Photo
- - - - -

Wings sign Andy Miele (former Hobey Baker winner)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

1 year deal

http://www.mlive.com..._forward_1.html

Not a bad signing for the Griffins. Seems to be a pretty solid player.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 02 July 2014 - 07:58 PM.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

A second team AHL all-star who couldn't crack Phoenix's lineup for more than 7 games.  I have no feelings about this guy, nice for GR, I guess.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Anyone else think a trade involving GR prospects are coming? We've signed a lot of these guys lately. 

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

We usually do every summer.  We released a few Grand Rapids players a few days ago, and these are just their replacements.  Glendening-style signings that are destined for the AHL unless they surprise management and fill a much needed role.  Which I don't think Porter or Miele do.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Are we going for the Calder Cup??

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#6 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

He actually had really good college and AHL numbers. Maybe the Wings think they can capitalize where the Coyotes couldn't. 

#7 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Are we going for the Calder Cup??

Since Blashill took over down there, the answer is yes.  That hasn't been the case with our coaches in the past who haven't done much with the talent they have been given.  A strong farm system is just as valuable as a strong NHL team.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#8 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

Anyone else think a trade involving GR prospects are coming? We've signed a lot of these guys lately. 

No, they are filling holes on the roster, especially at C, where the Griffs were quite weak following the departure of Emmerton, Jarnkrok etc.

Miele is a ppg AHL player, I expect he'll be the 1C with Mantha/Jurco and Pulkinen on his wings

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#9 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Grosse Pointe North baby! Thats 2 in 4 months (Legwand).

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#10 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Given the departure of Emmerton and Jarnkrok...I would have thought Janmark would play in GR.   He signed to play in Sweden though...

#11 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Saw this guy at Yotes training camp, not that impressive... I don't see him cracking the Wings roster unless Blash can work some magic (which is possible).

#12 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

If anything, this guy will be a force on a very strong Griffins team.  Especially if Jurco is playing with the big club.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain