• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Hockey News: Red Wings ‘D’ hunting

Rate this topic

This is just me being a fanboy. But I'm always ok with the idea of "going with Sproul". This kid is going to be the next Doughty. He was an absolute steal. Size, speed, shot, athleticism, smarts. I legitimately think he'll be a better player than Mantha even, but that's just me.

Anyway, back on topic. Green would help, but I'd definitely not trade too much to get him. AND it would be wise to dump salary where you could to offset the acquisition (Kindl and Andersson).

I think Sproul's going to be good too.

We have some legit D prospects and it's awesome. Which is precicely why, for once, I think they should stay buried in GRs for as long as possible.

I'm going to be pissed if they trade Jurco to get him. Of the top young forwards Tatar is the most expendable, but unless something else comes back with Green I don't want any of them traded. Washington won't want Kindl with the number of d they have, but Andersson and a pick plus a mid level prospect would be OK.

Edited by DickieDunn

Overpaying for Green and his injury history would be dumb. If Holland offers one of the top prospects or even Pulkinnen he needs to be fired. Can't pull another Legwand like trade..

Never been a fan of his lackluster defense but if you can get him for a good price might be worth a chance, although I'd rather have Myers.

Weiss needs a buddy to go to the year long rehab with him and somebody to get millions of dollars for sitting and watching hockey with him. Green will be perfect.

Edited by arag

This is just me being a fanboy. But I'm always ok with the idea of "going with Sproul". This kid is going to be the next Doughty. He was an absolute steal. Size, speed, shot, athleticism, smarts. I legitimately think he'll be a better player than Mantha even, but that's just me.

Anyway, back on topic. Green would help, but I'd definitely not trade too much to get him. AND it would be wise to dump salary where you could to offset the acquisition (Kindl and Andersson).

Apparently, the Caps wouldn't want Kindl back in a trade though as they need to shed a D, not acquire one. Per MLive... I'm assuming that Tatar would be the centrepiece and I'd give Andersson and a 4th as a trade. No more than that though as Green only has 1 year left on his contract and we're all over over-paying for rentals.

Apparently, the Caps wouldn't want Kindl back in a trade though as they need to shed a D, not acquire one. Per MLive... I'm assuming that Tatar would be the centrepiece and I'd give Andersson and a 4th as a trade. No more than that though as Green only has 1 year left on his contract and we're all over over-paying for rentals.

Tatar for Myers straight up is a NO. Let alone Andersson too. A lot of people on here are pegging Tatar a Hudler when the organization has been said to be grooming him as a Zetterberg.

Edit-I remember Mickey and Ken talking about it while discussing our future as our 2 main center pieces going forward are Tatar & Nyquist

Edited by 13dangledangle

Lol. I get it, you're trolling me. Good one.

Tatar for Myers straight up is a NO. Let alone Andersson too. A lot of people on here are pegging Tatar a Hudler when the organization has been said to be grooming him as a Zetterberg.

Edit-I remember Mickey and Ken talking about it while discussing our future as our 2 main center pieces going forward are Tatar & Nyquist

I think you're overestimating how good Tatar is going to be by a long way. He's more of a 60 point winger than a cornerstone of a franchise. Jurco Nyquist and Mantha all have the potential to be much better.

Guest DeGraa55

I've said that for days this isn't new news people just don't read.

I think you're overestimating how good Tatar is going to be by a long way. He's more of a 60 point winger than a cornerstone of a franchise. Jurco Nyquist and Mantha all have the potential to be much better.

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying but that just isn't the player I saw on the ice. If they trade him I hope you're right haha, if they don't obviously I hope wrong. All we need now is time, one of us will be feasting on crow

Friend of mine just sent me an sms with:

Dave Davis ‏@DaveDavisHockey 33 min
According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

So I guess that's some sort of Twitter-feed ? Anyway, if Murray wants Mantha I'd pray Kenny hangs up immediately.

Guest DeGraa55

Plus many of us block certain users posts so we can choose which to read....

I don't block anyone. I like reading everyone's post whether I agree or disagree it's good to get several peoples view points.

Friend of mine just sent me an sms with:

Dave Davis ‏@DaveDavisHockey 33 min

According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

So I guess that's some sort of Twitter-feed ? Anyway, if Murray wants Mantha I'd pray Kenny hangs up immediately.

I think the worrying thing here is that if Mantha is the highest valued prospect from our organisation, that means that anything below him could have been offered and potentially could be taken by the Sabres (i.e anyone, including guys like Jurco, Tatar, Sheahan).

I'm getting more nervous by the minute.