• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Quincey re-signed by DET. 2 yr s $4.25 mill AAV

Rate this topic

This is a broken record, but if Pav and Z have a healthy year and Weiss doesn't turn out to be a bust we have a pretty good set of forwards with the young kids and if we do make a trade we should have a better team this year.

Two seasons ago we came within a single goal of beating the Stanley Cup winners. Last year was s***ty, but look at our injuries we had. We're not as bad as people think.

IF

edit: Another IF would be: IF Ken Holland didn't sign Dan Cleary last year, we could have either had Tatar playing or Nyquist up. Which over the 1st quarter stretch probably would have given us another 2 or 3 wins, which would have gotten us the Pens instead of the Bruins. A lot of If seem to be surrounding his decision making.

I agree. There is no trade out there that can take us to another level. At this point just leave thing alone.

There are trades out, our GM is just to big of a useless **** to actually make a good one.

Edited by ben_usmc

IF

bingo not going to happen and I don't trust our defense we need Verbata id take him over Alfie we need someone younger and can produce well he did very good last year with Yotes

Id be ok with this

Z Dats Verbata

Franzen Weiss Goose

Tats Shehan Jurco

Abby Helm Glendening/Miller

Edited by sjr2012

This is a broken record, but if Pav and Z have a healthy year and Weiss doesn't turn out to be a bust we have a pretty good set of forwards with the young kids and if we do make a trade we should have a better team this year.

Two seasons ago we came within a single goal of beating the Stanley Cup winners. Last year was s***ty, but look at our injuries we had. We're not as bad as people think.

I get what your saying but unfortunately teams have gotten better around us and we have stayed pat so I think that's why people are freaking out.

To quote Tommy Boy "Youre either growing, or you're dying. There ain't no 3rd direction".

I’d be lobbying for a complete fire-sale/rebuild but Holland is so cold and useless right now he probably wouldn’t get much more than a 3rd rounder for Datsyuk.

I do think there’s some sort of GM collusion going on out there though in which it’s quietly understood that no one helps Detroit out and to bleed Holland for everything he’s worth. It may even extend to player agents as well.

I leave to go to the gym for an hour and a half and I come back to this s***?! What the hell is Kenny's problem? This guy is absolute trash and you give him a raise? I'd rather they just play the kids than sign this waste of space. Kenny needs to be fired. NOT PROMOTED. Promotions are for people who actually earn it by doing well in their previous position. I can't stand this anymore. I know I'm spoiled because I am only 25 and missed the dead wings years, but I've never been more embarrassed to say I'm a Wings fan. I wish I could be as horrible at my job as Kenny and Kyle here and not get fired, or better yet get a raise..must be nice.!

So...

Are we supposed to let Chris Ilitch know how upset we are about this?

At what point do we voice our displeasure? Our beloved Winged Wheel is being run into the ground by a buffoon.

THIS. The only way to make something happen is to let ownership know how displeased the fan-base is. Sometimes ownership doesn't understand that the manager is making poor moves.

I've been on the road most of the day and just got in to see what the Wings did today.

So uh, what? We bolster the defense by giving one of our problematic defenders a raise and bring in Porter?

I really don't even know what to say looking at what happened today.