• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Ehrhoff or Niskanen

Rate this topic

Erhoff or Niskanen  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DeGraa55

Lol. LGW is the only place where every free agent is going to get 6 million per year, and the starting point for every trade is Mantha + 1st.

Christian Ehrhoff will not get 6 million dollars. Not happening.

What you talking about? Most trades I see are kindl and Weiss for Crosby.... LOL

From what I understand Gilbert did really well on the first pairing in FLA last season. Of course, being on a terrible team and not being a *superstar* caliber defenseman. You're pretty much fly under the radar and get panned as a nobody with little worth. Gilbert would be fine if everyone else slips through our fingers. He's not the home-run that everyone will be looking for tomorrow afternoon, but I think I would prefer him to Boyle as he wouldn't be as expensive and would probably allow flexibility for trades later in the season -- if necessary.

I would slot him in as our #5 D-man to pair with a kid. He's definitely not a 1st or 2nd pairing guy on our team.

So worst case scenario:

Kron - Smith

Deke - Ericsson

Gilbert - *Kid*

Lash

If I had my little way, I'd take them both (Niskanen and Ehrhoff) and I'd trade away Smith and Kindl.

Kron - Ehrhoff

Deke - Niskanen

Ericsson - Kid

Lash

Edited by e_prime

From what I understand Gilbert did really well on the first pairing in FLA last season. Of course, being on a terrible team and not being a *superstar* caliber defenseman. You're pretty much fly under the radar and get panned as a nobody with little worth. Gilbert would be fine if everyone else slips through our fingers. He's not the home-run that everyone will be looking for tomorrow afternoon, but I think I would prefer him to Boyle as he wouldn't be as expensive and would probably allow flexibility for trades later in the season -- if necessary.

I would slot him in as our #5 D-man to pair with a kid. He's definitely not a 1st or 2nd pairing guy on our team.

So worst case scenario:

Kron - Smith

Deke - Ericsson

Gilbert - *Kid*

Lash

That's what I was thinking. If it's between Boyle and Gilbert, I'm probably more interested in Gilbert.

Niskanen scares me a little because he's going to require such a huge commitment in term and salary.

That's what I was thinking. If it's between Boyle and Gilbert, I'm probably more interested in Gilbert.

Niskanen scares me a little because he's going to require such a huge commitment in term and salary.

Just as long as Ken Holland isn't scared. Niskanen is a risk. Sure. I get it.

...but I think it's a calculated risk, and this team needs to get out of it's comfort zone.

The truth is... I want a grand slam.

I want both Ehrhoff and Niskanen, but I'd lean more towards Ehrhoff. I've always liked the guy. Coveted him when Lids was wrapping up his career. Felt it was a big miss when we weren't able to sign him. Now we have another opportunity to grab him up... I think it's time Ehrhoff is in the Winged Wheel.

I know, I know... he's not right-handed. ...whatever...

Edited by e_prime

Everyone is talking about getting both guys, but do we have the cap room for that? I would love both guys, but then again it really limits the chances of any of the kids coming up anytime soon. I would at minimum like to see Sproul and Marchenko up in the next year or two.

Maybe if Mantha makes the team instead of signing Alfie and we dump some salary we could fit both?

I would be perfectly fine trading Kindl and Miller to get some money off the books.

Just as long as Ken Holland isn't scared. Niskanen is a risk. Sure. I get it.

...but I think it's a calculated risk, and this team needs to get out of it's comfort zone.

The truth is... I want a grand slam.

I want both Ehrhoff and Niskanen, but I'd lean more towards Ehrhoff. I've always liked the guy. Coveted him when Lids was wrapping up his career. Felt it was a big miss when we weren't able to sign him. Now we have another opportunity to grab him up... I think it's time Ehrhoff is in the Winged Wheel.

I know, I know... he's not right-handed. ...whatever...

holland has already said that he is willing to offer niskanen a 7 year contract via ansar kahn. it's the salary that is going to be an issue

Everyone is talking about getting both guys, but do we have the cap room for that?

I don't think so. If we resign the Players we want including Alfie and don't move anybody I estimate we will have around 7 Mil. left to sign a D-Man. Unfortunatly not enough to get both.

I would prefer Erhoff. I don't know that Niskanen can repeat his offensive success in Detroit (as we don't have a Crosby, Malkin, or Neil), and Erhoff has made a career out of producing those numbers from the back end. He's older and shoots left, but he's also a known commodity. I also think defensively Erhoff is more well rounded.

Also, Erhoff was never beaten in a fight by Crosby:

Guest DeGraa55

I would prefer Erhoff. I don't know that Niskanen can repeat his offensive success in Detroit (as we don't have a Crosby, Malkin, or Neil), and Erhoff has made a career out of producing those numbers from the back end. He's older and shoots left, but he's also a known commodity. I also think defensively Erhoff is more well rounded.

