• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pondrocket

WHY NOT DEREK MORRIS

Rate this topic

Honestly I have become unaware of what happened to Derek. I was familiar with him in his younger years. Back in the day he was a bigger, respectable defensemen with som offensive upside. At one point he was a pretty desirable guy, even moreso than Niskinin is now. Injury? bad teams? loose his drive? I appreciate any viewpoint.

Morris has had injury issues, but I'm not sure what else would make them shy away from him. I can say that I feel they would have signed him over Quincey if they were going to get him at all. Holland will always go with the guy who has the experience within the organization.

I think the only option they have to better the defense now is through a trade. So you're looking at guys like Mike Green, Tyler Myers, Keith Yandle, Cody Franson, Jeff Petry, Johnny Boychuk, Dustin Byfuglien,

If I were a betting man, I'd say they go hard after Green and Myers.... most likely landing Green (if they land anyone at all).

Obviously Morris doesn't hold the luster of the players that Holland lost out on, but I think he could still make the team better. Find a way to dump Kindl in a trade, then sign Morris. He won't cost much more than Kindl, but would be a definite upgrade. Gives them some more experience, a RH shot and someone a little more willing to be physical.

I really hope Holland doesn't pull the trigger on trading for guys like Green or Myers...

I actually know derek from when i lived in sylvan lake. He has a hard shot and always protects his team. Unfortunately he had some injuries recently along with family stuff. Family comes first!

I think alot has to do with what happened in columbus when his slapshot got deflected.

He's talkin to several teams and one team is vancouver btw

Edited by tonto