• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Swayze

Wings sign Kevin Porter to 1-year, 2-way contract

Rate this topic

People are complaining about signing a C for the Griffins?

Exactly. Griffins are a bit thin at C this season. That is all this signing is, but people are so onboard the HateHolland bandwagon right now, that they're not thinking logically.

I'll never forget the *crickets* that went off in the thread when this kid was signed. :lol:

Reminds me of the end of the 2007 deadline day, when Holland signed Kyle Calder. The reaction here was epic then too.

Calder had 231 pts in 418 games when we signed him (0.55)

Porter has 55 pts in 206 games played (0.26)... would much rather have Calder.

Avs get iginla, briere and stuart and Kenny signs this guy.

We like our team

...I said all day long that I hoped Kenny didn't make a move instead of doing something "silly". Instead what ended up happening was ridiculous...I have had this odd feeling in the pit of my stomach that's says we're going to see Tatar's name in the traded column today, for absolutely no other reason than I wouldn't be surprised. And that's what Kenny's done to me|

People are complaining about signing a C for the Griffins?

No. It's all about timing.

Everyone was anxiously awaiting Holland to make some big signing for the Red Wings. That didn't happen, then this gets tweeted among all the big UFA names.

If this came out in a couple days headlined "Holland signs center for the Griffins to a two-way contract," it would've provoked a very different response.

Everyone was anxiously awaiting Holland to make some big signing for the Red Wings. That didn't happen, then this gets tweeted among all the big UFA names.

If this came out in a couple days headlined "Holland signs center for the Griffins to a two-way contract," it would've provoked a very different response.

100% true.

So should fans be angry at the media for posting the story when it happened, or should Holland have waited a few days and risked losing the player to another location for our sake?

So should fans be angry at the media for posting the story when it happened, or should Holland have waited a few days and risked losing the player to another location for our sake?

Lol Ya god forbid we lose... What's his name again? I'm sure every gm was banging on his door....

The star level of a player shouldn't matter. You want someone, you sign him. Not wait around so the fans don't get their feelings hurt.

Hes a plug. There are 50 of him waiting around to be signed. Holland shouldn't have been wasting time signing guys on the first day of free agency that didn't need to be signed for a while.

Hes a plug. There are 50 of him waiting around to be signed. Holland shouldn't have been wasting time signing guys on the first day of free agency that didn't need to be signed for a while.

How is it wasting time? Are you implying that by signing him that Holland missed out on signing someone else?

I was explaining the reaction, not suggesting either of the absurd alternatives you listed.

I was explaining the reaction, not suggesting either of the absurd alternatives you listed.

I wasn't implying you were, and sorry if it came off that way. I do think its absurd to be angry at Holland for this particular signing though, especially if someone is angry because they think that by signing Porter, Holland prevented himself from signing someone else. This is a depth move, primarily for GR, which is also under the scope of a GM's responsibility.

I wasn't implying you were, and sorry if it came off that way. I do think its absurd to be angry at Holland for this particular signing though, especially if someone is angry because they think that by signing Porter, Holland prevented himself from signing someone else. This is a depth move, primarily for GR, which is also under the scope of a GM's responsibility.

Agreed. I don't think it kept him from signing anyone else. Just unfortunate timing of the news.

It was like he was unintentionally trolling Wings fans.

"you'll be extremely happy to know I signed....... Kevin Porter!"