Photo
- - - - -

Ehrhoff or Niskanen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Erhoff or Niskanen (137 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one do you guys want?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm just hoping we get one or the other.  A top 4 defenseman with offensive skills that will cost us nothing off the roster is just what the doctor ordered.  An upgrade on the backend will make our forwards that much more productive and can only help Smith and DeKeyser.  Can't it be July 1st right now? 

#22 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Niskanen. I've warmed up to him after watching some of his games in the playoffs, underrated physically and can play the point on the PP. I'm not gonna complain if we sign either guy (or Boyle for that matter) just improve the defense. 

#NOMOREKINDL

#23 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  Hoping that I get the really cool gift I really want and not the lump of coal.  :nervous:

#24 midnightpulp

midnightpulp

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Neither.

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'd say Niskanen.

Now if Niskanen signs elsewhere - the bigger question would be Ehrhoff, or Gilbert?

The Wings are nowhere near a better team next season without Jimmy Howard. Especially if you are banking on an injury prone, not very good backup and prospect with minimal NHL experience to be your goaltenders. In a couple years once we see what Mrazek is capable of then possibly Howard becomes expendable, but I would rather have any other scenario than counting on Jonas Gustavsson to be your starting goaltender.

Howard had a rough season, but hopefully he'll be back to where he was previously.

The Monster was solid for us, but I agree with you on his overall health, and if he's capable of playing as a #1 netminder.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

go after both and put smith lashof and kindl on the market. Plenty of youth coming up that will replace all three in time.

#27 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Niskanen. I also had a really weird dreams last night that we got Niskanen and then traded Smith, Tatar, and Kindl to Buffalo for Myers. Gave Pulks Tats' spot and ran a D of

Kronner Myers
DK Niskanen
E bestkid

I don't really think that's too unrealistic.

#28 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

We are in a position to upgrade considerably. Start with a big free agent signing (Niskanen) then we have a lot up expendable players we can deal at the deadline. Players that are actually worth something

#29 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

This thread is about two players and two players only, neither of which happens to be a goalie.  Let's keep the thread on topic, please.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#30 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Lilja will be the addition

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#31 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Lilja will be the addition

PAIN TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

My vote:

1) Niskanen
2) Boyle
3) Ehrhoff

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

we can afford both. Erhoff got bought out, so he can come fairly cheap. $3M maybe. Niskanen $6m maybe. Trade Kindl and give that $2.4M to Diesel. You still got $5m for Sheahan and Tatar. Once you dump Andersson and give Sheahan and Tats about $2.5M together. You have over $3M for Iginla or just hold on to the $3M for space.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#34 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

1. Niskanen 2. Erhoff 3. Boyle

#35 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

we can afford both. Erhoff got bought out, so he can come fairly cheap. $3M maybe. Niskanen $6m maybe. Trade Kindl and give that $2.4M to Diesel. You still got $5m for Sheahan and Tatar. Once you dump Andersson and give Sheahan and Tats about $2.5M together. You have over $3M for Iginla or just hold on to the $3M for space.

Wow.....  :no:

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Wow.....  :no:

wow what? How much did he get paid? Do you think he is gonna get $7M? Usually after a buyout, the player signs a nice mid tier contract for a year or two to earn a bigger one when he re-signs...the player just got a buyout of sometimes $10M or sometimes more, a lot more. Money is not the motivating factor usually after a buyout...at least not what I have seen since the cap was instilled. But go ahead, keep attacking with replies that bring nothing to the conversation...how many is this towards me now?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#37 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

This is the real NHL not NHL x GM mode.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#38 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

Depends. But yeah, Niskanen. Ehrhoff's a great option, and I think we can be pretty sure he's shot to the top of the Wings' list. But his best years are almost surely behind him, and, while I don't mind that he shoots left, I'd rather he didn't.

We say this about everyone who isn't a Red Wing, but Niskanen really is "exactly what we need."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#39 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Erhoff would likely get 6M range. It helps our bargaining stance. Erhoff is the safe choice but I really want a right handed defensemen. Erhoff seems like a Kenny type of deal 3-4 years

#40 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Depends. But yeah, Niskanen. Ehrhoff's a great option, and I think we can be pretty sure he's shot to the top of the Wings' list. But his best years are almost surely behind him, and, while I don't mind that he shoots left, I'd rather he didn't.

We say this about everyone who isn't a Red Wing, but Niskanen really is "exactly what we need."

yeah but don't get your hopes up to high he could play at home and create and unreal top pair with Surer. I would prefer him too but honestly Ehrhoff is a great choice too look at the way he run the powerplay in Vancouver

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..