• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted Today, 06:20 AM

You don't draft a guy as high as Larkin and then turn around and trade him without seeing what he can do, especially for a mediocre defenseman, when we already have plenty of talent down in GR. Sure, Larkin could be a bust, but he could also be a big time player. Larkin could turn out to be the next Reggie Savage (drafted 15th overall in 1988) or he could turn out to be the next Joe Sakic (drafted 15th overall in 1987). I think he will be more like a Ryan O'Reilly in Colorado. Would I trade away O'Reilly, Kindl, plus a first for an average skill, massive size defenseman? Hell no! There is a very good reason Holland is not willing to let this kid go, his upside is just too high for the return he would be getting.

DON'T DO IT KENNY!

#82 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted Today, 06:42 AM

You don't draft a guy as high as Larkin and then turn around and trade him without seeing what he can do, especially for a mediocre defenseman, when we already have plenty of talent down in GR. Sure, Larkin could be a bust, but he could also be a big time player. Larkin could turn out to be the next Reggie Savage (drafted 15th overall in 1988) or he could turn out to be the next Joe Sakic (drafted 15th overall in 1987). I think he will be more like a Ryan O'Reilly in Colorado. Would I trade away O'Reilly, Kindl, plus a first for an average skill, massive size defenseman? Hell no! There is a very good reason Holland is not willing to let this kid go, his upside is just too high for the return he would be getting.

DON'T DO IT KENNY!

I think it depends on if you believe Myers is mediocre. IMO the Wings shouldn't have any interest if they believe he is mediocre- they have enough mediocre defensemen on the roster. If they believe he is a top-2 defenseman, then I don't see them paying a lower price elsewhere in the league.

#83 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted Today, 07:21 AM

But that's the thing. He definitely is not a top 2 defenseman. No way...