• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Hockey News: Red Wings ‘D’ hunting

Rate this topic

How come Brent Seabrook is not getting mentioned anywhere as a possible target? His game has come down some, but he only has 2 yrs left on his contract. I would rather have him at 2 yrs 5.9 than most of the contracts other dmen just received. RHed and a huge upgrade over anything we currently have. The Hawks are in need of shedding a bigger contract.

How come Brent Seabrook is not getting mentioned anywhere as a possible target? His game has come down some, but he only has 2 yrs left on his contract. I would rather have him at 2 yrs 5.9 than most of the contracts other dmen just received. RHed and a huge upgrade over anything we currently have. The Hawks are in need of shedding a bigger contract.

Even in a different conference the hawks won't trade with us. Avs type rivalries come and go, but hawk hatred is for life.

I keep wondering why we don't throw something at Chicago for Hjalmersson. The hawks are 2.5 million over the cap. We take Hjalmersson for Kindl and a pick and the CBH are cap compliant and we are MUCH better defensively.

The Caps are in the same spot, having 8 D signed with the ridiculous Orpik signing. John Carlsson or Karl Alzer are both upgrades over Kindl......and if we wanted to be bold, we could take Green for the last year of his contact.

Some teams need to shed players or salaries. If Holland had any sense he would be going to the cap exhausted teams and try to pick cherries. Then again, we still have Franzen, pay Q more than Erhoff and haven't resigned Tatar so my faith is waning.

I keep wondering why we don't throw something at Chicago for Hjalmersson. The hawks are 2.5 million over the cap. We take Hjalmersson for Kindl and a pick and the CBH are cap compliant and we are MUCH better defensively.

The Caps are in the same spot, having 8 D signed with the ridiculous Orpik signing. John Carlsson or Karl Alzer are both upgrades over Kindl......and if we wanted to be bold, we could take Green for the last year of his contact.

Some teams need to shed players or salaries. If Holland had any sense he would be going to the cap exhausted teams and try to pick cherries. Then again, we still have Franzen, pay Q more than Erhoff and haven't resigned Tatar so my faith is waning.

Well I have no idea if hjalmersson is RFA or not, but if ur referring to a trade with the hawks, it'll never happen with us.

Red Wings and Hawks doing a trade ? Never!

That's also why a guy like Seabrook would never sign here even if he becomes UFA and we throw a lot of money at him.

I just went to the Winnipeg forum and from what I've read it seems like Cheveldayoff is a poor version of Holland (reluctant to lose a trade, not willing to take risks and doesn't change too much), so I think this two teams would be horrible trade partners. Although Trouba, Scheifele, and especially Bogosian, Wheeler would be really nice pieces.

I still think the only remaining options, which make sense are Tyler Myers or Keith Yandle. If their asking prices are too high stay pat and gun for a great draftpick in an excellent draft class.

That's also why a guy like Seabrook would never sign here even if he becomes UFA and we throw a lot of money at him.

I just went to the Winnipeg forum and from what I've read it seems like Cheveldayoff is a poor version of Holland (reluctant to lose a trade, not willing to take risks and doesn't change too much), so I think this two teams would be horrible trade partners. Although Trouba, Scheifele, and especially Bogosian, Wheeler would be really nice pieces.

I still think the only remaining options, which make sense are Tyler Myers or Keith Yandle. If their asking prices are too high stay pat and gun for a great draftpick in an excellent draft class.

The Jets have got a ton of talent, they just seem lacking when it comes to putting it all together. After Maurice was hired they seemed to start figuring things out, but it was a bit of too little too late.

Guest Playmaker

Right, its not like we'd ever trade for a despised Chicago native and icon in Chris Chelios and then have him stay in Detroit for years and work for the Red Wings or anything ;) That would never happen!

As much as I'd love him on our team, the Hawks are not going to be moving Hjalmersson. ($4.1 through 18-19)

They're only two and change million over the cap.

It's more likely that Versteeg ($2.2) or Rozsival ($2.2) would be moved.

As much as I'd love him on our team, the Hawks are not going to be moving Hjalmersson. ($4.1 through 18-19)

They're only two and change million over the cap.

It's more likely that Versteeg ($2.2) or Rozsival ($2.2) would be moved.

I'll be mad if they manage to move Bickell

Why would the Hawks move good top players just because they are $2 million over the cap? It'd be smarter to just more a cheaper replaceable player. I never understood where the Hossa trade rumors started, for instance.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Why would the Hawks move good top players just because they are $2 million over the cap? It'd be smarter to just more a cheaper replaceable player. I never understood where the Hossa trade rumors started, for instance.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

They'd destroy their depth and get into waiver trouble once injuries started

Last season, Buff scored 56 points in 78 games, 256 shots, 213 hits and 80 blocked shots. For someone that plays that physical, still managed under 100 PIM.

Just saying, heavy point shot PP guy that rips it on net a LOT, will take the body and put up points like a top 6 forward, i'll take him in a second. Sounds like he has a lot of attributes we were severely lacking last season, especially in playoffs.

Last season, Buff scored 56 points in 78 games, 256 shots, 213 hits and 80 blocked shots. For someone that plays that physical, still managed under 100 PIM.

Just saying, heavy point shot PP guy that rips it on net a LOT, will take the body and put up points like a top 6 forward, i'll take him in a second. Sounds like he has a lot of attributes we were severely lacking last season, especially in playoffs.

I heard he's good at hot dog eating competitions too!

There were only 33 people with 100+ PIM last year league wide, the leader was Sestito with 213. Staying under 100 PIM isn't much of an accomplishment. He was second on the Jets in PIM, was far and away their worst +/- player, took 38 minor penalties (5 more than KFQ).

BTW in 97-98, 121 players had 100+ PIM, Brashear had the most at 372.