can see it

#90 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Funny how some fans  are worried about Buffalos capfloor now, two words: Patrick-Kane Maximum... playing in front of family...I can see it

There's no way Kane ever leaves Chicago. Not until he is 38. He's central to their core.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#91 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

I do find it interesting that other teams are willing to git rid of their mistakes, and we keep ours. Erhoff is a better Dman than Franzen is a forward. Younger as well. But they realized the risks and made the move. Yet we sit with the Johan........

#92 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

There's no way Kane ever leaves Chicago. Not until he is 38. He's central to their core. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Frankly more often than not I agree with you, but In this case I have to respectfully disagree for a few reasons:

Don't ever underestimate Buffalo and their new moneyloaded hockeycrazy owner - god knows they deserve it - their tank is going well (Bennet, Ristolainen, McDavid/Eichel, Myers...) that's a damn good core to build for the future. There is no way in hell the Hawks are paying both their superstars maximum add to up and you have:

98 !! (7x14) in the bank + playing in front of your family + eichel/mcdavid as your center

versus around 84 million on a contender (for now) but you've already won two Stanley Cups

To me the decision would be fairly easy and I'd choose option 1

kftx.jpg

#93 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

I guess I just don't underestimate Bowman anymore. Every year we think there will be cap trouble, and they respond by letting low or mid tier players go and replace them with cheaper guys. Kane and Toews asked for 12 with no intention of getting 12. They are just raising the ceiling for superstars. They'll get around 10. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Also, I disagree that Buffalo has a strong core. Myers isn't that good and he's on the block. They have some good draft picks but that hasn't helped Edmonton, so I don't hold out hope for that strategy. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#94 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I guess I just don't underestimate Bowman anymore. Every year we think there will be cap trouble, and they respond by letting low or mid tier players go and replace them with cheaper guys. Kane and Toews asked for 12 with no intention of getting 12. They are just raising the ceiling for superstars. They'll get around 10. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Also, I disagree that Buffalo has a strong core. Myers isn't that good and he's on the block. They have some good draft picks but that hasn't helped Edmonton, so I don't hold out hope for that strategy. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Well if it where Stan Bowman yes but Scott? I don't think he is the genius his dad was but yeah it's impressive how they are able to find cheap talent and replace some of their "lower" players. Yeah I think they are going to get around 11 each which is - all things considered - still a discount as crazy as it sounds.

Anyway can't wait to see to see Red Bird III landing in Buffalo :-)

kftx.jpg