Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

Yeah..but no

#142 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

thankfully the players are made of sterner stuff than some of the "fans" are....

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#143 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I love how this thread has been reactivated from the depths after 5 games, the Wings are 3-1-1 without their best player, have gone toe to toe with 2 of the best teams in the league, look incredibly energetic and speedy, and have a tremendous PK. 

Whats not to like? 

Screw the 'experts'. They're not the ones out there on the ice. And so far, I like what i've seen (outside of the first two periods of Wednesdays game, but even then we got a point out of it)

Edited by wings4thecup06, 20 October 2014 - 03:13 PM.

temp 1

#144 Praying Mantha

Praying Mantha

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I love how this thread has been reactivated from the depths after 5 games, the Wings are 3-1-1 without their best player, have gone toe to toe with 2 of the best teams in the league, look incredibly energetic and speedy, and have a tremendous PK. 

Whats not to like? 

Screw the 'experts'. They're not the ones out there on the ice. And so far, I like what i've seen (outside of the first two periods of Wednesdays game, but even then we got a point out of it)

Exactly. We are one blown call away from being undefeated thru 5 games against top half teams. Let's tank it.

#145 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Whats not to like? 

I also love that Quincey has been a positive contribution to the teams success. Especially on the PK.

#146 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

Exactly. We are one blown call away from being undefeated thru 5 games against top half teams. Let's tank it.

Undefeated through regulation I think you mean. We did lose in a shootout.

#147 Praying Mantha

Praying Mantha

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Undefeated through regulation I think you mean. We did lose in a shootout.

Yes. I mean no zero point games. Sorry, Euro Twins. My bad.

#148 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

But how we will get McDavid or Eichel if we don't tank? HOW???

#149 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yes. I mean no zero point games. Sorry, Euro Twins. My bad.

No harm no foul. We've played well and that's all I can ask. The wings seem to be putting more 60 minute efforts in this year so far then they did last year.

#150 Praying Mantha

Praying Mantha

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

No harm no foul. We've played well and that's all I can ask. The wings seem to be putting more 60 minute efforts in this year so far then they did last year.

Yes. Seems better this year, right?

#151 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Yes. Seems better this year, right?

I think not having over the hill vets that fall down everywhere helps a lot.

#152 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 PM

I guess I was in the huge minority this offseason thinking we had a very good hockey team. Holland, stayed away from overpaying for UFA's, and built a team with a lot of depth. I'm not surprised we're 4-1-2.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#153 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:22 PM

I guess I was in the huge minority this offseason thinking we had a very good hockey team. Holland, stayed away from overpaying for UFA's, and built a team with a lot of depth. I'm not surprised we're 4-1-2.

The problem is after our first line we have no depth. We have lots of 3/4 line forwards and we have kronner. Dk and Smith look pretty good so far. But the rest is meh.

#154 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 PM

Holland deserves credit for building organizational depth through the draft, but make no mistake he tried to overpay for UFA's and just failed. Whether you think that worked out for the better is another story. He overpaid for Quincey anyways, so that has to count.

The Wings still need a top four d-man and goal-scoring winger. They didn't attempt to sign Niskanen, Boyle and Ehrhoff because they thought they were set there. While I am impressed with their start so far, it doesn't change what is needed to get to the next level yet.

Edited by GoWings1905, Yesterday, 04:37 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."