• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

When will we know about Alfie? (Legwand signed w. Sens)

Rate this topic

I wanted to bring Alfie back, but I'd feel bad doing so at this point. He doesn't owe us anything and we have nothing to really offer him in terms of giving him a chance to win a Cup. The guy can still contribute and lead and he deserves a shot to win. I honestly hope he's able to find an option that gives him a better chance to win, for his sake. It sucks, I'd love to have him on our team, but I just think a player like him deserves one last chance to really go for it.

We already know what will happen.

Samuelsson-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Legwand-Bertuzzi

Calder-Williams-Alfredsson

Leino-Emmerton-Cleary

Don't forget Hussey-Langfield-Ellis magic trio and Corry Corss at the D.

Completely forgot Calder played for us.

Samuelsson-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Legwand-Bertuzzi

Leino-Emmerton-Cleary

Quincey-Delmore

Lebda-Woolley

Lashoff-Kindl

"I don't know why they're not coming here"

That line up sucks. Maybe they can win a bingo match

I seriously think Nill will poach Alfie away to Dallas...they, right now have a ay better lineup. From front to back...

That being said, I would sure like to have Legwand back. If we are just going to go with nobody new this year and let our current kids develop, I think a leader like Legwand would help out. Especially the overpayment #firekenholland paid for him. Not saying Alfie isn't a good leader, but like I said, I think he will go to Dallas afterall, if he is healthy that is. It would be nice to have Legwand signed up when that decision on Alfie comes down.

Not that I really care too much until #firekenholland is, well, fired or resigns...

Samuelsson-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Legwand-Bertuzzi

Leino-Emmerton-Cleary

Quincey-Delmore

Lebda-Woolley

Lashoff-Kindl

Forgot Meetch

Wait a minute, wasn't the Legwand trade supposed to be good because "he is a sure signing this offseason". Why exacly is he "good as gone"? So we really did trade Jarnkrok for a 20 game rental to get us to a first round knockout?

To make the playoffs and keep the streak alive. NOTE: Please don't shoot the messenger. (Hint: I'm the messenger).

To the OP question, when will be know about Legwand? Pretty sure we knew just as soon as he was playing on the 4th line.

Wait a minute, wasn't the Legwand trade supposed to be good because "he is a sure signing this offseason". Why exacly is he "good as gone"? So we really did trade Jarnkrok for a 20 game rental to get us to a first round knockout?

dont forget eaves!

that guy can still play wing.

dallas thinks so.

Though we didnt exactly improve so far this off season, we didnt regress any either. This is a playoff team for sure, especially if we stay healthy.

The plan for Legwand was never to resign. He was an emergency pickup when it was thought Helm would not be back (I think he came back a week later). But hes a goner.

Mixed feelings on Alfie. Dude can play, and put up points, but hes getting old. Tough call, but I think we sign him.

Samuelsson-Lang-Franzen

Hudler-Legwand-Bertuzzi

Leino-Emmerton-Cleary

Quincey-Delmore

Lebda-Woolley

Lashoff-Kindl

Every "Fire Ken Holland" thread should include this post. lol What a waste of money.

Guest DeGraa55

I actually wouldn't mind legwand beig back he is the one UFA I wanted back most....

I seriously think Nill will poach Alfie away to Dallas...they, right now have a ay better lineup. From front to back...

That being said, I would sure like to have Legwand back. If we are just going to go with nobody new this year and let our current kids develop, I think a leader like Legwand would help out. Especially the overpayment #firekenholland paid for him. Not saying Alfie isn't a good leader, but like I said, I think he will go to Dallas afterall, if he is healthy that is. It would be nice to have Legwand signed up when that decision on Alfie comes down.

Not that I really care too much until #firekenholland is, well, fired or resigns...

Alfredsson says it's Detroit or retirement. Doubt he moves to Dallas.

He's as good as gone because the Wings didn't offer him a contract. And I'm pretty sure they said he wasn't coming back the week we were eliminated.

I'd like to have Legwand back, too, but there's just no room for him.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Helm-Glendening/Andersson/Cleary (Inevitably)

Where would Legwand fit? He'd most likely take Jurco's spot, as a third-liner. And for whatever reason, Babcock dumped him on the fourth line when the playoffs hit. Babcock's use of players boggles my mind sometimes.

Actually, looking at that lineup, I think our top six could use some work. We do need that winger after all.

It's funny Kenny won't let Quincey go because he gave up a 1st rounder for him, yet he will not re-sign Legwand who he basically offered up a similar package for....

It is not just that. Cleary won't sign with Detroit unless Quincey is on the team. Kenny signed Quincy so Cleary will agree to sign with the Red Wings.

It is not just that. Cleary won't sign with Detroit unless Quincey is on the team. Kenny signed Quincy so Cleary will agree to sign with the Red Wings.

Both with NTC's[/quote

No. Not ever.

As of last night, Toronto among the interested teams awaiting word from David Legwand following contract offer.

Seriously? Has anyone looked at http://capgeek.com/mapleleafs/ and they want to add Legwand? They'll have to give him a 3 or 4 year deal, to go along with the mess they already have. The Leafs management doesn't have a clue about the cap!