• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Favorite Ken Holland Catchphrase / Quote

Rate this topic

Favorite Ken Holland Catchphrase / Quote  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

It makes me a bit nervous that we took leftovers with both our first rounders.

That's one way to look at it... :eh:

You certainly do have a penchant for spinning a positive into a negative... Only you would be "nervous" with us taking the 3rd-4th ranked prospect at 6, and the 10th-12th ranked prospect at 30...

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's one way to look at it... :eh:

You certainly do have a penchant for spinning a positive into a negative... Only you would be "nervous" with us taking the 3rd-4th ranked prospect at 6, and the 10th-12th ranked prospect at 30...

Zadina was #2 behind Rasmus Dahlin on the Red Wings draft chart. That's been confirmed.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm still curious as to how much it cost for the 'blackmarket'  Red Wings Zadina  jersey the staff purchased in the parking lot during the commercial break?

They couldn't have brought one with them from Detroit - knowing that Zadina would fall onto their lap - could they?

:rolleyes:

Somewhere there's a Red Wings staffers kid wearing a draft day Hughes sweater

Glad we didn't draft that no jaw line, walmart wolverine, twig boi

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zadina was #2 behind Rasmus Dahlin on the Red Wings draft chart. That's been confirmed.

Yeah, I heard that as well (although I disagree with them having him ahead of Svechnikov...), but I was more so talking about the consensus around the league / scouts, not Detroit specifically.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Trust me, I want to be ecstatic.  But I've learned to be cautious about things that are too goid to be true falling into my lap.  There is normally a catch.  I'm thinking Veleno's "lower body" injury from a year and a half back might be a little more serious than what our scouts projected it to be.  Exceptional status > High First Rounder > Mid First Rounder > passed up with 15 or so picks until Holland calls his name = Why?  Something is off there.  As far as Zadina goes, less nervous about that.  Players in the 3-9 range all had pretty equal value, so we probably just benefited slightly from 3, 4, and 5 drafting for need rather than BPA.

If you want to be cautiously optimistic about Veleno that's completely fine, but I'm ecstatic with that pick. I was hoping we'd trade up into the middle of the first to grab him if he were still on the board in the 15-20 range. It turns out we didn't need to. I'm not sure why you'd be worried about a "lower body" injury from a year and a half ago when he's played great hockey and put up solid numbers for a solid year since then. There's nothing "off" with him falling, other than each team having one player ranked above him. Very talented young players fall in the draft every single year, only to go on to make several teams that passed on them, regret their decision. This is no exception. He will be a highly skilled top 6 center in a few years. Mark it.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

It makes me a bit nervous that we took leftovers with both our first rounders.

Every hot chick is someone's leftovers.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Somewhere there's a Red Wings staffers kid wearing a draft day Hughes sweater

Glad we didn't draft that no jaw line, walmart wolverine, twig boi

They're holding on to it for next year. All they have to do is remove the 8's from it.

From the Athletic article about Holland stepping aside for Yzerman

When explaining why he did it, he pointed to the chest of the person asking the question. It’s for the logo that would go right there on the hockey sweater. He faced a moment when he could dig in and try to keep his current position or he could try to find a solution that put the franchise first.

He thought of all the times he called players into his office and asked them to change the way they played. Or asked them to spend more time in Grand Rapids for the good of the team. Or maybe take a little less money to add another player under the salary cap.

For years, he has been asking people around him to make sacrifices for the Red Wings. This was his turn.

“It’s about the fan base. It’s about the franchise,” he said. “It’s about the team, it’s about the crest, it’s about the logo. Me sliding aside, is about the logo. It’s about what’s best for the franchise.

With all the Yzerman hype, appreciation for Holland kinda got lost in the shuffle. Thanks for stepping aside for Stevie Ken, and for the last 20+ years of Wings hockey.

I get the feeling Ken isn't going to Seattle after reading this bit from the Athletic...

Write in. Whatever he says at his final press conference. 

PS this place is as barren as the new housing developments around LCA. 

Edited by rwing