• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#61 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

As much as I'd love him on our team, the Hawks are not going to be moving Hjalmersson. ($4.1 through 18-19) 

They're only two and change million over the cap. 

It's more likely that Versteeg ($2.2) or Rozsival ($2.2) would be moved.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#62 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

As much as I'd love him on our team, the Hawks are not going to be moving Hjalmersson. ($4.1 through 18-19) 
They're only two and change million over the cap. 
It's more likely that Versteeg ($2.2) or Rozsival ($2.2) would be moved.

I'll be mad if they manage to move Bickell

#63 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

I'll be mad if they manage to move Bickell

He's their Franzen, no? 

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#64 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

He's their Franzen, no? 

Only without the hands.

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Why would the Hawks move good top players just because they are $2 million over the cap? It'd be smarter to just more a cheaper replaceable player. I never understood where the Hossa trade rumors started, for instance. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Why would the Hawks move good top players just because they are $2 million over the cap? It'd be smarter to just more a cheaper replaceable player. I never understood where the Hossa trade rumors started, for instance.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

They'd destroy their depth and get into waiver trouble once injuries started

#67 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

They'd destroy their depth and get into waiver trouble once injuries started

By moving one guy?

#68 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

By moving one guy?

They'd have to move multiple cheap replaceable players to free up 2 million

#69 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

They'd have to move multiple cheap replaceable players to free up 2 million

Oh sorry I thought you meant they would destroy their depth by moving one guy and bringing in a replacement from the minors lol

#70 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Last season, Buff scored 56 points in 78 games, 256 shots, 213 hits and 80 blocked shots. For someone that plays that physical, still managed under 100 PIM. 

Just saying, heavy point shot PP guy that rips it on net a LOT, will take the body and put up points like a top 6 forward, i'll take him in a second. Sounds like he has a lot of attributes we were severely lacking last season, especially in playoffs.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#71 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Last season, Buff scored 56 points in 78 games, 256 shots, 213 hits and 80 blocked shots. For someone that plays that physical, still managed under 100 PIM. 

Just saying, heavy point shot PP guy that rips it on net a LOT, will take the body and put up points like a top 6 forward, i'll take him in a second. Sounds like he has a lot of attributes we were severely lacking last season, especially in playoffs.

I heard he's good at hot dog eating competitions too!

#72 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

There were only 33 people with 100+ PIM last year league wide, the leader was Sestito with 213.  Staying under 100 PIM isn't much of an accomplishment.  He was second on the Jets in PIM, was far and away their worst +/- player, took 38 minor penalties (5 more than KFQ).  

BTW in 97-98, 121 players had 100+ PIM, Brashear had the most at 372.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#73 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

why the heck is Morris still unsigned? Is he just waiting to re-sign in Arizona? Come on, if we are D hunting, lets start with him!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#74 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

I heard he's good at hot dog eating competitions too!

No wonder he's so fat. He's Larry Murphy 2.0

#75 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

why the heck is Morris still unsigned?

He's old and a 3rd pair D.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#76 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

[quote name='DickieDunn' timestamp='1404586518' post='2530117']There were only 33 people with 100+ PIM last year league wide, the leader was Sestito with 213. Staying under 100 PIM isn't much of an accomplishment. He was second on the Jets in PIM, was far and away their worst +/- player, took 38 minor penalties (5 more than KFQ).

BTW in 97-98, 121 players had 100+ PIM, Brashear had the most at 372.

Aside from his +/- if he can put up numbers like that he should force feed the rest of our defense corps.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#77 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

i just feel like hes lazy slow gets winded and gives up on the play. not saying its a fact i have never solely watched him play. 

hes got some positives that we need though, his big body, physical play and killer shot.

does he play on the PK? can he actually play defense? block shots?

#78 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Is Del Zotto really so bad that he can't get a contract as a 24 year old Dman? To me he is pretty much Smith 2.0 in terms of style, size, and potential. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#79 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Is Del Zotto really so bad that he can't get a contract as a 24 year old Dman? To me he is pretty much Smith 2.0 in terms of style, size, and potential. 

He fell off under Tortorella, never got going under Vigneault, and then continued to flop for Trotz.  He'd be worth a flier on a one or two year low cap hit contract, but at this point he's a reclamation project.  he certainly has the skill to be a 2nd pairing guy, but he needs to get better in his own end and figure out how to fix whatever caused his offensive numbers to fall off.

#80 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

I think if anything happens it's going to be for Myers. I think it will be Jurco, Pulks, and a 1st.

Or Myers and some hack prospect for Jurco, Pulks, Kindl, and a first.

I'm not sure if I would want that to happen though.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 06 July 2014 - 01:27 PM.