• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alextricity

It's too bad about us having Weiss...

Rate this topic

No, we're not in on Stastny... Did we really need another thread for this? It couldn't have been discussed in any of the other dozen UFA threads?...

No, because then it would get lost in the shuffle with the, "It's a shame we have Franzen, Vanek would be sweeeet" posts.

It's not at all that I wouldn't want a second line center for around $6M or so per on a long term deal, because I absolutely would. However, I wouldn't want a third line center making $4.9M for the next 4 seasons. I would love to have a guy like Stastny but when we already have a capable number 2 center in Weiss. And yes, for all you naysayers, Weiss is very capable and he will show his worth this season when he puts up 55+ points.

Even if he put up 60 points and 25 goals?

That wouldn't be too impressive and I'm more interested in what he can do in the playoffs, I just don't see the guy ever being a difference maker for us.

60 points for a second center is very good. We can't have a team full of superstars anymore.

Yeah, I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect more than that from a 2nd line center. That is why they are 2nd line centers.

If they scored 70-80 points, they would be 1st line centers (see: Datsyuk, Zetterberg).

Yeah, I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect more than that from a 2nd line center. That is why they are 2nd line centers.

If they scored 70-80 points, they would be 1st line centers (see: Datsyuk, Zetterberg).

Even the cup winning Kings had centers with these numbers:

Kopitar. 70pts

Carter. 50

Richards 41

I don't know if they played center exclusively or how many games they played, but I think balanced scoring across the roster is more important.

Anyone here mentioning Filppula being a Stastny is ridiculous. The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

You know he did score over 50 points for us right?

Anyone here mentioning Filppula being a Stastny is ridiculous. The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

You know he did score over 50 points for us right?

Once. Every other year he was hurt or ineffective.

Once. Every other year he was hurt or ineffective.

More like hurt but still extremely effective or low on the depth chart or playing with players that barely belong on the team let alone in the top 6.

The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

I like to completely disregard facts and reality to make myself feel better, too.

More like hurt but still extremely effective or low on the depth chart or playing with players that barely belong on the team let alone in the top 6.

I like to completely disregard facts and reality to make myself feel better, too.

I won't say he was a 3rd line C, but "extremely effective" is beyond generous if not wrong