• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Holland trading for Defense this year will be just like last years Holland trading to get rid of the glut of forwards...it just never happens. Holland washed his hands of free

agency when he re-signed Quincey. It was his way of saying there we're set. Every year whether at the trade deadline or free agency we wait for a big move and it just never comes.

I hope no one is waiting this year, it won't happen until we get a new GM.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#42 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

im-not-fat-i-just-have-a-sweet-hockey-bo

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Does his weight affect his game? Does he get passed easily? Is he abnormally slow? I guess I hear the fat accusations but no one seems to discuss his actual playing ability. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

By the way, 'D' hunting sounds like the PMS-version of a golf outing....

#45 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Does his weight affect his game? Does he get passed easily? Is he abnormally slow? I guess I hear the fat accusations but no one seems to discuss his actual playing ability. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't mind the guy - he's a good offensive defenseman/forward hybrid. Although, I think there are other serviceable options with less baggage.

#46 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

As long as his food expenses do not go against our salary cap it would be ok to have him on board.

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Fat fat fattyyyyyyyyyyyy

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

he will not trade for anyone. Considering he won't part with kids, or Helm, Franzen, Smith or Kindl...He talks a big game and lets everyone down... Heck Leisure Suit Larry has made better moves than #firekenholland...and has scored!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Btw Byflugien is fat

#50 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Does his weight affect his game? Does he get passed easily? Is he abnormally slow?

I guess I hear the fat accusations but no one seems to discuss his actual playing ability.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

He's fat and bad defensively. Like I said, if he moved to wing and was cheap, OK. On d or for a lot, no thanks.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#51 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

He's fat and bad defensively. Like I said, if he moved to wing and was cheap, OK. On d or for a lot, no thanks.

Disagree. With how fat he is he should be in net.

#52 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

How come Brent Seabrook is not getting mentioned anywhere as a possible target?  His game has come down some, but he only has 2 yrs left on his contract. I would rather have him at 2 yrs 5.9 than most of the contracts other dmen just received.  RHed and a huge upgrade over anything we currently have.  The Hawks are in need of shedding a bigger contract. 

#53 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

How come Brent Seabrook is not getting mentioned anywhere as a possible target?  His game has come down some, but he only has 2 yrs left on his contract. I would rather have him at 2 yrs 5.9 than most of the contracts other dmen just received.  RHed and a huge upgrade over anything we currently have.  The Hawks are in need of shedding a bigger contract. 

Even in a different conference the hawks won't trade with us. Avs type rivalries come and go, but hawk hatred is for life.

#54 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

I keep wondering why we don't throw something at Chicago for Hjalmersson. The hawks are 2.5 million over the cap. We take Hjalmersson for Kindl and a pick and the CBH are cap compliant and we are MUCH better defensively.
The Caps are in the same spot, having 8 D signed with the ridiculous Orpik signing. John Carlsson or Karl Alzer are both upgrades over Kindl......and if we wanted to be bold, we could take Green for the last year of his contact.
Some teams need to shed players or salaries. If Holland had any sense he would be going to the cap exhausted teams and try to pick cherries. Then again, we still have Franzen, pay Q more than Erhoff and haven't resigned Tatar so my faith is waning.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#55 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

I keep wondering why we don't throw something at Chicago for Hjalmersson. The hawks are 2.5 million over the cap. We take Hjalmersson for Kindl and a pick and the CBH are cap compliant and we are MUCH better defensively.
The Caps are in the same spot, having 8 D signed with the ridiculous Orpik signing. John Carlsson or Karl Alzer are both upgrades over Kindl......and if we wanted to be bold, we could take Green for the last year of his contact.
Some teams need to shed players or salaries. If Holland had any sense he would be going to the cap exhausted teams and try to pick cherries. Then again, we still have Franzen, pay Q more than Erhoff and haven't resigned Tatar so my faith is waning.

Well I have no idea if hjalmersson is RFA or not, but if ur referring to a trade with the hawks, it'll never happen with us.

#56 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

That would be a dream, Hjalmarsson is incredibly good.

#57 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

Red Wings and Hawks doing a trade ? Never!

That's also why a guy like Seabrook would never sign here even if he becomes UFA and we throw a lot of money at him.

I just went to the Winnipeg forum and from what I've read it seems like Cheveldayoff is a poor version of Holland (reluctant to lose a trade, not willing to take risks and doesn't change too much), so I think this two teams would be horrible trade partners. Although Trouba, Scheifele, and especially Bogosian, Wheeler would be really nice pieces.

I still think the only remaining options, which make sense are Tyler Myers or Keith Yandle. If their asking prices are too high stay pat and gun for a great draftpick in an excellent draft class.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#58 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

That's also why a guy like Seabrook would never sign here even if he becomes UFA and we throw a lot of money at him.

I just went to the Winnipeg forum and from what I've read it seems like Cheveldayoff is a poor version of Holland (reluctant to lose a trade, not willing to take risks and doesn't change too much), so I think this two teams would be horrible trade partners. Although Trouba, Scheifele, and especially Bogosian, Wheeler would be really nice pieces.

I still think the only remaining options, which make sense are Tyler Myers or Keith Yandle. If their asking prices are too high stay pat and gun for a great draftpick in an excellent draft class.

The Jets have got a ton of talent, they just seem lacking when it comes to putting it all together. After Maurice was hired they seemed to start figuring things out, but it was a bit of too little too late. 

temp 1

#59 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

never say never.....Chris Chelios for Anders Eriksson.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#60 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Right, its not like we'd ever trade for a despised Chicago native and icon in Chris Chelios and then have him stay in Detroit for years and work for the Red Wings or anything  ;)  That would never happen!