Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

What's Andreas Lilja up to these days?

#42 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

he claimed kronwall could teach smith anything boyle could, and that smith and kronwall are very similar players. he then said smith and boyle were opposites (which contradicts the kronwall can teach smith anything boyle can argument) and followed up with a bold statement that boyle would get less than 20 points... it's like we've never had offensive dmen. Kronwall can put up 50 points on our "terrible" offensive team, but boyle can't put up 20 points. This is clearly a hate towards any potential moves Holland could make befoe we even see what happens and how it works out.

It's not hate for ANY potential move.  I'll all for spending money or assets on young guys.  But I'll gladly admit that I don't like the idea of signing a 38 year old declining veteran.  Also, the part about not getting 20 pts. was pretty clearly a joke, as evidenced by my smartassy rejoinder following it.  Lighten up dude.  It's hockey, we're not enemies and I'm not out to get you (or am I?).  <------------- See, cocky rejoinder indicates that I'm goofing. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#43 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

So as to not be too disappointed, I'm going to say that I'd be happy with Ehrhoff and Radim Vrbata.  I wouldn't be thrilled, but I could live with it. 

Chances are that's asking too much as well. 

We'll get Boyle and Alfie.  I don't know why I bother pretending otherwise. 

I'm good with Vrbata.  We need a sniper like that...and then we could maybe win more than 2 shootouts.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

I'm good with Vrbata.  We need a sniper like that...and then we could maybe win more than 2 shootouts.

I'd obviously much rather have someone who's harder to play against, but that's not happening, and I'd certainly rather have Vrbata than Alfie.  You'd probably get the same production and hopefully Vrbata wouldn't run out of gas.  For me it would all depend on the contract.  Not more than 3 years, and not more than 4 million.  2 years at 3.75 would be ideal, but that's probably dreaming. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#45 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

What's Andreas Lilja up to these days?

I think I hear that Pain Train rolling back into the station.

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

It's not hate for ANY potential move.  I'll all for spending money or assets on young guys.  But I'll gladly admit that I don't like the idea of signing a 38 year old declining veteran.  Also, the part about not getting 20 pts. was pretty clearly a joke, as evidenced by my smartassy rejoinder following it.  Lighten up dude.  It's hockey, we're not enemies and I'm not out to get you (or am I?).  <------------- See, cocky rejoinder indicates that I'm goofing. 

whatever dude, I'm still pissed we lost this guy

brettlebda22.jpg

#47 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Looking at capgeek there are like a million options this years at D.

Boyle

Pitkanen

Volchenkov

Gleason

Meszaros

Ehrhoff

Salo

Orpik

Mitchell

Schultz

Tallinder

Robidas

Morris

Del Zotto

Niskanen

McBain

Stralman

Butler

Murray

Fayne

Falk

Gilbert

Corvo

Ellerby

Engelland

Wouldn't be surprised if Holland looked for a bargain deal outside of Boyle, Niskanen, and Ehrhoff

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I'm aboard the re sign Quincey train.

#49 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Ehrhoff + Boyle seems to be a reasonably legit possibility (Pleiness and others have mentioned it), and we're in on Niskanen and Iginla. I think this could be a very interesting UFA Day. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#50 yztheman

yztheman

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

This is kinda what I am thinking for a decent day considering KH behavior sometimes, as he may not do much ( note: not my best wish scenario, not that I wouldn't like something better than this just a guess and I don't think Iggy is coming)

sign Boyle, Erhoff, and Iggy somehows

Lines:

Nyquist - Z - Iggy

Abby  -  Dats -  Alfie

Legwand - Weiss - Franzen

Glendening - Helm - Sheahan

edit: the Myers kid from buff is interesting by the comments their gm has made, and what some of their fans think is that  he is worth a 1st, dman, and a forward or plug may be too much

D:

Kronwall  -  Ericsson

Dekeyser  -  Erhoff

Smith  -  Boyle

assuming we lose Tatar and some D men

My first line thread be gentle :scared:

And yes makes us older I noticed some folks not fond of it. A short term with a mix of good vets and good kids may get us further. And better goaltending.

Edited by yztheman, 30 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#51 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Obviously father does taxes the body, but do you guys actually think that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are going to play less games than last year? That just seems to fall in the "negative for the sake of being negative" category. 

Zetterberg got surgery for his back, said he felt like a new man. Datsyuk is a little less certain, but - come on - they missed half the year. They will be healthier than that.

#52 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk for Malkin and Crosby straight up

#53 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Better get used to it.  Those guys aren't going to get any healthier as their careers go on. 

You're speaking as if it's an absolute.... Lidstrom was an iron man until the end, missing very few games - that's just one example that comes to mind.  Jagr played 82 games last season....   You're statement while sometimes true, is not always true.  You brushed right over my point that Boyle has not played less than 75 games in a season since before 08/09.

#54 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

No thanks.

#55 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Please no Boyle, not at 38

Edited by kylee, 30 June 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#56 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

have you gone to crazy town,i think pittsburgh would say no to this trade

#57 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey 23s

McKenzie: Among the suitors for Jarome Iginla include #mnwild, #TBLightning, #RedWings.

#58 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

whatever dude, I'm still pissed we lost this guy

brettlebda22.jpg

Haven't won the Cup since we lost him. Just saying.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#59 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

You're speaking as if it's an absolute.... Lidstrom was an iron man until the end, missing very few games - that's just one example that comes to mind.  Jagr played 82 games last season....   You're statement while sometimes true, is not always true.  You brushed right over my point that Boyle has not played less than 75 games in a season since before 08/09.

Didn't mean to brush over it.  I thought I'd already made my point that even if he played 82 games a year for two years, his production is declining, he was never good defensively to begin with, he's small, and he's old.  Whether he's in the lineup or not, he doesn't make us noticeably better.  If he were so valuable, I'd imagine a Sharks team desperate for post season success would be hanging on to him. 

Secondly, neither Lidstrom nor Jagr had the history of nagging injuries that Zetterberg had, and neither of them (at any point in their careers) missed games as frequently as Datsyuk does.  It's not hard to imagine those guys staying healthy in old age, they were ALWAYS healthy their entire careers.  Datyuk and Zetterberg have never been all that healthy, and certainly aren't going to get more healthy as they get older, slower, and weaker.  Nobody should expect them to be.  Ideally they'd be passing the torch to a couple of guys who were just entering their primes right about now, not carrying the team on their aging backs. 

#60 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Senior-Citizen-Discount.png

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.