• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Tatar for Myers straight up is a NO. Let alone Andersson too. A lot of people on here are pegging Tatar a Hudler when the organization has been said to be grooming him as a Zetterberg.

Edit-I remember Mickey and Ken talking about it while discussing our future as our 2 main center pieces going forward are Tatar & Nyquist

I think you're overestimating how good Tatar is going to be by a long way. He's more of a 60 point winger than a cornerstone of a franchise. Jurco Nyquist and Mantha all have the potential to be much better.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#162 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Apparently, the Caps wouldn't want Kindl back in a trade though as they need to shed a D, not acquire one.  Per MLive...  I'm assuming that Tatar would be the centrepiece and I'd give Andersson and a 4th as a trade.  No more than that though as Green only has 1 year left on his contract and we're all over over-paying for rentals.

I've said that for days this isn't new news people just don't read.

#163 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

I think you're overestimating how good Tatar is going to be by a long way. He's more of a 60 point winger than a cornerstone of a franchise. Jurco Nyquist and Mantha all have the potential to be much better.

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying but that just isn't the player I saw on the ice. If they trade him I hope you're right haha, if they don't obviously I hope wrong. All we need now is time, one of us will be feasting on crow
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#164 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

I apologize. I skim most stuff that still includes buying out Franzen and firing Holland.

#165 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Plus many of us block certain users posts so we can choose which to read....

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#166 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Friend of mine just sent me an sms with:

Dave Davis ‏@DaveDavisHockey 33 min
According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

So I guess that's some sort of Twitter-feed ? Anyway, if Murray wants Mantha I'd pray Kenny hangs up immediately.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#167 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Plus many of us block certain users posts so we can choose which to read....

I don't block anyone. I like reading everyone's post whether I agree or disagree it's good to get several peoples view points.

#168 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Friend of mine just sent me an sms with:

Dave Davis ‏@DaveDavisHockey 33 min
According to Fox Sports Detroit, the big obstacle in a Tyler Myers trade to the Red Wings is that the Sabres want Anthony Mantha.

So I guess that's some sort of Twitter-feed ? Anyway, if Murray wants Mantha I'd pray Kenny hangs up immediately.

I think the worrying thing here is that if Mantha is the highest valued prospect from our organisation, that means that anything below him could have been offered and potentially could be taken by the Sabres (i.e anyone, including guys like Jurco, Tatar, Sheahan).

I'm getting more nervous by the minute.  

temp 1