• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Well I would be pretty happy if he did actually score 60points and was decent in the playoffs but I don't see either one of those happening.

#22 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Anyone here mentioning Filppula being a Stastny is ridiculous. The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

You know he did score over 50 points for us right?

#23 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Zero.....point zero... Fred shut up with that button.....classic ;-)

#24 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Anyone here mentioning Filppula being a Stastny is ridiculous. The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

You know he did score over 50 points for us right?

Once. Every other year he was hurt or ineffective.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#25 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

More like hurt but still extremely effective or low on the depth chart or playing with players that barely belong on the team let alone in the top 6.

The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

I like to completely disregard facts and reality to make myself feel better, too.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#26 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

More like hurt but still extremely effective or low on the depth chart or playing with players that barely belong on the team let alone in the top 6.

I like to completely disregard facts and reality to make myself feel better, too.

I won't say he was a 3rd line C, but "extremely effective" is beyond generous if not wrong

#27 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Just think what 50 pts from Weiss, and a healthy Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, and Helm would mean for us next year. A 1st round exit against Boston wasn't a bad thing, guys have a chance to heal.

Add to that, full seasons from Nyquist and Jurco.

:thumbup:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Nyquist might have a sophomore slump. Jurco could have a surprise year, I think. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Nyquist might have a sophomore slump. Jurco could have a surprise year, I think.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think Nyquist will slump (hope not at least), but I definitely think he'll come back down to earth. Really pulling for Weiss, I don't think he should already be given up on.

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Nyquist might have a sophomore slump. Jurco could have a surprise year, I think. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That's the way I'm looking at it I think Danny and Nyquist will have a very tough year. Jurco a very good season.

Weiss is simple:

He needs to hit the gym like crazy and attempt the Gary  Roberst high performance school.

Edited by frankgrimes, 05 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#31 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

The guy was nothing more than a 3rd line guy that couldn't take a hit nor throw one. I don't care if he scores 50 for Tampa cause he would never have scored 50 for us, ever.

Filppula was 3rd or 4th in TOI a game every year but his rookie year and the year Hossa was here when he was a few seconds behind Franzen. He also always had capable linemates.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#32 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

Flip?  Really? 

:nono:

He gone.

Let's get over it.

How come no one ever laments the loss of Hudler?  

Eva?

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#33 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Flip?  Really? 

:nono:

He gone.

Let's get over it.

How come no one ever laments the loss of Hudler?  

Eva?

I do lament it.  Maybe if he was here, with one fewer roster spot, Dan Cleary would be long gone.

What am I talking about, it would just mean another kid stuck in GR.

#34 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I do lament it.  Maybe if he was here, with one fewer roster spot, Dan Cleary would be long gone.

What am I talking about, it would just mean another kid stuck in GR.

Ya but like all the ufas of late he didn't want to come back.

#35 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

That's the way I'm looking at it I think Danny and Nyquist will have a very tough year. Jurco a very good season.

Weiss is simple:

He needs to hit the gym like crazy and attempt the Gary  Roberst high performance school.

I think from the reports recently, that's precisely what Weiss has been doing. 

http://www.theoaklan...-second-surgery

temp 1

#36 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Weiss will have a good year if he can stay/get healthy hopefully.

#37 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Last year the team spent a lot of time crippled down the middle. I think this season strength and depth down the middle will be the teams biggest asset.

#38 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Without a doubt, Nyquist regresses a bit. If simply for nothing else other than less playing time, his shooting percentage will be VERY hard to replicate.  That's a career-year for a LOT of guys.

I think he'll settle into a 25-28-53 season this year, which will still be impressive given his age and experience.  I don't see him hitting 30 goals this season, but he shouldn't have to with an increase in production from the guys that were injured last year.  I eventually see him as a top-line guy, but this year he should succeed in the top-six and people need to temper their expectations given the circumstances.