• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Quincey re-signed by DET. 2 yr s $4.25 mill AAV

Rate this topic

The bottom pairing was the issue. Not Q. Quincey and Dekeyser were actually very solid together. Sure he is overpaid, but it's free agency. Everyone is. People really need to chill. Other UFA's didn't want to come here. Get over it.

Except isn't Q headed for the 3rd pairing?

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Smith

Kindl + Quincey

Lash

oof.

If you don't see the second bolded part as an issue... something to worry or fret or freakout over... Well, then I don't know what to say.

Edited by e_prime

Whatever. Get over it. Move forward. Hope for the best. Prove the haters wrong. Be thankful Detroit still has a team. Going to be hard to watch, but we aren't the Dead Wings again yet. Even if we are down the road, I'll still watch this team and support it.

I agree, but man, I feel embarrassed and sad at the same damn time.

It's Holland's fault people don't want to play here? The Leafs and Caps are soooooo much better? The Rangers...I can get that, NY has a hell of a pull....but you will not convince me that the name "Detroit" isn't a bigger issue than the GM.

The imposed salary cap revealed how bad a GM holland really is. It's easy to get the right players when money isn't a barrier. The list of horrible signings coupled by the lack of improvement made gets longer and longer.

I gave Holland this Free Agency to prove me wrong but I'm convinced a change is needed.

The only argument people put up is the talent "he" finds deep in drafts. My reply is that scouts find these players, not the GM.

It's a sad day when we are supposed to be excited for average Kyle Quincey. And yes....he's barely average since he contributes NOTHING offensively.

No offense, but did you watch Quincey at all this past season? The guy is a void. He makes his partner worse. And the GM just paid him 4.25 million.

I was fine with standing pat - I wanted Boyle, but we missed out. When every one was saying, "Niskanen or bust", I was promoting several less popular options. Heck, even though they didn't get Niskanen, Boyle, Stralman, etc. Holland essentially told Gilbert to go sign with Montreal. The next best alternative is an exhaustive list of options, and somewhere near the bottom is "re-sign Quincey". It's an awful move.

He really jacked this one up.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I personally would've rather seen kids from GR get their chance at the #5, and #6 spots on defense.

That would be more frustrating to watch than Kindl and Lashoff in these past playoffs. Pair a kid with someone with experience and defensibly responsible.

Kronwall-E

Deke-Smith

Q-Ouellet

Lashoff

That doesn't look as bad as many here are making it out to be. Not as good as it could have been, I agree. But Quincey was very good late in the season and the playoffs. If he can keep that up, I'm fine with him being here. It's just 2 years. Plenty of time for kids to get some experience and try and steal his roster spot in 2 years time. Not the end of the world, folks.

And no...Quincey isn't as bad as most of you think..he probably plays the body around the cage (position and leverage vs a stick in the ribs) better than anyone on the roster. Is he an offensive dynamo? no...he is not, but he isn't the disaster most people portray him to be

Edited by Shinzaki

So, Holland fails miserably and his fallback is to give a raise to a d-man no other team wanted to sign early in free agency? He's the most predictable and non-risk taking GM in professional sports right now.

I haven't been on the bandwagon before, but today I'm there. Ken Holland needs to go.

Edited by GoWings1905

Holy. Hell.

I thought they weren't even considering bringing him back, let alone giving him a raise

figured they would've at least tried some other options first, not just give up after the first day and settle for a guy who clearly isn't what we need in the top 4

on top of a crappy work day, this just.... sucks

well with probably the exact d pairing as last year.....

Kronwall Big E

DD Smith

Q Kindl

Lashoff

Wings better hope for a health hungry Weiss and Z and D or most nights Howie will be crucified and we lose 21-2

f*** Ken Holland...if any of you defend this guy, then you are just as much re-re that he is...

I am done. This ******* idiot has lost it. He should be fired right now. I will not watch this garbage anymore. I have put too much into this as a fan. Z should ask for a trade today. His talents are wasted here. Hey, its ok, we'll get Cleary and Alfie...