• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Ehrhoff or Niskanen

Rate this topic

Erhoff or Niskanen  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok this is intriguing me i want to know what the majority of my fellow forum members think is the better option because both are getting a lot of attention so to settle it if we do land one of them which one do you guys want? both are pretty good D man who have the potential to turn our d unit around

Edited by sjr2012

Guest DeGraa55

Niskanen.

Not that I don't erhoff. But I've been on the side of forward needs upgrade over defense. But if we get a D it needs to be a righty.

Edited by DeGraa55

Erhoff would be a great pickup if Niskanen goes elsewhere. But I think Niskanen has to be the #1 target Tuesday. Young, righty, coming into his prime. He'd become part of the core for this team for many years to come, where I feel Erhoff would be a stop gap for a few years then start to decline.

I think you should make this a four or five way poll and add in Dan Boyle, Tom Gilbert, Stephane Robidas, etc. That might be more illuminating. As it is, I had to pick between two guys who are better than every other defenseman on our team aside from Kronwall.

Edited by kipwinger

I'd be fine and complelty relieved with either guy.

But I'm not holding my breath. I still think Nisksnen goes to Minnesota and even though Philly are -200,000k in cap space, I think they'll go hard after Erhoff and worry about the cap later because that's how they roll.

I'd be fine and complelty relieved with either guy.

But I'm not holding my breath. I still think Nisksnen goes to Minnesota and even though Philly are -200,000k in cap space, I think they'll go hard after Erhoff and worry about the cap later because that's how they roll.

They can put him into the AHL and voila capspace Snyder cleary has enough cash.

Niskanen and its really isn't close. As just a player on the ice they are fairly close. But when you add in age and handedness (is that a word?) it tilts towards Niskanen. he is the type of player we need for the next 7+ years.

Ehrhoff is .45 pts per game

Niskanen is .35 pts per game (that said having a career year last season with 46 pts, prior last season his average was 17.2 pts)

I think that Niskanen is a very good def but I don't think he can put the same numbers with Detroit.

Either player is upgrade but both of them should be considered as a top 4 def and not the top 2 def that's the reason why I would go with the less expensive at this point.

I voted Ehrhoff

How about Sproul and Marchenko instead?? :clap:

Sproul is probably not at all ready defensively. Give him a minimum of 1 more year in GR. Marchenko should be up next season but he should be more of a Kindl/Lashoff replacement, not as the replacement for Quincey in the top 4 which is what we're looking for Niskanen/Ehrhoff/Boyle/etc to be.

Sproul is probably not at all ready defensively. Give him a minimum of 1 more year in GR. Marchenko should be up next season but he should be more of a Kindl/Lashoff replacement, not as the replacement for Quincey in the top 4 which is what we're looking for Niskanen/Ehrhoff/Boyle/etc to be.

I was kind of joking tbh, although part of me would love to see KH and co go with 2 kids on the 3rd pairing. It would be entertaining to say the least

Much depends on what kind of contract you're talking.

But Niskanen is younger, and he's a righty. Promote Marchenko and we've suddenly got 2 RHD's and a LHD who can play on the right.

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Ericsson - Marchenko

Nev is hitting it on the head, imho. I liked what I saw of Oulette last season, and didn't remember much of Marchenko prior to his injury since I don't get to see much of the Griffins here in PA. If Marchenko is at least equal to Oulette, I'd be cool with givIng him a shot. That's realistically as close as the Wings are likely to get to the 3 righty and 3 lefty combo Babs has spoken of in the past.

I was kind of joking tbh, although part of me would love to see KH and co go with 2 kids on the 3rd pairing. It would be entertaining to say the least

That's one way of putting it. ;).

Much depends on what kind of contract you're talking.

But Niskanen is younger, and he's a righty. Promote Marchenko and we've suddenly got 2 RHD's and a LHD who can play on the right.

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Niskanen

Ericsson - Marchenko

That would be such a fantastic defensive lineup.

Guest Playmaker

I'm just hoping we get one or the other. A top 4 defenseman with offensive skills that will cost us nothing off the roster is just what the doctor ordered. An upgrade on the backend will make our forwards that much more productive and can only help Smith and DeKeyser. Can't it be July 1st right now?

Niskanen. I've warmed up to him after watching some of his games in the playoffs, underrated physically and can play the point on the PP. I'm not gonna complain if we sign either guy (or Boyle for that matter) just improve the defense.

Guest Playmaker

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. Hoping that I get the really cool gift I really want and not the lump of coal. :nervous: