• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

FLA to Buyout Jovanovski

Rate this topic

I think this was the only guy to ever publicly come out and bash the Wings organization after we tried to sign him.

Something like, "those guys need to learn people aren't gonna take discounts to sign with them".

I think this was the only guy to ever publicly come out and bash the Wings organization after we tried to sign him.

Something like, "those guys need to learn people aren't gonna take discounts to sign with them".

Yup. I hope he enjoyed the extra 500,000k/year or whatever to play with Pheonix and Florida. Now he gets to retire a broken down vet that’s never won anything when he could have come to Detroit in 2006 and contended for a cup or two.

Not to sound too hash.

I get terrified when I see news like this. There's so many reasons why it just absolutely shouldn't happen, and even more given that we've gone after Jovanovski before and it didn't end so well. But I just get terrified that I'll read a headline on July 3rd, "Jovanovski signs 2 year deal with Detroit." It's sad that it feels like it wouldn't be so shocking at this point.

michaelscott.jpg

Yup. I hope he enjoyed the extra 500,000k/year or whatever to play with Pheonix and Florida. Now he gets to retire a broken down vet that’s never won anything when he could have come to Detroit in 2006 and contended for a cup or two.

Not to sound too hash.

Jovanovski said that in 2011 just before signing with Florida. We haven't made it past the second round in that time. He wouldn't have been competing for a cup either way.

it was wiz that said it

After James Wisniewski signed a six-year deal worth $5.5 million a season, the Canton native turned around and took a shot at the Wings.

Wisniewski told NHL Live, “For me, knowing Detroit’s history they don’t really pay the market value for a defenseman or any player. So I didn’t think that was going to be a fit for myself.”

Wings general manager Ken Holland said he didn’t see the quote and then added, “I take that as a real compliment. That’s a tremendous compliment. For us to accomplish what we we’ve accomplished and we don’t pay market value that’s a compliment.”

https://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/market-value/

Jovanovski said that in 2011 just before signing with Florida. We haven't made it past the second round in that time. He wouldn't have been competing for a cup either way.

Yeah, well if that’s the case then you’re right.

I still like hockey more when coaches, GMs, and especially players, yap less to the media.