• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Red Wings Target Mike Green

Rate this topic

If it's truly a salary dump, then Ferraro and a pick should do it...no higher than a 4th though, not in this deep draft. If they are going to be allowed to rape us (as per Gary Bettman) then I say screw it, no deal. LIke I said, I really don't want to give up any prospect, but if Ferraro gets it done...that would suck for him though, I know he knows its a business, but it sucks to put your time in and then get traded...but then again, if he gets to the NHL with Washington, there is definitely no room for him here this year,plus being out of exemptions... Mike Green better turn out what we need and he better re-sign. You think we could throw #kfq in for good measure? :lol:

@ArthurJRegner said #RedWings would like to move players like Landon Ferraro to #Capitals for Mike Green.

Annnnd, there goes that.

If Holland is able to trade for Green with Ferraro being the centerpiece and some draft picks I will renounce my will for him to be fired.

How do people not see how special this Jurco kid is going to be? He has a much higher ceiling than Tatar and I would possibly even consider trading Nyquist before Jurco. Kid is going to be unreal.

A lot of people like Tatar over Jurco because he has already shown he is capable of being a good player whereas Jurco projects to be a good player. A lot of people live in the here and now. I think it would be incredibly stupid if Holland got rid of either one.

How do people not see how special this Jurco kid is going to be? He has a much higher ceiling than Tatar and I would possibly even consider trading Nyquist before Jurco. Kid is going to be unreal.

^This, as much as I love Tatar and Nyquist, in reality Jurco has a higher ceiling than either, plus he has size and enough aggressiveness to use it effectively. I really don't think any of the three should be considered as part of a deal for an expiring contract, and I think both sides know that. Like someone said, Andersson, Ferraro, and a conditional pick should get this deal done, Andersson is the odd man out in our logjam at center, Ferraro doesn't have much of a chance of cracking the 23 man roster and has a better than 50/50 chance of getting claimed off waivers for nothing, and a 3rd rounder that turns into a second rounder in 2016 if Green re-signs with us. With as many lopsided deals as we've been on the wrong end of lately, it would be nice to get a fair deal like this for a change.

I would take some people's opinions with a grain of salt on here. Some users just a few days ago were talking about trading Datsyuk and Zetterberg, I won't mention any names but I'm sure we know the usual suspects.

I want another Cup with Z and D. Jurco's, what, 21? It'll probably be a couple years before he breaks out, and that's if he breaks out at all. We'd all like to see him become the next Hossa or Lucic, but that's probably not happening any time soon if at all. Not that I'd necessarily move him for Green. But, Nyquist is arguably a 30-goal scorer right now, and Tatar is arguably right there with him. Jurco's less of a "sure thing." It's certainty we're after. Green is a known. He's proven. We need someone like him, this season.

Yes Dabura, let's mortgage the future. For what? A year of Green? No, thanks!

Jurco, in my mind is much more of a sure thing than either of Nyquist or Tatar. You're right he is 21, 2-3 years younger than either of the other guys, and has accomplished much more than either at the same age. I'm not saying we should trade any of these guys, because I would be crushed if we lost Nyquist or Tatar but if I were to say that only one is untouchable, it would without question be Jurco, hands down...

I'm not worried though, Jurco isn't going anywhere.

It's almost like they're negotiating. Like, one side asks for something incredibly high. And then the other side counters with something incredibly low. And then they eventually work their way toward something palpable for each side. Hmmm....

Shhhh. That's crazy talk.

I want another Cup with Z and D. Jurco's, what, 21? It'll probably be a couple years before he breaks out, and that's if he breaks out at all. We'd all like to see him become the next Hossa or Lucic, but that's probably not happening any time soon if at all. Not that I'd necessarily move him for Green. But, Nyquist is arguably a 30-goal scorer right now, and Tatar is arguably right there with him. Jurco's less of a "sure thing." It's certainty we're after. Green is a known. He's proven. We need someone like him, this season.

We absolutely, positively, needed a top six center a year ago too. We got one, for a cost that wasn't worth it, and the move did nothing to help the team. We need to be wary about how far we're willing to go to fill a need.

I think Mike Green could help. But I'd be wary about giving too much for him. Because there's a thin line between need and want. The Wings have managed quite well without a right shooting PP quarterback in the past, and if the cost is too high they need to be willing to do so again. Missing out on FA has begun to turn the quest for a right defenseman into something messianic, and that worries me more than spending another down year letting the kids develop. Hell we've got people clambering for Jurco and/or Tatar to get traded for an expiring contract because we need it so bad. As if we don't need forwards with size, tenacity, and goal scoring potential, given that our current ones are getting old and injury prone.

We absolutely, positively, needed a top six center a year ago too. We got one, for a cost that wasn't worth it, and the move did nothing to help the team.

I wouldn't say getting Alfie and Weiss didn't help us last year. Tough to tell when our entire top 6 forwards were hurt at one point of the season or another and many for long stretches. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I wouldn't say getting Alfie and Weiss didn't help us last year. Tough to tell when our entire top 6 forwards were hurt at one point of the season or another and many for long stretches.

I was talking about Legwand, since he's the center we gave up assets to get.

Ferraro has no future here...Glendening and Callahan have passed him in the system so far as 4th "grit" players go...so he'd probably welcome a trade. If the Caps will take him and a pick (I agree that a 4th or maybe a 3rd) should do it. If the Caps insist on a guy like Tatar or Jurco, then I'll say no thanks and take my chances that Marchenko is ready to be a puck moving RH defenseman.

