• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alextricity

It's too bad about us having Weiss...

Rate this topic

Nyquist might have a sophomore slump. Jurco could have a surprise year, I think.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think Nyquist will slump (hope not at least), but I definitely think he'll come back down to earth. Really pulling for Weiss, I don't think he should already be given up on.

Nyquist might have a sophomore slump. Jurco could have a surprise year, I think. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That's the way I'm looking at it I think Danny and Nyquist will have a very tough year. Jurco a very good season.

Weiss is simple:

He needs to hit the gym like crazy and attempt the Gary Roberst high performance school.

Edited by frankgrimes

Once. Every other year he was hurt or ineffective.

More like hurt but still extremely effective or low on the depth chart or playing with players that barely belong on the team let alone in the top 6.

The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

I like to completely disregard facts and reality to make myself feel better, too.

Filppula was 3rd or 4th in TOI a game every year but his rookie year and the year Hossa was here when he was a few seconds behind Franzen. He also always had capable linemates.

Flip? Really?

:nono:

He gone.

Let's get over it.

How come no one ever laments the loss of Hudler?

Eva?

I do lament it. Maybe if he was here, with one fewer roster spot, Dan Cleary would be long gone.

What am I talking about, it would just mean another kid stuck in GR.

I do lament it. Maybe if he was here, with one fewer roster spot, Dan Cleary would be long gone.

What am I talking about, it would just mean another kid stuck in GR.

Ya but like all the ufas of late he didn't want to come back.

That's the way I'm looking at it I think Danny and Nyquist will have a very tough year. Jurco a very good season.

Weiss is simple:

He needs to hit the gym like crazy and attempt the Gary Roberst high performance school.

I think from the reports recently, that's precisely what Weiss has been doing.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/20140703/stephen-weiss-heading-in-right-direction-after-second-surgery

Without a doubt, Nyquist regresses a bit. If simply for nothing else other than less playing time, his shooting percentage will be VERY hard to replicate. That's a career-year for a LOT of guys.

I think he'll settle into a 25-28-53 season this year, which will still be impressive given his age and experience. I don't see him hitting 30 goals this season, but he shouldn't have to with an increase in production from the guys that were injured last year. I eventually see him as a top-line guy, but this year he should succeed in the top-six and people need to temper their expectations given the circumstances.