Also, Erhoff was never beaten in a fight by Crosby:

I expected more talking, bras, panties and pillows with Cindy out there....

I personally prefer Ehrhoff over Niskanen. At this point, I want the d-man with a more proven track record. Niskanen does have the advantage of being younger and right handed, but I think Ehrhoff is a superior hockey player. Niskanen has one solid offensive season to this point moving the puck to the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Kunitz. Maybe Niskanen is entering his prime now, though that's a massive risk to take considering the commitment is going to require seven years.

Ehrhoff is better defensively, comparable offensively and has been a consistent performer throughout his career. I know the emphasis is on adding a d-man that shoots right, but that alone isn't enough for me to want Niskanen over Ehrhoff.

Ok here is the crappy part about this whole parity situation....rewind two years when Suter and Parise were the hot couple...Holland was offering what he could that would take him right to the cap with Suter. He wasn't offering anything near that for Parise. I know we lost Suter to his wife, but after we lost him, Holland signed cheaper players that allowed him to stay under the Cap...Minnesota was right against it after the two signings...fast forward...Wings have cap space, but ironically enough as of today, Minnesota has $5M more in cap space...they will be able to offer Niskanen the moon AND THEY STILL HAVE SUTER AND PARISE!!!!!! How ******* fair is that!?!?! That's not parity...that's rape.

Guest DeGraa55

Ok here is the crappy part about this whole parity situation....rewind two years when Suter and Parise were the hot couple...Holland was offering what he could that would take him right to the cap with Suter. He wasn't offering anything near that for Parise. I know we lost Suter to his wife, but after we lost him, Holland signed cheaper players that allowed him to stay under the Cap...Minnesota was right against it after the two signings...fast forward...Wings have cap space, but ironically enough as of today, Minnesota has $5M more in cap space...they will be able to offer Niskanen the moon AND THEY STILL HAVE SUTER AND PARISE!!!!!! Howf****** fair is that!?!?! That's not parity...that's rape.

They don't have 37 year making 7m either. Or 35 year old making 6m. The guys you listed are their best players and in their prime. Our best are past their prime.

Floating Franzen with 4m. Injured Weiss with 5m. Ericsson with 4+.

Kronwall has been the most worth it in terms of ice time, production and games played the last few years. But ya Minnesota had only one bad contract in their captain? Drawing a blank on name ATM.

Guest DeGraa55

being able to have 5-6 players make around $6M and more isn't parity....blah, I am just tired of Detroit no longer being the sought after destination...I am not sure about you, but I like being the team everyone wants to play for....

Parity is good for the sport. Even though wings fans hate it.

And we're not the most sought after why? It's our own damn fault....not winning and not paying market vslue. They feel EVERYONE should take a discount and not everyone wants to.

Edited by DeGraa55

They don't have 37 year making 7m either. Or 35 year old making 6m. The guys you listed are their best players and in their prime. Our best are past their prime.

Floating Franzen with 4m. Injured Weiss with 5m. Ericsson with 4+.

Kronwall has been the most worth it in terms of ice time, production and games played the last few years. But ya Minnesota had only one bad contract in their captain? Drawing a blank on name ATM.

Find me another 30+ goalscorer in this league who's signed since Franzen signed that contract that makes $4m or less (not counting entry level contracts).

Weiss will be back this year with vengeance

Ericsson is a good, solid, stay at home D man who fits nicely within our top 4. And by the looks of things, we're possibly going to sign another guys who's a top 4 d man for $5-6million. $4m sounds like a bargain to me.

being able to have 5-6 players make around $6M and more isn't parity....blah, I am just tired of Detroit no longer being the sought after destination...I am not sure about you, but I like being the team everyone wants to play for....

I don't know whether we aren't. It's just the fact that now, there's a hell of a lot more teams that have a legitimate shot at the cup. How many teams really had a shot at the cup back in 02 before we got Hasek, Robitaille, Hull, Duchesne and co? About 3-4? Now, you could argue at least 10, possibly more.

As for Erhoff vs Niskanen, it's one or t'other for me. Can't have both IMO because it'll block the young guys coming up next year. 1 will improve the D significantly, 2 will be a nuisance when we're trying to bring our young guys in.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Except if you can understand the English language this time it wasn't to really bash him. Just talk about the caps for each team, which I still can't think of their captains name it's driving me crazy.

. Koivu?

On topic I'd take either Erhoff or Niskanen. I'll be disappointed if all we get is Boyle. Nothing against him I'd just like us to sign a guy who doesn't have a foot in the door of retirement already.

. Koivu?

On topic I'd take either Erhoff or Niskanen. I'll be disappointed if all we get is Boyle. Nothing against him I'd just like us to sign a guy who doesn't have a foot in the door of retirement already.

Either? So which one would you pick? Being honest, I probably haven't watched both of them play enough to be able to make a choice.