• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Red Wings Target Mike Green

Rate this topic

Ya, and babs wants an offensive rh defenseman, he's been quoted saying so several times. We played more defensively because we have no choice. Our dmen can't move the puck out. Like I said we had rafalski lidstrom Stuart and kronwall before. If we got a guy like green dekeyser could stay back and make up for his mistakes and green could make our transition game so much better and put up a lot of points in the process. We would have 2 great pp qb's and two very good offensive dmen, and I guarantee we instantly become a much much better team

Soooo you're agreeing with me? I can't tell. I was arguing that Green would put up 55 points. aka be successful in our system.

Soooo you're agreeing with me? I can't tell. I was arguing that Green would put up 55 points. aka be successful in our system.

yes, I was agreeing with you, and just adding to what you were saying. Apparantly if a dman doesn't put up 60+ points he isn't very good according to some people...

and to those that want to reiterate, yes he isn't great defensively, but why should he have to be, like i said if he isn't spending much time in his own end, there's no need to worry about being amazing in his own end, that's what dekeyser/ericssonis for

I'd say if mike green comes to Detroit he will never put up over 55 pts. Detroit is a two way team and won't want it's defensemen taking to much risk to get points. Look at Smith they moved him to forward to use his offensive skills and kronwall has had to be conservative since Stuart left

If Mike Green comes to Detroit and puts up 40-55 points a season, that's fantastic and all they need. They'd expect him to develop his defensive game, much like they expected it of Bertuzzi and he improved in the twilight of his career, so it's not out of the question.

Kronwall hit 49 this past season. I dont think 55 for Mike Green is out of the question considering his skillset.

Agreed. He's comparable to a Rafalski or Schneider. Can put up 50 points especially with the opportunity he'll be given here.

I'm still trying to get my head around Tatar being nothing more then Hudler?! As soon as he got up to the big club he put on clinics on hard work & determination. You can see when Tatar is on the ice he wants to make something happen and usually did...He won the MVP when they won the Calder, the kid loves to win and it shows. Moving him, Nyquist, or Jurco are my bugga boos

I'm still trying to get my head around Tatar being nothing more then Hudler?! As soon as he got up to the big club he put on clinics on hard work & determination. You can see when Tatar is on the ice he wants to make something happen and usually did...He won the MVP when they won the Calder, the kid loves to win and it shows. Moving him, Nyquist, or Jurco are my bugga boos

I'm with you. Tatar was very impressive, especially considering it was his rookie season. He may be only 5'10", but he plays like he's 6'2"

Does it make the team better this year. Yep.

Does it address the shortcomings of a right handed shot on the PP. Yep

Does it upgrade our depth on defence. Yep

I honestly have never been a fan of Green but in the short term, while March, Sproul and XO are preparing for the leap to the NHL, I like it. We have 9 million + in salary cap space....It's a low risk, 1 year plug. I'm tired of a holland kicking tires.....drive the flippin car Holland!!!!

ok i havent seen this on this thread yet how about franzen and a pick for green? we all hate franzen, hes not producing but does have the potential to produce, caps get a decent player and a pick for a defensmen they might not be able to keep anyways.

I agree on Tatar. Beyond size and defensive shortcomings he is a really special player I feel. Nothing like Hudler except in those two characteristic (and perhaps a propensity to party). Tatar is a catalyst - he drives the play, make something from nothing, provides that spark, (and other cliches). It's that winning drive that you see in him that I think is actually rare. Babcock put as "one of the ones that drives the bus." at some point this past year.

ok i havent seen this on this thread yet how about franzen and a pick for green? we all hate franzen, hes not producing but does have the potential to produce, caps get a decent player and a pick for a defensmen they might not be able to keep anyways.

Honestly I think Franzen's long-term contract makes him a non-starter when it comes to trades. Sure it looks good in the next couple of years but when he gets to the back end of his 30's, could be a pain.

don't think they want franzen. I honestly don't think there is a team in the league who takes on that contract to be honest with you. Were stuck with franzen a long time my friend.

