• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Honestly I have become unaware of what happened to Derek.  I was familiar with him in his younger years.  Back in the day he was a bigger, respectable defensemen with som offensive upside.  At one point he was a pretty desirable guy, even moreso than Niskinin is now.  Injury? bad teams?  loose his drive?  I appreciate any viewpoint.

#2 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Morris has had injury issues, but I'm not sure what else would make them shy away from him.  I can say that I feel they would have signed him over Quincey if they were going to get him at all.  Holland will always go with the guy who has the experience within the organization.  

I think the only option they have to better the defense now is through a trade.  So you're looking at guys like Mike Green, Tyler Myers, Keith Yandle, Cody Franson, Jeff Petry, Johnny Boychuk, Dustin Byfuglien, 

If I were a betting man, I'd say they go hard after Green and Myers.... most likely landing Green (if they land anyone at all).

#3 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Obviously Morris doesn't hold the luster of the players that Holland lost out on, but I think he could still make the team better. Find a way to dump Kindl in a trade, then sign Morris. He won't cost much more than Kindl, but would be a definite upgrade. Gives them some more experience, a RH shot and someone a little more willing to be physical.

I really hope Holland doesn't pull the trigger on trading for guys like Green or Myers...

#4 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

I would want Yandle or Boychuk at this point. So I'm pretty much a sad panda.... :nervous:

#5 tonto

tonto

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I actually know derek from when i lived in sylvan lake. He has a hard shot and always protects his team. Unfortunately he had some injuries recently along with family stuff. Family comes first!
I think alot has to do with what happened in columbus when his slapshot got deflected.

He's talkin to several teams and one team is vancouver btw

Edited by tonto, 13 July 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#6 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Wings don't need a 3rd pair guy

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#7 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

I don't think he's that on this team. I'm not interested either though. Only on a cheap 1-year would my head turn.

#8 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Well we kind of do, considering lashoff or kindl shouldnt be in the NHL

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#9 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

This. If Quincey wasn't signed, I would have taken Morris as someone to stabilise one of the kids, but it would be pointless to grab him now.

#10 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'd much rather see Marchenko or Ouellet than a free agent that's still out there

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!