Ferraro has no future here...Glendening and Callahan have passed him in the system so far as 4th "grit" players go...so he'd probably welcome a trade. If the Caps will take him and a pick (I agree that a 4th or maybe a 3rd) should do it. If the Caps insist on a guy like Tatar or Jurco, then I'll say no thanks and take my chances that Marchenko is ready to be a puck moving RH defenseman.

traded our 3rd

It's funny how a certain user (won't mention any name) cannot come on here without attacking others with snide remarks. There are three ways of going about this team, rebuild, retool or go for it. Go for it means, get the high end players you need NOW and try to win NOW, retool is to keep a core group of players and try to keep competitive enough and hope one day you can make it to the finals and maybe win, rebuild is to dump high end players and salaries in order to get multiple high draft picks and promising young players to rebuild a NEW core...

Nobody is advocating trading Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Kronwall. The suggestion was, if Holland was going to forgo all efforts to win now and not try to acquire the needs to win NOW, and go for a total rebuild, he may as well go for it all and get the huge returns for his high salaried super star players. Instead he is content with retooling and just being average enough to make the playoffs. Good thing is we have high end prospects that project to be very good to great players. So as long as Holland doesn't overpay for a rental, we should be in great shape in 5 or so years. Unfortunately it will be too late for Datsyuk, unless he starts signing those famous Holland 1 year deals.

Anyhow, back to this subject, in which the same user just cannot seem to stay on in any topic, if Ferraro and a pick gets it done, that would be fine, as long as Green re-signs. (I really don't want to lose Ferraro for him, but I know both he and Callahan are out of exemptions and we may lose them both for nothing anyhow, since there is no room for them on our current forward group.) NO trading any of our kids that are already here...that includes Jurco. This thread is not about who is better, Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco, its about Holland pursuing Mike Green. If you want a thread about who the best Wings Kid is, start a new one...

Unfortunately Ken Holland is known for overpaying in trade, at least recently. Like I mentioned earlier, Jarnkrok would have stung a bit less if Legwand would have re-signed. But as it looks now, we overpaid and gave up our top prospect for a rental. Ferraro is no Jarnkrok, but it would still hurt to only get a one year rental for him...then again, if we were going to lose Landon for nothing, and Green comes in and becomes a 70 pointer again...flip a coin, got to give to get...

We absolutely, positively, needed a top six center a year ago too. We got one, for a cost that wasn't worth it, and the move did nothing to help the team. We need to be wary about how far we're willing to go to fill a need.

I think Mike Green could help. But I'd be wary about giving too much for him. Because there's a thin line between need and want. The Wings have managed quite well without a right shooting PP quarterback in the past, and if the cost is too high they need to be willing to do so again. Missing out on FA has begun to turn the quest for a right defenseman into something messianic, and that worries me more than spending another down year letting the kids develop. Hell we've got people clambering for Jurco and/or Tatar to get traded for an expiring contract because we need it so bad. As if we don't need forwards with size, tenacity, and goal scoring potential, given that our current ones are getting old and injury prone.

I've been over this. We need a Mike Green, period. It's not a flavor of the month situation. It's not a grass is greener situation. Our blue line is broken and that's why we've been stumbling for the past several years. We fix our blue line, we score more. We get a forward with size and tenacity, we stil have a fundamental, systemic problem that's going to hold us back against the better teams in the league.

We're missing Lidstrom and Rafalski far more than we're missing Franzen in his prime and Hossa.

It's funny how a certain user (won't mention any name) cannot come on here without attacking others with snide remarks. There are three ways of going about this team, rebuild, retool or go for it. Go for it means, get the high end players you need NOW and try to win NOW, retool is to keep a core group of players and try to keep competitive enough and hope one day you can make it to the finals and maybe win, rebuild is to dump high end players and salaries in order to get multiple high draft picks and promising young players to rebuild a NEW core...

Nobody is advocating trading Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Kronwall. The suggestion was, if Holland was going to forgo all efforts to win now and not try to acquire the needs to win NOW, and go for a total rebuild, he may as well go for it all and get the huge returns for his high salaried super star players. Instead he is content with retooling and just being average enough to make the playoffs. Good thing is we have high end prospects that project to be very good to great players. So as long as Holland doesn't overpay for a rental, we should be in great shape in 5 or so years. Unfortunately it will be too late for Datsyuk, unless he starts signing those famous Holland 1 year deals.

Anyhow, back to this subject, in which the same user just cannot seem to stay on in any topic, if Ferraro and a pick gets it done, that would be fine, as long as Green re-signs. (I really don't want to lose Ferraro for him, but I know both he and Callahan are out of exemptions and we may lose them both for nothing anyhow, since there is no room for them on our current forward group.) NO trading any of our kids that are already here...that includes Jurco. This thread is not about who is better, Nyquist, Tatar or Jurco, its about Holland pursuing Mike Green. If you want a thread about who the best Wings Kid is, start a new one...

Unfortunately Ken Holland is known for overpaying in trade, at least recently. Like I mentioned earlier, Jarnkrok would have stung a bit less if Legwand would have re-signed. But as it looks now, we overpaid and gave up our top prospect for a rental. Ferraro is no Jarnkrok, but it would still hurt to only get a one year rental for him...then again, if we were going to lose Landon for nothing, and Green comes in and becomes a 70 pointer again...flip a coin, got to give to get...

Lefty I think the biggest problem I see in the whole "rebuild" and "go for it" stances, is so many people act like every GMs are so willing to take our scrubs for picks and our fading vets/mid-tier guys for their upcoming stars.