I really dont like green. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good but I guess that depends what they are asking. Though this helps pp and gives us a right handed defenseman it also gives us another defensive liability who is not responsible in his own zone. He had more giveaways than smith last year in less games. Also lets consider his durability... Last year he played 70 games but the three years prior he combined for 115 games played.

Maybe we trade helm for green and make bets on who plays more games? :-)

Edited by DangleDangleBeach

Pass on Green. He doesn't play D, he is injury prone, makes 6 mill per year. Right now we don't have the cap space to get him either. At 30 he isn't suddenly going to learn to play defense either. Yes he would help our PP and O when healthy. But we are already a team with injury issues for the past 3 seasons. We don't need to add another injury prone guy to the mix. Not to mention what it would cost to get him. Now if the Caps were willing to take Franzen and Kindl for Green, maybe I think about it. But I doubt they are that dumb.

Pass on Green. He doesn't play D, he is injury prone, makes 6 mill per year. Right now we don't have the cap space to get him either. At 30 he isn't suddenly going to learn to play defense either. Yes he would help our PP and O when healthy. But we are already a team with injury issues for the past 3 seasons. We don't need to add another injury prone guy to the mix. Not to mention what it would cost to get him. Now if the Caps were willing to take Franzen and Kindl for Green, maybe I think about it. But I doubt they are that dumb.

He has one year remaining on his contract and we have 10 mil in cap space.

You think it's better to leave the cap space wasted instead of using on a guy who could drastically turn around our PP and blueline?

He has one year remaining on his contract and we have 10 mil in cap space.

You think it's better to leave the cap space wasted instead of using on a guy who could drastically turn around our PP and blueline?

Depends on what the cost is.... It's understandable to be reluctant to relinquish Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, or Mantha. The offense is not exactly at it's best, and could be considered worse if they lose one of those guys.

Everybody realizes that just because a team asks for something in a trade doesn't mean they'll get it right? And also, even if they don't get it, that doesn't mean the trade won't happen?

Dallas just gave up a worse player than our young guys (Chaisson) for a better player than Green (Spezza) on an expiring contract. Why does anyone think that we'd give one of our young guns for a worse player than Spezza (Green) on a worse contract? Ken Holland has shown an unwillingness to be proactive in player acquisition. He has not shown symptoms of early onset Alzheimer's Disease.

They can ask all they want, they'll likely not get one of those guys in return. And that will likely not stop them from trading Green anyway. If they want to trade him to another team, one who IS willing to give top young talent for injury prone 2nd pair defensemen on expiring contracts, then more power to them. But I suspect finding GMs that stupid will prove more difficult than they think.

Caps are at the cap ceiling, have too many d men (Green being the odd man out), and he's on an expiring contract. He is a good player and a great fit, but the Wings should be the ones dictating the cost to get him here. A young, top six forward like Tats, Goose, or Jurco is absolute lunacy. Those names should not even be mentioned in negations. Our biggest problem is that it is common knowledge that we are in desperate need of a puck moving RH d man, and I think this is why we keep hearing that the Caps would want those players coming back.

I think that Andersson, Frk, and a 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he re-signs should suffice for a player that: 1 Isn't likely to re-sign with the Caps if he was to stay the whole season, and 2 Could potentially just be a rental for the Wings.

NO to Tatar, Jurco,Nyquist, Mantha OR Pulkkinen...OR a 1st rounder...ESPCIALLY next years!

I can be ok with a 2nd and a 5th...if this is indeed a salary dump, that should suffice. I like our top 25 prospects too much, especially the forwards. I suppose I could part with Callahan or Ferrao....maybe Janmark, but that is it, no further. If they wanted, I'd rather give them Andersson or Helm and just keep the draft pick(s.) If they didn't want Kindl as a throw-in, Andersson, 2nd round or Helm, 5th round. I keep my prospects, that is all we have touted the last 5 seasons and we already lost Jarnkrok for a rental, which would have stung less if Legwand would've re-signed.