• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Quincey re-signed by DET. 2 yr s $4.25 mill AAV

Rate this topic

We felt the price was right for Quincey after literally no one wanted to come here, and I have to say we feel like he's been a real good player for us and he is a big part of our team going forward.

Congrats Quincey on getting away with grand theft!!

Guys, it's only a 2 year deal. If we signed someone as a FA, we'd have to pay more and for a longer term. For a defenceman who plays 20 minutes a night, it's a good contract. Quincey would have got more if he hit the open market.

Oh no, pay ehrhoff the same or niskanen 1.5 more lol..... There is no way any one can defend holland on this, and say it was the best move for this team and organization.

Guys, it's only a 2 year deal. If we signed someone as a FA, we'd have to pay more and for a longer term. For a defenceman who plays 20 minutes a night, it's a good contract. Quincey would have got more if he hit the open market.

Quincey did hit the open market and no other team appeared to have interest since free agency kicked off earlier. Quincey playing 20 minutes per game is exactly the Wings problem defensively. They just made their issue a solution.

I'm just at a loss of words... Officially am done defending holland... He has slowly done absolutely 0 to recover from the loss of lidstrom and rafalski

How does he replace Lidstrom and Rafalski? Those guys can't be replaced.

It's irrelevant how much he'd get on the open market. He is terrible, we'd be better off with Sproul or Ouellet.

Quincey did hit the open market and no other team appeared to have interest since free agency kicked off earlier. Quincey playing 20 minutes per game is exactly the Wings problem defensively. They just made their issue a solution.

Quincey played more minutes in LA and Colorado

Rafalski is replaceable. Lidstrom, not so much.

Which is why you don't try and replace Lidstrom with one guy. You have to re-evaluate how the whole team is built, because Lids was the keystone of it. Then you make adjustments and give the team a new identity.

Since Lidstrom retired, the Wings are basically the same kind of team only with a massive hole in the blueline and with Dats, Z, and Franzen no longer in their prime.

you can't replace them, but you do a lot better job then Quincey, losing Stuart, signing a FA that wanted to go no where else in dekeyser.

Chicago has no cap room, but adds brad Richards, we have 12/14 million we give Quincey a raise... There is no way to defend that, sorry

you can't replace them, but you do a lot better job then Quincey, losing Stuart, signing a FA that wanted to go no where else in dekeyser.

Chicago has no cap room, but adds brad Richards, we have 12/14 million we give Quincey a raise... There is no way to defend that, sorry

I have been telling you guys for a long time that Holland sucks...he only drafts well because he listens to his scouts...he is the worst at trades and embarrases himself when it comes to UFA's... He singled handedly destroyed Detroit's stellar reputation...Kenny, the streak means nothing to UFA's out there...nothing. When you sign junk like Q and Monster and chose an inferior player over a top 10 NHL talent, it shows other players that you have no interest in winning a Cup...

Well, all I can say is....crap.

If you don't agree with the way this team is being run, I recommend that you don't watch them on TV. Don't spend money on tickets. Don't spend money on jerseys. If you want to watch good hockey live, spend money on college and semi-pro games instead.

When the lockout happened, I promised myself I wouldn't spend a dime on the NHL and so far, I haven't done that. I still watch the games, but I couldn't care less about anyone who advertises for the Wings games. This year, I won't sit out from watching the Wings, thats for sure. The Wings are my team. I am disappointed in what has happened in the offseason, but I won't cash in my fan card because the team falls on hard times.

Rafalski is replaceable. Lidstrom, not so much.

Which is why you don't try and replace Lidstrom with one guy. You have to re-evaluate how the whole team is built, because Lids was the keystone of it. Then you make adjustments and give the team a new identity.

Since Lidstrom retired, the Wings are basically the same kind of team only with a massive hole in the blueline and with Dats, Z, and Franzen no longer in their prime.

It's not like Holland hasn't tried to get help on the blueline. We were spurned by several guys this offseason and the Suter situation is well documented. We have 5 guys in the AHL who could all play in the NHL in the next two years, granted they won't all play for us. It takes time to "give the team a new identity." You can't do that over night in the salary cap era unless you get a guy like Crosby in the draft. The identity is starting to change with Goose, Tats, Sheahan, Jurco all coming up. I'd be surprised if we didn't end up seeing one of the young Dmen play at least 35-40 games this season. The change is happening, but it just isn't going to happen overnight.