• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Red Wings rookie camp roster revealed

Rate this topic

I wouldn't necessarily call Frk a bust just yet. I'll save my judgement on him until after a full season with the Griffins. He's definitely going through a tough adjustment from junior to pro but I still have confidence in him becoming a solid third line winger with a chance at second line duties at the NHL level.

Martin frk seems to be a bust unfortunately. I had high hopes for him. I know he wouldn't be in this tournament anyway. Can't wait to see little Bert, axel, Larkin, and especially mantha

A lot of the same things were said about Jurco after his first year in the AHL.

Lets hope Frk can turn it around like he did.

Who is this Hampus Gustafsson anyway??

I have no idea. I think most of the free agent invitees are pretty unknown unless their last names are Chelios or Babcock.

Just a funny name. Speaking of which, I see we also invited the Spink twins.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2012/12/spink-twins-and-their-adopted-triplet-playing-well-for-colgate.html

Daniel and Henrik part deux? We also invited their linemate, who the link says is Bobby Baun's grandson.

Really excited to hear about Larkin, AA and Mantha from camp. I feel like AA has been forgotten about among people on here because of Mantha hype. AA had 49 goals and 46 assists in 66 games.. He had 12 points in 11 playoff games as well.

Something interesting I noticed. Marchenko is the only one of the NHL level D prospects invited to camp. No Ouellete, Sproul, Bäckman, or Jensen. Anyone have any idea why?

Really excited to hear about Larkin, AA and Mantha from camp. I feel like AA has been forgotten about among people on here because of Mantha hype. AA had 49 goals and 46 assists in 66 games.. He had 12 points in 11 playoff games as well.

Something interesting I noticed. Marchenko is the only one of the NHL level D prospects invited to camp. No Ouellete, Sproul, Bäckman, or Jensen. Anyone have any idea why?

I think Marchenko only joined the Griffins half way through the year so he would have been in Russia and wouldn't have been around for last year's camp. Jensen, Sproul, etc. probably went to last years camp. That's my theory, but I have nothing to back that up really.

Agreed on AA. After the Jarnkrok trade, everyone said we have no center prospects, but AA plays Center (as well as LW) and Mattias Janmark, who did quite well in Sweden (why is he not at the camp?).

I think Marchenko only joined the Griffins half way through the year so he would have been in Russia and wouldn't have been around for last year's camp. Jensen, Sproul, etc. probably went to last years camp. That's my theory, but I have nothing to back that up really.

Agreed on AA. After the Jarnkrok trade, everyone said we have no center prospects, but AA plays Center (as well as LW) and Mattias Janmark, who did quite well in Sweden (why is he not at the camp?).

Ah. I'm not sure if Marchenko was at camp last year or not, but that would make sense.

I'm imagining a future line with AA and Helm and drooling over the speed...

probably because he missed the last half of the AHL season and playoffs due to a broken ankle, so they might be giving him an early start to look at his conditioning after the summer

Is it possible the Wings are using this camp as a way to see how Marchenko is progressing after his injury? That is the only reason I could see him being asked to come.

Probably, and the fact that he only played half a season over here.

Is it possible the Wings are using this camp as a way to see how Marchenko is progressing after his injury? That is the only reason I could see him being asked to come.

Yup. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Marchenko's idea. When you're looking to make a jump to the next level but you're also coming off a season-ending injury, you're gonna want to do as much as you can to get back to where you were.

If it's up to me (and, believe it or not, it isn't), Marchenko is my #6 on opening night, assuming the candidates more or less show as expected in training camp. I look at Olli Maatta and how he's sort of changed the game for the Pens to the point where they could lose Ehrhoff for nothing next summer (after having lost Niskanen and Orpik for nothing this summer) and not really care. Marchenko's a fairly similar player with, I think, a very high ceiling.

Yup. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Marchenko's idea. When you're looking to make a jump to the next level but you're also coming off a season-ending injury, you're gonna want to do as much as you can to get back to where you were.

If it's up to me (and, believe it or not, it isn't), Marchenko is my #6 on opening night, assuming the candidates more or less show as expected in training camp. I look at Olli Maatta and how he's sort of changed the game for the Pens to the point where they could lose Ehrhoff for nothing next summer (after having lost Niskanen and Orpik for nothing this summer) and not really care. Marchenko's a fairly similar player with, I think, a very high ceiling.

Sproul hasn't worn the winged wheel yet, but I was much more impressed with Ouellet so far of the three. Marchenko was solid but Ouellet made a few play that made him look like a poised vet d-man. Very excited about him right now.