• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

What's the story with Byfuglien? He seems absolutely perfect, but there isn't a mad rush to get him, and he wasn't tops on our list of targets. He was great for Chicago a few years ago. Has he dropped off? Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe he's dropped off. I think the Jets just suck.

He'd come with some baggage, but the guy would be a fantastic add.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Personally, I like out team  :baby:

Day 4 and still no significant signing. Yikes

My wish: A healthy roster

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Personally, I like out team  :baby:

Day 4 and still no significant signing. Yikes

There are no significant UFAs left.

That's why this is a thread about trading for a D man, not signing one.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

First of all, Babs wouldn't put up with Byfuglien's s***, not that I'm aware there is any baggage to be had with him.... I've never heard of any issues of him being an issue.  Second of all, that'd be a huge gain for our D line and our offense from the back end.

#25 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Well if a trade happens you can bet Sheahan or Jurco are gone. I'd rather see what our younger guys can do and wait and go after UFA's again next year. One defenseman doesn't suddenly thrust us in Stanley Cup talks...let's be serious.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

I don't think they part with Jurco.  He's the big bodied power forward every team wants.  Sheahan was just signed, and Holland doesn't do sign and trades.  It's gotta be Tatar, Kindl, Andersson, maybe Helm, who while he's an impact player might be slightly redundant now that we have Sheahan.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

I don't think they part with Jurco.  He's the big bodied power forward every team wants.  Sheahan was just signed, and Holland doesn't do sign and trades.  It's gotta be Tatar, Kindl, Andersson, maybe Helm, who while he's an impact player might be slightly redundant now that we have Sheahan.

I don't think they'd part with Sheahan either, unless the return was really really good. A big bodied centre who has good hands and playmaking ability. These guys don't grow on trees. And like you said, he just got a new deal. 

temp 1

#28 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Probably next year would be a better time to make a trade. Our forwards will be worth more and we'll have a much better idea what our young d men can do. Around the league the only guys teams want from us is Nyquist, Mantha and our third line

#29 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Byuflin would make this offseason disaster complete, fat, overweight coachkiller with a questionable dedication to the game...rather sign no one than trading for him or a guy like Green. Oilers are trying hard to fix their own d why should they trade Petry?

Thank God someone is saying it.

#30 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Something needs to be done, I will get an ulcer if I have to watch this s***ty defensive corps with no new additions for an entire season.

#31 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

I fully expect Marchenko to be on the roster next season replacing Kindl or Lashoff.

Smith-Kronwall

DeKeyser-Ericsson

Marchnko-Quincey

or

DeKeyser-Marchenko

Quincey-Ericsson.

#32 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

made trading partners with the preds last year. i like ryan ellis. rafalski type

i dont understand why no ones looking at volchenkov anymore. couple years ago everyone was ready to throw the bank at this guy, ufa sure has injury problems, which red wing doesnt? id gladly take him over lashoff and kindl combined

#33 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

I fully expect Marchenko to be on the roster next season replacing Kindl or Lashoff.

Smith-Kronwall

DeKeyser-Ericsson

Marchnko-Quincey

or

DeKeyser-Marchenko

Quincey-Ericsson.

Because we like to never get out of our own zone. 

#34 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Smith-Kronwall

DeKeyser-Ericsson

Marchnko-Quincey

or

DeKeyser-Marchenko

Quincey-Ericsson.

The most important thing is that our top four is kronwall smith dekeyser Ericsson idc who is paired with who. Just as long as Quincey is in the bottom with kindl! Then we can have some comedy everytime they're in the ice!!

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Found this in a Google search: http://www.talk-spor...ustin_Byfuglien

An entire forum devoted to hating Byfuglien. I don't get it. He has a fitness problem. Or did, I don't know if he still does. But I see things like "rapper wannabe" and "rap sheet" which makes me wonder if its some weird race-based judgement. I mean, his rap sheet is what, a drunken boating charge? He doesn't seem that bad to me. Especially if he is turning his fitness level around.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

An entire forum devoted to hating Byfuglien. I don't get it. He has a fitness problem. Or did, I don't know if he still does. But I see things like "rapper wannabe" and "rap sheet" which makes me wonder if its some weird race-based judgement. I mean, his rap sheet is what, a drunken boating charge? He doesn't seem that bad to me. Especially if he is turning his fitness level around.

Too fat

#37 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Agree, and I think Helm would be an attractive piece in Winnipeg's eyes. Though, I'd always hoped he'd be part of a Bogosian deal, not a Byfuglien one.

I remember the fitness issues, but I agree with the race-based judgement stuff. That really seems to have no bearing on his play on the ice.

Too fat

If he really is a rap artist, I do believe it would be "2Phat".

#38 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Buff is not what the d needs. He is, however, what Detroit area restaurants need. Maybe if he came cheap and moved to wing full time.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#39 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

He's not fat, he just has curves.

#40 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

He's not fat, he just has curves.

cartman.jpg

Edited by DickieDunn, 04 July 2014 - 05:15 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!